facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2017, 07:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

It was not sarcasm. I agree that the team culture needs to be looked at and it starts with senior players and management and coaches.

Really players should all be mates with a healthy rivalry which motivates each other to try and improve on a daily basis. New blood should be welcomed and I don't believe in initiations or any of that.

Create a culture of fun and enjoyment but also hard work ethic, they need to work together and it needs to be an environment where it's competitive and hard working but friendly. Improve for each other not just themselves.

I mean Aussies might take it a bit far with comments but you see warner saying in the ashes it's war, got to prepare yourself for the battle.

Old October 22, 2017, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Batting coach is required. Revamping bowling department!
Old October 22, 2017, 10:31 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, BCB should not discriminate against any player whether he is senior or junior. Also, instead of looking at performance of one series only or looking at how one performing over a whole decade, look at how a player performing over last 2-3 years. Thus, Momin should not be given any preferential treatment based on what he did in pre-Hathuru era, neither Soumya should be given chances after chances when he is clearly struggling to overcome his technical flaws. In both cases, players should be sent back to HP setup, to work on their shortcomings. Someone else in their places, a junior like Shanto or a senior like Nafees should be given chance based on their current form and how well prepared they are to step up to international stage.
Old October 22, 2017, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Team, management and coach all need over-hauls. We are absolutely pathetic overseas, would not be surprised if some Australian domestic sides steamroll are current team.
Old October 22, 2017, 10:50 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The Senior players can do the job in subcontinental conditions consistenly and are capable of putting up good performances in bouncy conditions occasionally. These guys are the best we have and, no! Naeem islam wont set the world alight in SA just because he is killing it in domestic league. Senior players are putting up performances as evident from the centuries Ryad, Shakib scored in England and Mushfiq scored here in SA. Tamim was very comsistent prior to the injury

The problem is not with the seniors. Between Shakib Tamim Mushfiq and Ryad, one or two are always getting a big score. Where we are struggling is with the youngsters. Soumya is an absolute train wreck, Shabbir Liton arent consistent enough, Taskin has regressed to Abul level and Shafiul and Kayes have played like one would expect them to play.

Tamim, Shaib, Ryad Mushy, Mustafiz, Rubel, Miraz and Captain Mash should be the core of the group and all the rest need to be told to score a mountain of runs in the domestic league. We need more options for tamim's partner and number 3. We need more options for power hitters in the middle/lower order. We need more options for a genuine new ball bowler like Sayed Rasel or Nazmul.

While wholesale changes wont do us any good, some changes are really required to reverse the trend. The easiest option is to fire the entire coaching staff and get fresh people that can extract results out of the young players.
Old October 22, 2017, 11:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Its fair to criticize the seniors. They just didnt do enough this series. But I would say this is a one off series they had. Against Aussies, in CT, In Lankan series, in the Tri Series, it was mostly the seniors that performed.

And it all depends right. lets talk about Mash. He bowls from one end at the start. in order for him to be more effective, the other end needs to be tight at least. In all 3 games, Mash had to run around trying to figure out who to bowl from the other end. Rubel is ineffective early, Taskin is Taskin, spinners are not good enough to bowl early in those conditions. He was never good at death in the first place. Still had to bowl because there wasnt anyone to do it.

Shakib had an off first game. He bowled well in the second and third ODI and batted well in the later as well. Cant expect much more from a spin allrounder in those conditions. Shouldve batted better for sure though!

Mushy batted really well in the 2 games. There isnt much he couldve done in the last 2 games when he was chasing a mammoth total and his partners were saying bye quicker then hi.

By the time Riyad came into bat in the 2 games, it was too late. There is nothing he couldve done. Expected better on the first innings though. For this particular series, Riyad shouldve batted at no.3 because he is probably the best batsmen in away condition, and if Haturi was as innovative as he used to be, he wouldve slotted Riyad higher for this series.

Again, seniors were very poor but its not this has been happening consistently this year. Seniors bailed us out before and this time they didnt. Thats the difference.
Old October 22, 2017, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

At-least this series has showed that Rubel is a far superior ODI bowler than Trashking.
Old October 22, 2017, 11:27 PM
Cricket Guru

I think some of us are giving lots of leniency to Mash this series. Among the three front line pacers, he was the worst one (gave away 201 runs, did not take a single wicket), not Taskin.

