facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: What would you do if your children announced to you they were gay?
Nothing, love is multifaceted. 3 25.00%
Educate why it is not recommended to be gay. 3 25.00%
I won't have children 1 8.33%
Beat them. 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 16, 2017, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

I said community and place. I said if I live in a community or place, that has majority gay people.

+ If I feel like the population of gay people is increasing in that community or place, I will just abandon that place. I don't want to get caught in the crossfire (Punishment sent by God). I care about my life, like most people care about their life.

I would just move away from that place. No need to argue with them, because majority will destroy you. No need to show them that religiously this is wrong and they should fear God, because they most likely won't care. So what is the best option for me? just leave them in peace and abandon that place. I want to protect myself firstly.

Nothing to do with disliking or hating them. I just don't want to get caught up in God's punishment.

Old October 16, 2017, 03:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I said community and place. I said if I live in a community or place, that has majority gay people.

+ If I feel like the population of gay people is increasing in that community or place, I will just abandon that place. I don't want to get caught in the crossfire (Punishment sent by God). I care about my life, like most people care about their life.

I would just move away from that place. No need to argue with them, because majority will destroy you. No need to show them that religiously this is wrong and they should fear God, because they most likely won't care. So what is the best option for me? just leave them in peace and abandon that place. I want to protect myself firstly.

Nothing to do with disliking or hating them. I just don't want to get caught up in God's punishment.
In a lighter note:
So your God is NOT equipped with a snipers rifle, he is incapable to pick and choose. He believes in using nuclear warheads only... lol
Old October 16, 2017, 03:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
In a lighter note:
So your God is NOT equipped with a snipers rifle, he is incapable to pick and choose. He believes in using nuclear warheads only... lol
I did not get this comment to be honest.

Why would he punish people when amongst them live majority good people?

Tonmoy post above is 666 hehe a sign from above LOL
Old October 16, 2017, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I think we should lock this thread for everyone's sake .

Very difficult to read
Old October 16, 2017, 05:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC

I am sorry to my Tigers-eye bhai saheeb aka amader shuprio bhalobashar Jamai babu akaa Dula miah bhai...
I am sorry that I was very harsh toward him. His comments are not hateful or mean toward gays, I feel that he did not deserve that, he never deserves that from me.
Only reason I will do this to him, is because I can engage in an argument with him laced with critical thinking and clarity and that is a rare and is an absolute beautiful thing.

I love this man and I hold extreme high respect for him within this forum and as well as outside.
Old October 16, 2017, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I am sorry to my Tigers-eye bhai saheeb aka amader shuprio bhalobashar Jamai babu akaa Dula miah bhai...
I am sorry that I was very harsh toward him. His comments are not hateful or mean toward gays, I feel that he did not deserve that, he never deserves that from me.
Only reason I will do this to him, is because I can engage in an argument with him laced with critical thinking and clarity and that is a rare and is an absolute beautiful thing.

I love this man and I hold extreme high respect for him within this forum and as well as outside.
Your comments were not hateful, heck its good that we finally have something to talk about in this forum. You are expressing your own opinion and its not your fault if someone takes it offensively.
Old October 16, 2017, 11:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
I did not get this comment to be honest.

Why would he punish people when amongst them live majority good people?

Tonmoy post above is 666 hehe a sign from above LOL
Ditto, please explain what you meant by Sniper Rifles Tonmoy.

I think I need a break from this forum.

Last edited by DinRaat.; October 17, 2017 at 01:14 AM..
Old October 17, 2017, 06:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Ditto, please explain what you meant by Sniper Rifles Tonmoy.

I think I need a break from this forum.
I am sorry, but why do I need to explain a simple analogy?

A sniper believes in 1 shot 1 kill, they don't cause collateral damage. Where as a nuclear bomb cannot distinguish between an enemy and women and children. So if one thinks that he will somehow face the wrath of God even after being a good person just because he is surrounded by sinners than that shows God cannot pick and choose, as ludicrous as that sounds.

PS: I do not consider being homosexual as a sin, however I consider being homophobic as a sin.
Old October 17, 2017, 07:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I am sorry, but why do I need to explain a simple analogy?

