facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 27, 2017, 03:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Soumo,Shak,Fiz

Irrespective of how you feel, you have to respect a man willing to lose out on millions of endorsements/contract deals to stand up (or take a knee) for what he believes in.

Colin is not some end of the bench type player. It was not too long ago that he lead the 49ers to the SuperBowl in his rookie year.

And as far as "respecting the country" is concerned. Why should you respect a country that doesn't respect you and your people's rights as a citizen? When Sheikh Mujib stood up for his people, he was disrespecting his country as well. Blind patriotism is just dumb.

Old September 27, 2017, 03:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
@iDumb, @Mufi, @Tigers_Eye have you guys ever experienced any kind of racism, blunt or subtle? Don't get me wrong I am just being curious, you don't have to answer if you don't want to
Racism for South Asians increased and intensified after 9/11. Most of the backlash was against the South Asian communities of all kinds, but mainly Sikhs for their turbans. Racist idiots just equate Arabs with brown Asians.

Also, look up "dot busters" hate group. They specifically targeted South Asians in New Jersey back in the 80s and 90s. (Dot, because of the bindi desi women wear).
Old September 28, 2017, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Racism for South Asians increased and intensified after 9/11. Most of the backlash was against the South Asian communities of all kinds, but mainly Sikhs for their turbans. Racist idiots just equate Arabs with brown Asians.

Also, look up "dot busters" hate group. They specifically targeted South Asians in New Jersey back in the 80s and 90s. (Dot, because of the bindi desi women wear).
Vilifying the immigrants has always been the easy escape root, not singling out the Americans though, however the situation is much much improved now isn't it?

Indian Americans albeit the most financially successful community in US, lack political muscle IMHO, although keeping a low profile did work for them I believe.
Old September 29, 2017, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
And as far as "respecting the country" is concerned. Why should you respect a country that doesn't respect you and your people's rights as a citizen? When Sheikh Mujib stood up for his people, he was disrespecting his country as well. Blind patriotism is just dumb.
Another internet generic comment that appears great but has little depth or meaning.

Blind patriotism is dumb. Respect for a country is not. Sheikh mujib reference doesn't really correlate sorry.

How is the country disrescting "his ppl"? I am sorry but this guy actually grew up white if you read his biography. Why aren't any other black ppl standing up if things are so dire? Despite what it appears, the civil rights leaders and all those Black live matters are a powerhouse.

Look how musliims are treated.. do you have anyone that can stand up for them like Black ppl do? A muslim getting shot near airport, you will hear not a single peep. Let a police officer slap a black guy and have it caught on tape.. it is an instant million dollar lawsuit.

OBAMA was the president for God sake. Should he also sit during the national anthem because his black ppl are not being respected in the country.

I am pretty sure he didn't know he wasn't gonna be signed as a consequence of this.. it just happened. so he didn't "willingly give up" money..
Old September 29, 2017, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

So fun watching the American BCites, argue about political morality in a forum.

I'll move along now.
Old September 29, 2017, 09:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
How is the country disrescting "his ppl"? I am sorry but this guy actually grew up white if

OBAMA was the president for God sake.
hahaha great stuff. Yea I'm not going to bother explaining this to you. You should move on, this is above your grade.

Obama was President, everything is fine y'all
Old September 29, 2017, 11:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Irrespective of how you feel, you have to respect a man willing to lose out on millions of endorsements/contract deals to stand up (or take a knee) for what he believes in.

Colin is not some end of the bench type player. It was not too long ago that he lead the 49ers to the SuperBowl in his rookie year.

Totally agree.
I love Bangladesh but I will never shy away from voicing my opinion of its numerous flaws. That is not patriotism.
People think just because Barack Obama was a black president, that makes everything okay in terms of race relations. That cannot be further from the truth. Just as a FYI, APJ Abdul Kalam was a muslim and president of India under BJP rule and at the time when Gujrat riot was a hot topic. Similarly our current chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha is a hindu at a time when minorities are hardly protected in Bangladesh.
Old September 29, 2017, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
hahaha great stuff. Yea I'm not going to bother explaining this to you. You should move on, this is above your grade.

Obama was President, everything is fine y'all
You don't have to explain anything to me ... I know what I said .. you should read my previous posts ... the plight of not being white is not lost on me ...i am brown and Muslim Sometimes it's more worse when you are the only non white person .

You are obviously missing the point ...