Also, he was supposed to mentor the other two. Walsh is getting lots of heat that Rubel and Taskin declining. How is our ace pacer with such a wealth of experience not being held responsible for that?! He was on the field with them, Walsh was not!
Old October 22, 2017, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

The following players are incorrectly placed currently

Test
Shabbir Rahman
Imrul Kayes
Mahmudullah Riyad
Taskin Ahmed
Rubel Hossain
Shafiul Islam
Soumya Sarkar (even though he didnt play, he was in the squad)

Thats a total of 7 players with unlimited question marks!

ODI
Imrul Kayes
Soumya Sarkar
Nasir Hossain
Liton Das
Taskin Ahmed
Saifuddin
Shafiul Islam (didnt play but selected as replacement)

Again half the sides with question marks!

T20
Imrul Kayes
Liton Das
Mushfiqur Rahim
Soumya Sarkar
Taskin Ahmed
Rubel Hossain

6 players that shouldnt be here.

When the coach selects half the side based on nothing, it kills everything.
Old October 22, 2017, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I think some of us are giving lots of leniency to Mash this series. Among the three front line pacers, he was the worst one, not Taskin.

Also, he was supposed to mentor the other two. Walsh is getting lots of heat that Rubel and Taskin declining. How is our ace pacer with such a wealth of experience not being held responsible for that?! He was on the field with them, Walsh was not!
Mash only performed poorly when AB smacked him in the death. He was the most economical in the first and certaintly bowled better then Taskin in the 3rd who went for almost 10 an over
Old October 22, 2017, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq

Test
Shabbir Rahman
Imrul Kayes
Mahmudullah Riyad
Taskin Ahmed
Rubel Hossain
Shafiul Islam

ODI
Imrul Kayes
Soumya Sarkar
Nasir Hossain
Liton Das
Taskin Ahmed
Saifuddin

T20
Imrul Kayes
Liton Das
Mushfiqur Rahim
Soumya Sarkar
Taskin Ahmed
Rubel Hossain

I agree Souyma needs to rethink his position in the INTL side, has not done anything of note for the past 2 years, after those 90s against SA.
Old October 23, 2017, 12:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Few more points.

- When we are specifically talking about the poor performance in this series and how bad we did, bringing up great past performance of experienced players is pointless. Its all about what you have done in this series.

- Tamim barely played in this series because of injury and Sakib and Mashrafee didn't played in TEST. You cannot blame a player who barely played or didn't played. The same should be true for young players. For example SS played just 1 TEST ( out of 2 i.e. 50%) and one ODI out of 3 ( 33%). I understand why people question his selection. However he was not the root cause of all the problems. What happened to the other games that he didn't' played? Can we blame him for the whole series? The same is true for Saifuddin. He just played one ODI, that's it. Was he the problem for our pathetic performance?

- Some of us putting young Litton as one of the failure young player in this series. Was he really a failure? I ask to refresh your memory again. He played dual role (wicket keeping and alternate opener). Yes he didn't get the run in ODI, but in test he had the highest average in this TEST series with 33. He just came back in the team and this was a difficult tour, why are we discarding him as a failure? doesn't he deserve our support a little bit longer?

- I understand why Sabbir and SS is getting some heat, but how come nobody is complaining about Nasir? In this ODI series, Sabbir had average of 25, SS 8 and Nasir 7.

- I know Imul is our favorite punching bag. But relatively he did ok among the other openers. In this Test series, Imrul had an average of 24 versus Tamim 19 and SS's 6. In this ODI series Imrul had an average of 33 compared to Tamim's 23 and SS's 8. Yes Imrul sucked, but our other openers sucked even more.

- Again I ask you to visit all the games. Its a mixed bag of few successful individual batting followed by more inconsistent and bad batting...and these few good batting came from both young and the seniors. There is just one exception....in ODI Rahim had two good batting (out of 3)... that's it. So I don't know why we are picking up just juniors but not the seniors.