A sniper believes in 1 shot 1 kill, they don't cause collateral damage. Where as a nuclear bomb cannot distinguish between an enemy and women and children. So if one thinks that he will somehow face the wrath of God even after being a good person just because he is surrounded by sinners than that shows God cannot pick and choose, as ludicrous as that sounds.

PS: I do not consider being homosexual as a sin, however I consider being homophobic as a sin.
I think you have to study about religion and God more bro. May Allah remove the barrier you have to understand him better!

The reason you failed to understand my point is the lack of knowledge and wisdom you have about God and his laws. It’s not easy, I myself struggle often.

The point you missed out. What option do I as a believing person have when I am surrounded by let’s say sinful (gay people, using as an example)?

Option 1: Warn them, that religiously, according to our teaching it’s wrong.
Option 2: leave that place and move somewhere else.

If you take option 1 and they listen and change, you can happily stay with them.
However, if option 1 is failed, and they don’t take your warning., you exercise option 2.

Remember God never told us to Harm the gay people, or be abusive to them. He gave us couple of options. Warn them, if they don’t change, save yourself by exercising option 2.

Now if the destruction of God falls, and as a believer I haven’t exercised either of the option, what will I answer to God? When the destruction destroys everything I have? Because I failed to exercise what is required of me to do as a faithful Muslim? Remember God punishment is severe. Just to say you believe and have faith and at the same time do the opposite of what God commands is itself a sin. By staying with them I am failing to respond to what God wants from his servant.

Remember to God, and his laws, this is a sinful act. Hence as a believer, I have the right to follow it. I hope you would respect that.
Old October 17, 2017, 08:47 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
I think you have to study about religion and God more bro. May Allah remove the barrier you have to understand him better!

The reason you failed to understand my point is the lack of knowledge and wisdom you have about God and his laws. It’s not easy, I myself struggle often.

The point you missed out. What option do I as a believing person have when I am surrounded by let’s say sinful (gay people, using as an example)?

Option 1: Warn them, that religiously, according to our teaching it’s wrong.
Option 2: leave that place and move somewhere else.

If you take option 1 and they listen and change, you can happily stay with them.
However, if option 1 is failed, and they don’t take your warning., you exercise option 2.

Remember God never told us to Harm the gay people, or be abusive to them. He gave us couple of options. Warn them, if they don’t change, save yourself by exercising option 2.

Now if the destruction of God falls, and as a believer I haven’t exercised either of the option, what will I answer to God? When the destruction destroys everything I have? Because I failed to exercise what is required of me to do as a faithful Muslim? Remember God punishment is severe. Just to say you believe and have faith and at the same time do the opposite of what God commands is itself a sin. By staying with them I am failing to respond to what God wants from his servant.

Remember to God, and his laws, this is a sinful act. Hence as a believer, I have the right to follow it. I hope you would respect that.
There is option 3: minding your own business
Old October 17, 2017, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Do you mean to say stay quite/silent? That would be against the belief/faith etc.
Why? Because you did not listen to what God told you in regards to this. Hence, if you lived amongst that community/place, and you were struck by that punishment, you would be considered the same like them. Therefore, how can you complain against God? That he was unfair? When it was you who decided to mind your own business? By not caring about what your duty was as a believer? What God law is about this?

I don’t know if this example sounds logical.

Assume, my friend committed a crime. I was with him. Let’s say, he killed someone. If I do not stop him, stay quite, do not report to the authority, am I punishable by law?
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why?

The same applies here. The Gay thing is a sin in Islam, and it has its law. If I stay quite amongst that community, without warning them, leaving that place etc, would God punish me? I think the answer here would be yes? As I knew the law but decided to stay quite. As I knew what I had to do, but decided I won’t do them.

This issue has a lot to do with peoples faith and belief. I think we should respect that.
Old October 17, 2017, 09:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Here lies the issue.

If you know the truth, You must implement it in your life and then MUST convey. Can't just sit on the beneficial knowledge. But you can not force it on others. And most religious bigots fail to do so. If it gets to confrontation, then you stop and say you have your belief and I have mine.

Option 3 is not there in Islam. You have to convey for at least once (For your family it is multiple times.) This is for our own salvation. We can't get to heaven by ourselves. God's mercy is linked in how we help others to see the light.
Old October 17, 2017, 09:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Bitlami koro amar shatey? ei shob bhuwa alga LOVE bou're daw giya. Tomar khobor asey. NY'e aishey loi. Boshta kina raikkho. Mair ek tao mati'tey porbe na.

