facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 8, 2017, 08:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Default "When the team does really well, all the credit goes to the management and when we are not doing really well, all the blame comes to the captain"

I am kinda agree what he said. I guess in our country captain has least power from end to end Process which is alarming.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ushfiqur-rahim

Old October 8, 2017, 08:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

He said and I quote he "can take it" ..criticism that is ...it's obvious from what he is saying that he can't ..way too emotional ...

Quote:
he blame is coming at me, because I decided to field first in both Tests. Maybe I haven't been leading properly and that's why the team isn't doing well. This is why I am saying that I should be given opportunity to correct my mistakes,"
I always have hard time when mushy gives interview if it is real or onion article ... he can be a writer for onion .

Should be given opportunity to correct himself ..
You can't make this sh## up even if u tried ..comedy
Old October 8, 2017, 08:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Why does he cries so often in public?

Is he mentally stable?
Old October 8, 2017, 09:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Yeah I mean look, he's been captain how many years? And thinks he still deserves opportunity to correct things. Did he only just think it wasn't working? Mushy buddy, you're a quality batsman but a very very average captain and you're only just thinking about rectifying it now? This is a professional sport where you earn a bit of money, it's a job you don't get a free ride forever, it's perform or out and same should go with captaincy.

Can't just sit on his laurels for all these years then ask for time to rectify it imo. To me that shows his character, and it's the type of character you don't want as captain.

Even his on field mannerisms and his decisions, commentators said it, what he was marshalling on field, well he's showing that he doesn't really want to be captain. He was doing a disservice to his troops, he was outing them in public.

Mushy if you are so fed up with your players then you definitely should not be captain, if you can't motivate your players anymore maybe it's because you don't have the right stuff and it's time to move on.

The only reason he's still captain is because we are too scared of giving it to a youngster (fair enough) and we are too worried that tamim will be just as bad, with shakib they prob don't want to put it on him because of past indiscretions.
Old October 8, 2017, 09:49 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Mushy is such a crybaby. He should stay away from giving interviews.
Old October 8, 2017, 10:41 PM
Cricket Legend

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...60011410815437
Old October 8, 2017, 10:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সফরে থাকা বাংলাদেশ দল এখন অনেকটাই ধ্বজভঙ্গ।

Who is this Siam Chowdhury? Is he a bangla choti writer? What a choice of word as a reporter. Do I need to read more?
Old October 8, 2017, 10:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা সফরে থাকা বাংলাদেশ দল এখন অনেকটাই ধ্বজভঙ্গ।

Who is this Siam Chowdhury? Is he a bangla choti writer? What a choice of word as a reporter. Do I need to read more?
What does choti mean. I don't think it means short in your context.
Old October 8, 2017, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
What does choti mean. I don't think it means short in your context.
bangla soft p$rn. I hope you know the meaning ধ্বজভঙ্গ.
Old October 8, 2017, 11:07 PM
Test Cricketer

I think he needs a break from cricket.
Old October 8, 2017, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
bangla soft p$rn. I hope you know the meaning ধ্বজভঙ্গ.
It seems clear now,
Old October 8, 2017, 11:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Erm even when we were doing 'well' in tests, people still criticized you
Old October 9, 2017, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

This poser captain needs to get his *** out of the captaincy spectrum. My pet bird is a better leader than him, and ITS BLIND. His captaincy is making a mockery out of our side, the faster he gets himself out of the door, the better it is.

With such a young test team it is a "coke and mentos" like scenario waiting to implode onto the fans and management, he needs to go before he stirs up further drama. I doubt he will give up his captaincy without causing a afridiesque drama.
Old October 9, 2017, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Even though I agree with his Management Vs Blame statement, what does he mean by he needs more chances? This guy has been the captain for quite some time now, not like this is the first time he Fudged up this bad. How many more chances does he need or thinks he requires?
Old October 9, 2017, 01:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Even though I agree with his Management Vs Blame statement, what does he mean by he needs more chances? This guy has been the captain for quite some time now, not like this is the first time he Fudged up this bad. How many more chances does he need or thinks he requires?
Well said Gojira, some politicians in this forum, still believe Mushfiqur is fault-free.