Nowhere did I mention Obama was the president so everything is fine ... far far from it. I am pretty sure even he faced some sort of racism growing up ... and he would equally be a target if he was in the wrong place wearing the wrong clothes ....

You have to read the post in context of not standing for country's flag ... that's why the extreme example about Obama on why sitting on the flag is so ridiculous because the country can seemingly oppress you but it can also give you the presidency ...

And dear tonoy... no one is arguing against voicing your opinion ..that's not the point .. also the point is not whether minorities are protected or not ...you don't have to go that far ...

The nations with very low women's rights and empowerment Bangladesh had barely seen a man at the helm in its short history.... while hasina apu is at the right position to change many things even she is also powerless when it comes to certain social problems and injustice .... but will she start saying this is not my country ? Not in a million years ... this is the country her father created ....

BSNGLADESH isn't found with the principal of women oppression ... USA is not found to exclusively oppress minorities ... there are just so much more to a flag and it anthem ..... why is it fair for someone who lost a son for a country to be next to someone who keeps on telling him your son died for nothing ?

Anyways ... ppl form their thoughts based on experience ... I find it extremely wrong sitting during anthem ... you don't know what the anthem and the flag means for whom . The flag and anthem.of the United States do not represent black oppression.

If it did go ahead burn it
Old September 29, 2017, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Btw patriotism will.allow you to make positive change ... it is a good thing. MLK made change instilling sense of patriotism not the other way round. He wanted a nation of equality and often quoted the declaration of independence ... and his words sometimes brings shivers down your spine ..he is a true leader .. and ppl equating his sad kneeling to this punk as kaepernicj who is instilling opposite feelings...

and Kapernick the cry baby with his privileged up brining thinks he is a hero ...

So yes kapenick and some of you are not patriots but leeches ..
Old September 29, 2017, 04:38 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

And dear tonoy...
Not me bruh..
Old September 29, 2017, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Why play national anthem before the start of the match at all? Nationalism is the worse kind of bigotry and if anything is done to weaken it I am all for it. The player in the question was right to not standing up for it. It is not disrespectful, it is just an showing of abstinence.
Old September 30, 2017, 12:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Not me bruh..
Sorry bro ..you usually don't write like that..
.it makes sense now .. I placed dear because I thought it was you and trying to be respectful while disagreeing with you ..

The other Dhaka guy it was ..makes more sense now....those two are similar in thought process ... internet heroes they are . And gets their news from Facebook comment section
Old September 30, 2017, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

This is ironic, when someone disrespects the US flag, SJW arm themselves with their keyboards.

Did you guys forget, how many flags the US has disrespected metaphorically, in the name democracy.
Old September 30, 2017, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
This is ironic, when someone disrespects the US flag, SJW arm themselves with their keyboards.
Don't follow sorry ... ? Social justice warrior hahaha ..have u been reading my posts ??

While you live in the USA ..draw a check from usa .... use the platform usa has provided for you.... you learn to respect what it stands for and fight for its constitutional rights and the uphold words of its founding fathers ...

If you are not in USA ...it doesn't really matter whether u stand or not during national anthem.. . I think many of you having difficulty comprehending me because you are either not American or a far detached immigrant ...

If I am ever in Dhaka for bd vs pak match ..I ain't standing during their anthem .
Old September 30, 2017, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Don't follow sorry ... ? Social justice warrior hahaha ..have u been reading my posts ??

While you live in the USA ..draw a check from usa .... use the platform usa has provided for you.... you learn to respect what it stands for and fight for its constitutional rights and the uphold words of its founding fathers ...

If you are not in USA ...it doesn't really matter whether u stand or not during national anthem.. . I think many of you having difficulty comprehending me because you are either not American or a far detached immigrant ...

If I am ever in Dhaka for bd vs pak match ..I ain't standing during their anthem .
This is being blown far out of proportion, It is his right whether to choose to kneel or stand, and correct me if i am wrong, isn't america the "land of the free". There are bigger things to be taken in the picture, than this whole fiasco.

But I agree with you, kneeling in this case was not the right thing to do.
Old September 30, 2017, 11:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
You don't have to explain anything to me ... I know what I said .. you should read my previous posts ... the plight of not being white is not lost on me ...i am brown and Muslim Sometimes it's more worse when you are the only non white person .

You are obviously missing the point ...

Nowhere did I mention Obama was the president so everything is fine ... far far from it. I am pretty sure even he faced some sort of racism growing up ... and he would equally be a target if he was in the wrong place wearing the wrong clothes ....