- Bowling is completely different thing. In test it was all young players. None of the senior bowlers played. In ODI there were some senior players but i don't think young playerd bowled significantly bad than senior players. They all sucked.

-
Old October 23, 2017, 12:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
I agree Souyma needs to rethink his position in the INTL side, has not done anything of note for the past 2 years, after those 90s against SA.
We tend to discount local game performance. May be that is the problem.

SS rarely dominate in local league games, but still he get chances based on past heroics in the national team and because he is tagged as "talented player"

May be we need to trust our local league a little bit more and reward local league/team-A performers. There will still be some failure, but still this will be a better way to reward hard workers and inform players.
Old October 23, 2017, 02:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Taskin has regressed to Abul level
Objection!
Abul matro 6ta ODI khelsey
Testey 1 wicket/test nisey with a batting avergae of 82.50!
Please don't insult Abul
Old October 23, 2017, 03:13 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Objection!
Abul matro 6ta ODI khelsey
Testey 1 wicket/test nisey with a batting avergae of 82.50!
Please don't insult Abul
objection overruled!
abul 6 ta ODI khele akta wicket o ajo nite parenai, eco rate over 6.5
T20 te eco rate almost 10
test e or bowling avg almost 1.5 times of batting avg of 82.5

moral of the story: lau r kodu niye jhogra kore lav nai
Old October 23, 2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
objection overruled!
abul 6 ta ODI khele akta wicket o ajo nite parenai, eco rate over 6.5
T20 te eco rate almost 10
test e or bowling avg almost 1.5 of batting avg of 82.5

moral of the story: lau r kodu niye jhogra kore lav nai
Regardless of stats both fall under the triple B category. Braindead Bolod Bowling.
Old October 23, 2017, 04:26 AM

It is just heartbreaking to see these guys regress this way. We have lost Anamul Gazi Jahirul Nasir Jubair etc.. now if we cant save the next batch, we are going to be in a whole lot of trouble by 2018
Old October 23, 2017, 04:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Tests
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Shanto
4. Mominul
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiq
7. Mosaddek
8. Mehedi
9. Al-Amin
10. Fizz
11. Roy

ODIs
1. Tamim
2. Imrul
3. Mushfiq
4. Shakib
5. Mosaddek
6. Riyad
7. Sabbir
8. Saifuddin/Mehedi
9. Mashrafe
10. Rubel
11. Fizz
Old October 23, 2017, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq

Test
Shabbir Rahman
Imrul Kayes
Mahmudullah Riyad
Taskin Ahmed
Rubel Hossain
Shafiul Islam

ODI
Imrul Kayes
Soumya Sarkar
Nasir Hossain
Liton Das
Taskin Ahmed
Saifuddin

T20
Imrul Kayes
Liton Das
Mushfiqur Rahim
Soumya Sarkar
Taskin Ahmed
Rubel Hossain

Good list... Now replace them, all of them.

We've got replacements here and there, that's it.

Old October 23, 2017, 06:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Even if the world turns upside, I will never know why Shafiul Islam is in the T20I, probably joke of the year.
Old October 23, 2017, 06:53 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
We gotta get rid of the leader of the pack first. Fitness should always be considered as an important aspect before selecting a player.
Right out of mouth of Indian cricket team coach (or is he a director) the only Ravi shastri. Well done.
Old October 23, 2017, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Good read
Old October 23, 2017, 08:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

The troll wants to remove the best captain we ever had. We can understand why is that.

Mashrafe has been in the team because of his performance. He has been among the best two bowlers for us in last 3 years.
Old October 23, 2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Nah aside from a couple of young talents coming through these are the best there are for the most part. Stick with them, it took mushy and tamim awhile to get going and the only reason they are so good and still around is because they were persisted with for a long time.

Mushy averaged 23 after 80 ODIs, tamim did better but averaged around 28/29 for more than 100 matches.
Agree ...

one away tour after ten years or so will not help any player/team ...
The young bunch will get better and better with experience and opportunity ...
Old October 23, 2017, 09:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Need a overhaul of our domestic structure.
Need to focus more on A team/U-19 tours overseas.

These areas are the key. Otherwise the talent that will come out will be mostly undercooked.