"Opa gangnam style.
ei sexy BK."
Old October 17, 2017, 10:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Here lies the issue.

If you know the truth, You must implement it in your life and then MUST convey. Can't just sit on the beneficial knowledge. But you can not force it on others. And most religious bigots fail to do so. If it gets to confrontation, then you stop and say you have your belief and I have mine.

Option 3 is not there in Islam. You have to convey for at least once (For your family it is multiple times.) This is for our own salvation. We can't get to heaven by ourselves. God's mercy is linked in how we help others to see the light.
Since Option 3 (minding ones business) is not a part of Islam, So here is my question.

Back in 2016, a prominent LGBT activist Xulhaz Mannan was murdered by extremist in his own apartment. He was slaughtered using machete infront of his mother.
Now since than none of the prominent Islam based parties in Bangladesh came out and protested against the killing. In this very forum, I once asked "Why arent any scholars speaking out against it? " , someone like minded like yourself answered that "it is not the job of Islam to protest even if killing is done in the name of the religion".

So option 3 is a part when it suits your agenda, but it is not a part when it doesn't.
Old October 17, 2017, 10:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
...In this very forum, I once asked "Why arent any scholars speaking out against it? " , someone like minded like yourself answered that "it is not the job of Islam to protest even if killing is done in the name of the religion".
That someone like minded of me is not "ME". That someone whoever it is, is/was wrong for him/her to say, "it is not the job of Islam" if he/she had said it (since you didn't quote).

Murder without a cause is always wrong in Islam. Everyone should protest it to their own capacity. Be it on non-believer, homosexual, or a Muslim.
Quote:
So option 3 is a part when it suits your agenda, but it is not a part when it doesn't.
This is so wrong in so many fronts. You are putting someone else's word on me. Please refrain from this. It doesn't affect me at all.
Old October 17, 2017, 10:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
That someone like minded of me is not "ME". That someone whoever it is, is/was wrong for him/her to say, "it is not the job of Islam" if he/she had said it (since you didn't quote).

Murder without a cause is always wrong in Islam. Everyone should protest it to their own capacity. Be it on non-believer, homosexual, or a Muslim.
This is so wrong in so many fronts. You are putting someone else's word on me. Please refrain from this. It doesn't affect me at all.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...18440&page=126
See post #3141

alias: MohammadShamim

"However, you only want to hear why scholars are not condemning the murder of atheist or Gay. Do you see scholars come to the media and condemn the innocent killing of children and humans around the world? why should only one rule apply where the condemnation applies for the murder of Gay and Atheist and not innocent children? The job of the scholars is not to show their face on media and come and support, their job is to follow what God has commanded and pass on the command to the people."

Anyways, in a country with 90% muslim, several prominent islam based parties and groups, surprisingly, no one uttered a word to condemn the killing of Xulhaz Mannan or any of the academics or bloggers that were murdered in the name of religion.

Actually there was the Sholakia huzur "fariduddin masud", who did speak out against it but guess what he has a bounty on his head now.
Old October 17, 2017, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Do you mean to say stay quite/silent? That would be against the belief/faith etc.

I don’t know if this example sounds logical.

Assume, my friend committed a crime. I was with him. Let’s say, he killed someone. If I do not stop him, stay quite, do not report to the authority, am I punishable by law?
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why?

The same applies here. The Gay thing is a sin in Islam, and it has its law. If I stay quite amongst that community, without warning them, leaving that place etc, would God punish me? I think the answer here would be yes? As I knew the law but decided to stay quite. As I knew what I had to do, but decided I won’t do them.

This issue has a lot to do with peoples faith and belief. I think we should respect that.
"I don’t know if this example sounds logical.
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why? "

Yes, Sporting. There is absolutely ZERO logic in your above analogy, statement, comparison.

Being gay and being engaged in a same sex sexual act between two consenting 'adults' is NOT a CRIME. It should be NONE of anybody's business what two consenting adults do to express their physio/emotional love between them. They can wear all the leather, gag each other or whip as much as if they want (whether gay or straight). It is NONE of anyone else' business (Just like Jadukor says - Option 3: Mind your own damn business!)