Lets just analyze this. The management consists of veterans of the game, who have lead Bangladesh to some of the greatest moments in our cricketing history(2015). Mushfiqur Rahim on the other hand, bar some nice test performances, has mainly led his team to embarrassment shame and utter spankings by opposition.

Mushfiqur fans should enter politcs, they shift the blame to the management. This constant pro circa and **** throwing between management and rahim is getting tiring. One does not need a PhD in mechanical engineering to figure out that you don't bowl on a batting pitch.
Old October 9, 2017, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

No longer feel sympathy for him. He will never learn from his mistakes. He should learn about captaincy from mash. I think tamim should be next test captain or bring anamul and make him captain. He has lots of experience as a captain in age level
Old October 9, 2017, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ushfiqur-rahim

if you dont learn from your mistakes, you are an idiot.
Old October 9, 2017, 06:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Well said Gojira, some politicians in this forum, still believe Mushfiqur is fault-free.

Lets just analyze this. The management consists of veterans of the game, who have lead Bangladesh to some of the greatest moments in our cricketing history(2015). Mushfiqur Rahim on the other hand, bar some nice test performances, has mainly led his team to embarrassment shame and utter spankings by opposition.

Mushfiqur fans should enter politcs, they shift the blame to the management. This constant pro circa and **** throwing between management and rahim is getting tiring. One does not need a PhD in mechanical engineering to figure out that you don't bowl on a batting pitch.

Mushy is already 10 times better player and a captain that bashar or nannu could ever be. Stop this old is gold nonsense. All of our selectors r absolutely clueless and not fit for their job. And no, they they didn't lead us to some of the greatest moments in our cricket history, Mushy did.

Mushy led the team like a true champion and helped us to draw the test series against the kiwis. Can't remember when did basher or nannu did something remotely similar to this.

Also don't forget that under his leadership we've won our first ever test outside home against a major cricketing nation like Sri Lanka. He fought like a valiant leader and scored a crucial half century in the first innings, remained not out in the second innings and played a vital role in achieving one of the major milestones in the history of Bangladesh Cricket. But obviously we've forgotten all of these.

He was absolutely spot on when he bashed our worthless bowers in front of the media. They deserved it. Many world class captains did that in the past. As a captain he has the right to do that. Besides this, he hardly has any power over the selection of the team or team strategy.

Team management and the worthless, overhyped bowers r the real culprit for our shambolic performance in south africa, just what mushy said it in front of the media.
Old October 9, 2017, 07:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Mushy is already 10 times better player and a captain that bashar or nannu could ever be. Stop this old is gold nonsense. All of our selectors r absolutely clueless and not fit for their job. And no, they they didn't lead us to some of the greatest moments in our cricket history, Mushy did.

Mushy led the team like a true champion and helped us to draw the test series against the kiwis. Can't remember when did basher or nannu did something remotely similar to this.

Also don't forget that under his leadership we've won our first ever test outside home against a major cricketing nation like Sri Lanka. He fought like a valiant leader and scored a crucial half century in the first innings, remained not out in the second innings and played a vital role in achieving one of the major milestones in the history of Bangladesh Cricket. But obviously we've forgotten all of these.

He was absolutely spot on when he bashed our worthless bowers in front of the media. They deserved it. Many world class captains did that in the past. As a captain he has the right to do that. Besides this, he hardly has any power over the selection of the team or team strategy.

Team management and the worthless, overhyped bowers r the real culprit for our shambolic performance in south africa, just what mushy said it in front of the media.
Captain job is to mitigate his/hers surroundings and adjust the field accordingly, to suit the bowlers and decide on what to do at the toss.Management has little say in this and can only give recommendations.

Our first away win was against West Indies in 09, you insolent tart.

