facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 30, 2017, 03:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Didn't I say it ? Celebration thread - Test win against Aus

I hate to brag, but let me do it just once.

Didn't I say it ? Didn't I just say it ?

I opened a thread named "Bangladesh, a formidable force in cricket now" yesterday, in which I said I'd bet my last dime - metaphorically, of course as I don't bet in reality - on a Bangladeshi victory.

It was great to see the reaction of the players, the spectators and even the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, a few minutes ago, at that historic moment. Well done Tigers !

Bangladesh, for sometime now, has been a really good team on par with any other top team and it was only that winning temperament and self-belief that needed some cranking up.

Last year they did beat England in a test and this year they were so convincing against Sri Lanka, wining a test. They sure carried that momentum into this test with Australia, with a lot of gusto.

From now on, Bangladesh will be regarded generally as a top competitor in world cricket, whichn in fact, they have been for some time already.

There were a few moments yesterday and today when Australia looked like bouncing back but Bangladesh had the temperament to withstand those moments, believing in themselves, to complete victory, with the brave Pat Cummins going down with the ship with his gun blazing.

I don't think Australia would feel humiliated. They have lost to a really good side.

When you beat a top team and that team does not feel humiliated by that, you sure have come of age.

Well done Bangladesh.

P.S. Someone said that the thread I opened yesterday was a "legit" jinx thread. Will the Tigers be jinxed when somebody, somewhere writes a thread ? Watch out Donald Trump. Somebody might take the cue.

Old August 30, 2017, 03:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

abherath uncle, Yes, you did! Thank you, love you!
Old August 30, 2017, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by abherath
I hate to brag, but let me do it just once.

Didn't I say it ? Didn't I just say it ?

I opened a thread named "Bangladesh, a formidable force in cricket now" yesterday, in which I said I'd bet my last dime - metaphorically, of course as I don't bet in reality - on a Bangladeshi victory.

It was great to see the reaction of the players, the spectators and even the Prime Minister of Bangladesh, a few minutes ago, at that historic moment. Well done Tigers !

Bangladesh, for sometime now, has been a really good team on par with any other top team and it was only that winning temperament and self-belief that needed some cranking up.

Last year they did beat England in a test and this year they were so convincing against Sri Lanka, wining a test. They sure carried that momentum into this test with Australia, with a lot of gusto.

From now on, Bangladesh will be regarded generally as a top competitor in world cricket, whichn in fact, they have been for some time already.

There were a few moments yesterday and today when Australia looked like bouncing back but Bangladesh had the temperament to withstand those moments, believing in themselves, to complete victory, with the brave Pat Cummins going down with the ship with his gun blazing.

I don't think Australia would feel humiliated. They have lost to a really good side.

When you beat a top team and that team does not feel humiliated by that, you sure have come of age.

Well done Bangladesh.

P.S. Someone said that the thread I opened yesterday was a "legit" jinx thread. Will the Tigers be jinxed when somebody, somewhere writes a thread ? Watch out Donald Trump. Somebody might take the cue.
It never felt like a jinxed thread rather a heartfelt write up so don't get hurt by some comments here and there. Thank you once again for the support and appreciation . Respect from a Bangladeshi fan
Old August 30, 2017, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

We will be a decent opponent and not be under estimated. Untill we get our Test selection side we wont be top.

But I agree with the formidable statement in ODIs.
Old August 30, 2017, 03:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Missed you buddy. What a victory.
Old August 30, 2017, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

YES you said it and we did it... Thank you..
Old August 30, 2017, 04:14 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Give that man a slice of Poḷonnaruwa.
Old August 30, 2017, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I think a lot of us thought we could turn over this aussie side
Old August 30, 2017, 06:38 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Ami kichu bolinai kintu ami jantam, spoiler ditey chai nai.
Old August 30, 2017, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Tbh, my comment, toward which abherath so subtly took a shameless swipe at, was meant as an anti-jinx. I saved us from this gloating newbie's tomfoolery.
Old August 30, 2017, 07:29 AM

Thank you Abherath, welcome back. Changed the thread title and I think you deserve it. What a feeling after a nail biting finish, BD boys deserved it the most.

However, BD almost massed it up by collapsing in the second innings once again as they did against England last year! Too many drop catches could have cost us the match! BD certainly need to game up on this regard, please dont just get carried away with these wins.

Enough of analysing after such a historical test match win, once again, congratulation BD boys, congratulation BD team. Tahnk you for giving us such a sweet moment.