You have to read the post in context of not standing for country's flag ... that's why the extreme example about Obama on why sitting on the flag is so ridiculous because the country can seemingly oppress you but it can also give you the presidency ...

And dear tonoy... no one is arguing against voicing your opinion ..that's not the point .. also the point is not whether minorities are protected or not ...you don't have to go that far ...

The nations with very low women's rights and empowerment Bangladesh had barely seen a man at the helm in its short history.... while hasina apu is at the right position to change many things even she is also powerless when it comes to certain social problems and injustice .... but will she start saying this is not my country ? Not in a million years ... this is the country her father created ....

BSNGLADESH isn't found with the principal of women oppression ... USA is not found to exclusively oppress minorities ... there are just so much more to a flag and it anthem ..... why is it fair for someone who lost a son for a country to be next to someone who keeps on telling him your son died for nothing ?

Anyways ... ppl form their thoughts based on experience ... I find it extremely wrong sitting during anthem ... you don't know what the anthem and the flag means for whom . The flag and anthem.of the United States do not represent black oppression.

If it did go ahead burn it
Coherence and clarity. Try it sometime.
Old September 30, 2017, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Coherence and clarity. Try it sometime.
The internet hero has spoken! And widened my world view .. thank you

And come up with something new that I havnt hurled at you which simply u writing back .... then again originality is not your forte ...

Sheeps usually get eaten ... but they make a lot of noise though
Old September 30, 2017, 11:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
The internet hero has spoken! And widened my world view .. thank you

And come up with something new that I havnt hurled at you which simply u writing back .... then again originality is not your forte ...

Sheeps usually get eaten ... but they make a lot of noise though
You're welcome. Thought they only one making all the noise seems to be you, my friend.

Here's another piece of advice:
"..." is not a conjunction. It makes for piss poor writing and results in nonsensical ramblings. (see above for examples).
Old September 30, 2017, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You're welcome. Thought they only one making all the noise seems to be you, my friend.

Here's another piece of advice:
"..." is not a conjunction. It makes for piss poor writing and results in nonsensical ramblings. (see above for examples).
I am not your "friend" .. and don't wanna be associated with you
Friending little girls online is a crime in many countries ..except I think in Kathmandu
Old September 30, 2017, 11:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I am not your "friend" .. and don't wanna be associated with you
Friending little girls online is a crime in many countries ..except I think in Kathmandu
".." is also not a conjunction. It's no different than "..." But atleast you are improving. In a couple of months, you might drop to just 1 "." (we call that a period).
Old October 3, 2017, 12:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I mean there are literally millions of other ways of protesting and making sure your voice is heard.
African Americans have been extremely patient and peaceful when you factor the kinds of atrocities they have put up with. Just imagine how Indian Muslims would react if India had forced them to till the farmland for 300 years and were now shooting them on sight for their identity alone.

Sow what is the proper way, in a democratic country for someone to air their grievances?
Trevor Noah has asked the question a lot more poignantly than most have before:

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 3, 2017, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Trevor Noah is not really that smart of a guy to be honest .... and a bit too liberal to a fault for my taste .

He maybe black and he maybe from the era of apartheid but he is also from south Africa and confusing some race relations that aren't necessarily similar in the United States ...

The proper protest is one that is effective that is the answer..... police shooting is not an awareness problem ..it is a bias problem (and that bias is multifactorial ) . Sitting during anthem can perhaps bring ?awareness but it won't eliminate bias ..I don't understand noahs repeated question really .

There are successful movement perhaps one should take a leaf out of ... MLK . Gandhi . Mandela .. peaceful that attacks a man's conscience . Anyways that's another discussion .

Some of Trevor noahs anti trump rhetoric lately are also very childish and desperate at best .. I miss John Stewart. Stewart actually gave you prospecting worth pondering... Trevor is on the other hand a borderline clown but occasionally funny .

Last edited by iDumb; October 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM..
Old October 4, 2017, 09:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

John Stewart is a legend...its unfair to compare anyone to him.

But his question is apt...how are black people supposed to protest? Its actually just an excuse. Peaceful protest is "offensive", marching in the streets is a "riot".

You saw the sum of that mindset when Tomi Lahren a rich white teenager who only has her job due to her looks says "she's not a victim and thats why she doesn't protest".

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 4, 2017, 09:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Despicable act. Should be kicked out of America.
Old October 4, 2017, 10:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Despicable act. Should be kicked out of America.
Kick people out for expressing their 1st Amendment right?