Didn't Heath Streak and Hathurusingha together led us to win 5 consecutive series wins at home, Oh and players like Soumya,Mustafizur, Taskin have just miraculously appeared in the side. The coach/coaches, give suggestions and over sees training, to ensure players are at peak performance.

Mushfiqur bashing his bowlers was downright an uneducated rant by Mushfiqur, he chose to bowl first. It was his decision to send his bowlers to the slaughter house.

Quote:
Ahhh yes, who could forget the defeat against Hong Kong, the shocking defeats against Afghanistan and India A, our beloved captain has such awesome milestones under his little belt. Not to mention the horrid year of 2014, where we were reduced to minnows after just one term of his captaincy.

Quote:
Many world class captains did that in the past. As a captain he has the right to do that. Besides this, he hardly has any power over the selection of the team or team strategy.
Now your just talking like a demented person, World-class captains such as Kohli, Smith and De villiers do not explicitly belittle their bowling attack, because they are educated enough to know that this will diminish the bowlers confidence.
Secondly, captain does select the final 11 for the match, the coach can only give recommendations, so I think your just pulling that statement out of your ***. Mushfiqur does have power over selection and but it he is clearly lacking the expertise to exercise that power.

Quote:
overhyped bowers r the real culprit for our shambolic performance in south africa
Nope, poor selection is the culprit for our shambolic performances.

Your low key trolling is getting annoying now.
Old October 9, 2017, 07:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Eclipse last but not least, Bashar drew matches against a veteran Indian side, you of all fans should know that.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...h-test-series/

Annnnd

West Indies away as well.

With players that have the brain of a pea.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...es-test-series
Old October 9, 2017, 07:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Throwing your young players is one thing but throwing the management under the bus is another thing. Now your enemy is not that helpless, they are more powerful than you. That's it ... we know what will be the outcome...he will cry and apologize, but I am afraid it will save his captaincy.

This is what Isam have written in cricinfo:

"It is a matter of the country's image when he [Mushfiqur] makes these statements on tour," Hassan (Papon) said. "The board is concerned with his statement because it is not consistent with the information we have. So it is important to find out from him what's happening. We have to investigate the issue, but only after the series. We will sort out what's bothering him. If there's no way out and if we see that leaving the captaincy will be good for Mushfiqur, then we will decide accordingly."

"I don't think it is the captaincy but something else is bothering him. It could be the management, coach or even us. If we can figure it out, we will solve the problem," Hassan said. "But let me ask you something: is it the management's decision to field first in the second Test? Let us find out.
"There's nothing to hide in this case of who took the decision. Management gives a plan. If they don't give a plan, what's the use of having coaching staff?"

"
"Mushfiq is a little different than others, not in a negative sense. He doesn't express himself much. The quiet types are hard to understand. And they end up saying unexpected things," Hassan said. "For example, there isn't a captain in the world who'd say it was wrong of me to win the toss. But he has said it. Is this a way to answer a question? It shows that he's having some problem, but I knew it from before."
Old October 9, 2017, 09:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Captain job is to mitigate his/hers surroundings and adjust the field accordingly, to suit the bowlers and decide on what to do at the toss.Management has little say in this and can only give recommendations.
I m sorry but u've very little understanding about the role of a captain and how things work in the middle of a cricket field. A captain can adjust the field to help out the bowers. But the respective bowlers will have to bowl according to the adjusted field.

When a captain brings fine leg up inside the circle and push the mid wicket back to the boundary to help out a bowler, that bowler will have to justify that decision by continuously bowling good length deliveries on off stump channel. But most of our worthless bowers lack that quality which is why they mostly fail to bowl according to the field and bowl 2/3 boundary ball in every single over and make the captain look look bad.

Even the opposition players said the same about the Bangladeshi bowlers. When this is the quality of the bowlers of a team even the best captain of this world won't be able to set fields for such bowlers.