Murdering someone, killing someone as an equivalence to some unknown (or known) stranger adults doing whatever they are doing in their privacy/lives is NOT the same. If your dear beloved father got murdered at the grocery store tomorrow by a robber and your neighbors' having sex in their privacy - which one will you say that would effect your life?
We use 'God's' rules, commands in a very limited, selective way as we please. God is much larger than that. God speaks and directs us of many many things regarding our spiritual self-search and self-reflection than chasing gay guys/gals with a bamboo or Sodom and Gomorrah reference.

Sex between two homo-sexual adults, let God judge that. While we should try to refrain from adultery extra-marital affair which causes heart-break to a fellow human made the God. We should refrain from violence which causes physical harm to a fellow man who is the God's creation. We should refrain form having sex with an under-aged person (child) because that child is in NO position to give consent to the act and has very little to zero power over the perpetrating adult (rapist). We should refrain from raping someone, because there was NO consent between the rapist and the victim!

Sporting, you are a Brit, and you live in England. If you know someone murdered someone else, it is your responsibility as a citizen of a society to report that to the law enforcement agency. If you dislike and are disturbed by the fact that your class-mates or neighbors are gay and decide to report that to the Police/Bobby/parliament, be my guest!

Stand up for child abuse, women abuse, animal abuse...stand up for and defend the weak (all of God's creations that cannot defend themselves or speak back) in the society. If a man raped a young boy or another man, report the rapist!
Old October 17, 2017, 11:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Dear Mods,
Since the thread is about "gay" and "if your child or whoever is gay...what would you do??"
The key word here is 'Gay'...It is about sexuality, sexual orientation between humans, thus some clearly explicit wordings will be written and expressed here (by me). Like sodomy/anal sex and how God sees that.

If we are going to have the thread, the thread cannot be a simple sugar-coated one. If we are going to have an adult, intelligent, argument, conversation about sexuality of humans, we have to accept the reality of the sexual acts in here (trust me, I am not taking any pleasure writing these stuff). It is about sexuality and what bothers people about it, and about 'human' rights and social 'rights' . Absolutely we have to be respectful to our fellow man and be civil and I shall maintain my sense of decency.

I am just letting you guys know. You guys are great by the way.
Old October 17, 2017, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

What if two consenting adult siblings start to have sex like the lannisters ..should their father gleefully walk them down the aisle also ...

Just throwing it out there ..
Old October 17, 2017, 11:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Oh also, DiinRaat.
Comparing between homo-sexual act between two 'consenting' adults and having sexual act (thus eventually marriage) between a human and an animal (dog, as per your example) is absolutely nonsensical, completely child-like analogy. That argument has ZERO substance.

Again, key words here are sexual act (and having marital right) between 'two consenting adults'. One is NOT hurting the other and can think and make decision for themselves.
While a human having sex with or marrying a Dog- the 'Dog' or any other animal, for that matter, can not make that decision OR GIVE CONSENT to such act. The human is clearly over-powering/abusing the dog here and that is because the dog or a horse clearly submitted himself/herself to the human 'control'.

Yeah, let a man go try having sex with an adult Croc or a Siberian/Sumatran Tiger! That will be soemthing to write home about...not really 'a Dinner and a Movie' ....more like a 'a Date and a DInner' and won't take too long to figure out who is who!

Last edited by bujhee kom; October 17, 2017 at 12:48 PM..
Old October 17, 2017, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
"I don’t know if this example sounds logical.
I think the answer would be yes? Because the murder is a crime and I didn’t do anything? Even though I saw what he did? But I would still be punished? Why? "

Yes, Sporting. There is absolutely ZERO logic in your above analogy, statement, comparison.

Being gay and being engaged in a same sex sexual act between two consenting 'adults' is NOT a CRIME. It should be NONE of anybody's business what two consenting adults do to express their physio/emotional love between them. They can wear all the leather, gag each other or whip as much as if they want (whether gay or straight). It is NONE of anyone else' business (Just like Jadukor says - Option 3: Mind your own damn business!)