Quote:
decide on what to do at the toss.Management has little say in this and can only give recommendations.
His decision to bowl first was correct. But Problem with our hyper delusional fans is that they blame mushy for everything. Mushy decided to bowl first to protect our batters from the initial outburst of south african pacers on a fresh unused wicket.

A team that gets bowled out for 90 on the 4th day flat wicket would've been bowled out for 50 if they had been asked to bat first on a fresh wicket. Mushy just wanted to take the match to the 5th day which is why he opted to bowl first to give us a slight chance to draw the match.

Quote:
Our first away win was against West Indies in 09, you insolent tart.
Read that post again. "MAJOR'' was the key word in that post. That West indies team that got white washed by us in 09 was worse than Namibia because almost all the regular West indies players decided to boycott that series to protest against WICB. That's the only reason why we won that series. The only test that we've won against a major test side outside home was against srilanka and mushy led from the front in that test like a true leader.

BTW, Ur childish remark is just showing ur class(lack of it). Obviously u r not intelligent enough to refute someone's post by present actual facts. Pls continue.

Quote:
Mushfiqur bashing his bowlers was downright an uneducated rant by Mushfiqur, he chose to bowl first. It was his decision to send his bowlers to the slaughter house.
Just because u think musgfiqur's constructive criticism as an uneducated rant doesn't necessarily mean it was actually an uneducated rant. Actually it was exactly the opposite.

He gave his bowlers the chance to use the early moisture of the wicket and let his bowlers to bowl on fresh wicket early in the morning. His worthless bowlers failed Miserabley and couldn't manage to take more than 3 wickets. It was the fault of the bowlers which is why they were rightly criticised by musgfiqur.

If mushy had decided to bat first and Bangladesh got bowled out for 50 in the first innings the same hyper delusional Bangladeshi fans would've blamed him for choosing to bat first on a fast and bouncy southafrican wicket. A classic example of dammed if u do, dammed if u don't scenario.

Quote:
Ahhh yes, who could forget the defeat against Hong Kong, the shocking defeats against Afghanistan and India A, our beloved captain has such awesome milestones under his little belt. Not to mention the horrid year of 2014, where we were reduced to minnows after just one term of his captaincy.
Irrelevant points. These sort of things happen in international cricket. Even a captain of pointing's caliber lost to a minnow Bangladesh in a world cup.

Quote:
Now your just talking like a demented person, World-class captains such as Kohli, Smith and De villiers do not explicitly belittle their bowling attack, because they are educated enough to know that this will diminish the bowlers confidence.
Kohli or Smith aren't world class captains. Just because kohli is winning everything at the moment doesn't necessarily mean he's a great captain. Kohli is thrashing every opposition because he has world class batters and bowlers in his possession.

Dhoni is arguably one of the greatest limited over captains of all time and he criticised his fast bowlers quite a few times in front of the media. Every captain said such things once in a while.

Quote:
Secondly, captain does select the final 11 for the match, the coach can only give recommendations, so I think your just pulling that statement out of your ***. Mushfiqur does have power over selection and but it he is clearly lacking the expertise to exercise that power.
Bangladeshi captains don't have as much power as Indian captains have. In India captain has all the power but in Bangladesh captain us just a puppet. All the major decisions r taken by the management and the board just like the way mushy said it in front of the media. He was absolutely right when he said that he alone shouldn't be blamed here. Bowlers, batters, coaches and management ....... all of them should be blamed.

Quote:
Nope, poor selection is the culprit for our shambolic performances.

Your low key trolling is getting annoying now.
Again a childish attempt to rile me up lol. Present some actual facts dude.
Old October 9, 2017, 09:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Very ironic,that you speak of facts. When you believe India lost to Pakistan because Kohli was too busy selecting the next head coach of India.
Old October 9, 2017, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

The board needs to babysit Mushfiq. And this guy is in the helm of a team?
Old October 9, 2017, 06:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Mushfiq does not deserve to don the red & green. He is more a worm than a tiger.