Murdering someone, killing someone as an equivalence to some unknown (or known) stranger adults doing whatever they are doing in their privacy/lives is NOT the same. If your dear beloved father got murdered at the grocery store tomorrow by a robber and your neighbors' having sex in their privacy - which one will you say that would effect your life?
We use 'God's' rules, commands in a very limited, selective way as we please. God is much larger than that. God speaks and directs us of many many things regarding our spiritual self-search and self-reflection than chasing gay guys/gals with a bamboo or Sodom and Gomorrah reference.

Sex between two homo-sexual adults, let God judge that. While we should try to refrain from adultery extra-marital affair which causes heart-break to a fellow human made the God. We should refrain from violence which causes physical harm to a fellow man who is the God's creation. We should refrain form having sex with an under-aged person (child) because that child is in NO position to give consent to the act and has very little to zero power over the perpetrating adult (rapist). We should refrain from raping someone, because there was NO consent between the rapist and the victim!

Sporting, you are a Brit, and you live in England. If you know someone murdered someone else, it is your responsibility as a citizen of a society to report that to the law enforcement agency. If you dislike and are disturbed by the fact that your class-mates or neighbors are gay and decide to report that to the Police/Bobby/parliament, be my guest!

Stand up for child abuse, women abuse, animal abuse...stand up for and defend the weak (all of God's creations that cannot defend themselves or speak back) in the society. If a man raped a young boy or another man, report the rapist!
They can do whatever they like/prefer. For a simple person like me, I would prefer not to be amongst a community of people that has a lot of gay people. I have simple understanding of Islam. I prefer to be safe than sorry. My fear comes from thinking what if I caught get in the cross fire when Gods punishment comes down. That’s why I prefer to stay away from this community. There are too many examples in the Quran, how Allah has destroyed communities for their sins, not only Homsexuqlity.. I like to remain amongst good/normal people. Nothing against the Gay people.
Old October 17, 2017, 12:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
They can do whatever they like/prefer. For a simple person like me, I would prefer not to be amongst a community of people that has a lot of gay people. I have simple understanding of Islam. I prefer to be safe than sorry. My fear comes from thinking what if I caught get in the cross fire when Gods punishment comes down. That’s why I prefer to stay away from this community. There are too many examples in the Quran, how Allah has destroyed communities for their sins, not only Homsexuqlity.. I like to remain amongst good/normal people. Nothing against the Gay people.
Just wondering where do u live? (not the address, just the country)?
Old October 17, 2017, 12:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Oh also, DiinRaat.
Comparing between homo-sexual act between two 'consenting' adults and having sexual act (thus eventually marriage) between a human and an animal (dog, as per your example) is absolutely non-nonsensical, completely child-like analogy. That argument has ZERO substance.

Again, key words here are sexual act (and having marital right) between 'two consenting adults'. One is NOT hurting the other and can think and make decision for themselves.
While a human having sex with or marrying a Dog- the 'Dog' or any other animal, for that matter, can not make that decision OR GIVE CONSENT to such act. The human is clearly over-powering/abusing the dog here and that is because the dog or a horse clearly submitted himself/herself to the human 'control'.

Yeah, let a man go try having sex with an adult Croc or a Siberian/Sumatran Tiger! That will be soemthing to write home about...not really 'a Dinner and a Movie' ....more like a 'a Date and a DInner' and won't take too long to figure out who is who!

You are wasting your time.

They do not understand the word "Consent" or "love" or "Adults" or "Human Rights" . I am sure this is the same discrimination that the African Americans faced prior to civil rights movement.
Old October 17, 2017, 12:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

When your own children or relatives are involved it’s your own business I think
Old October 17, 2017, 12:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
You are wasting your time.

They do not understand the word "Consent" or "love" or "Adults" or "Human Rights" . I am sure this is the same discrimination that the African Americans faced prior to civil rights movement.
not even close. what African-Americans faced in US could not be compared to anything else.

they had their culture, custom, language, and entire identity robbed from them. while in US, they saw their parents being a slave, while a being a slave themselves as well, and knowing their child (which you are allowed coz it will only mean more slaves) will be slaves as well. just imagine yourself in that situation. post civil war, the jim crow era wasn't necessarily better either.

I acknowledge gay discrimination. but it is more of a personal struggle rather than a systemic discrimination that affects all aspects of your family (parents, kids) that the African-Americans went through.

We should empathize with gay struggle but we should not be hyperbolic coz then it loses credibility.