facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 9, 2017, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Hathurusingha Resigned?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...ngladesh-coach

http://www.ceylontoday.lk/print20170...0.php?id=33747

Good news in my opinion. He is doing us a favor if he is stepping down. Progress was slowing down. And felt like he has lost the dressing room.

Technically its a win, win, win for all three parties. Pretty sure he wanted to coach Sri Lanka at one point. And i bet the young struggling Lankan side could do with a coach like him.

Old November 9, 2017, 04:15 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

What a bombshell of a story. Something did feel off-right though. Well if the reports are true then I won't be too upset. However, we got to give Hathuri a lot of credit for the worldcup success and the wonderful year we had in 2015. A new coach may just be the thing the team needs.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Absolutely. Deserves full credit for all he is done. But could be a blessing in disguise
Old November 9, 2017, 04:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Jason Gillespie, Anil Kumble, Andy Flower. There are options in the market.

Tom Moody will be tough, but perfect timing. No harm giving him an offer.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

The end of a great tenure, wish him luck with his new job!
Old November 9, 2017, 04:29 AM

I actually think Andy Flower would be amazing if we could afford him. He seems very disciplined and has quite the technical knowledge to improve our next batch of up-comers. Also, the guy is a tactical shrewd, his career as a player and then as a coach can do all the talking for him. I still think he was the spark that turned things around for England. Hugely underrated IMO.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:35 AM
Cricket Legend

BCB might have to spend quite a bit to get him down. But i feel we could do with a batting oriented coach. Flower is a perfectionist, and very tough.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:37 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

I dont think a tough coach like andy flower will survive 2 months with the internal politics in our country
Old November 9, 2017, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Great news if it's true. The locker room chemistry is gone and Haturis technique and ego is getting in the way... He will still go down as the most successful BD coach to date and would wish him luck with Sri Lanka.

I wonder if BCB will accept the resignation though... There isn't much time before the Sri Lankan series prep starts. I assume they would atleast want him till the series is over. But if they do decide to let him go, they will have to sign someone within the next 3 weeks.

You guys are throwing in names like Andy Flower, Moody, Gillespie and such but watch BCB settle for someone like Aaqib Javed or even Waqar Younis. While I don't mind the later, I would prefer someone from anywhere but Pakistan.

I think Kumble if he would agree to take a paycut would be good since he can spend more time in BD cutting his travel times to bare minimum from India.

And now would be a great time to release Courtney Walsh. Get a proper bowling coach on board. Or try convincing Streak to come back as a HC and hire a seperate batting coach. If HC is offered a head role, I am sure he would consider it with more then 2x the salary he gets from Zim Cric board. Then hire Andy as the batting coach.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

God save us, if domestic coaches try to apply for the job.
Old November 9, 2017, 04:44 AM

Fair point Night Wolf. But I feel Flower would be perfect for the kind of coach we need to progress forward. He is the same authoritarian as Hathuri but also possess the technical knowledge that Hathuri lacks. We've had two different coaches with opposite strengths and weakness. First it was Siddons who was great in technical aspect and had helped mould Tamim, Shak and Mushfiq. But he sucked tactically and discipline wise. Then we had Hathuri, who is great at discipline and tactics, but I feel just doesnt possess the traits to improve the next batch of talents. Andy I think has the best of both. If only we could afford him. But a guy can dream I guess...
Old November 9, 2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Great news if it's true. The locker room chemistry is gone and Haturis technique and ego is getting in the way... He will still go down as the most successful BD coach to date and would wish him luck with Sri Lanka.

I wonder if BCB will accept the resignation though... There isn't much time before the Sri Lankan series prep starts. I assume they would atleast want him till the series is over. But if they do decide to let him go, they will have to sign someone within the next 3 weeks.

You guys are throwing in names like Andy Flower, Moody, Gillespie and such but watch BCB settle for someone like Aaqib Javed or even Waqar Younis. While I don't mind the later, I would prefer someone from anywhere but Pakistan.

I think Kumble if he would agree to take a paycut would be good since he can spend more time in BD cutting his travel times to bare minimum from India.

And now would be a great time to release Courtney Walsh. Get a proper bowling coach on board. Or try convincing Streak to come back as a HC and hire a seperate batting coach. If HC is offered a head role, I am sure he would consider it with more then 2x the salary he gets from Zim Cric board. Then hire Andy as the batting coach.
I'd be super pissed if it's someone from Pakistan. No offense neither Waqar or Aqib had done anything worthy as a coach. But I would take Kumble. He seems a similar mould as Hathuri but would have the technical knowledge to improve our spinners. He may have us finally be a team that dominates at home. A fat chance in hell that would happen though as his ego would get in the way of ever coaching a low tier team such as ours(at least that's how they perceive us).
Old November 9, 2017, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Kumble would be perfect for us for a number of reasons.

1) he lives right next door so he won't be staying away like Haturi 80% of the time
2) some of our players would understand Hindi much better then English
3) he is a strict coach too like Haturi which is required for our babies
4) his coaching success with India is a no brainer
5) a proper spinner himself, he could turn our 0 degree Turner's into proper spinners
Old November 9, 2017, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

On the other hand , this could be the end of Soumya Sarkar, Shabbir Rahman and Imrul Kayes
Old November 9, 2017, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Good news

He did well, but he reached his peak and it was coming down, progress stalled and his mistakes were growing day by day
Old November 9, 2017, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Omd. I’m the happiest guy on BC. Thank you and goodbye, haturi. You won’t be missed. Tara.

My day/night off and was feeling bit annoyed not BPL matches to watch today. This news certainly has lightened up my mood
Old November 9, 2017, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ATM - No One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
On the other hand , this could be the end of Soumya Sarkar, Shabbir Rahman and Imrul Kayes
And Mahmudullah in test.
Old November 9, 2017, 06:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Fat chance Kumble would work for BCB compared to however much he was getting paid by from BCCI.

Get Flower, Zim coaches seem to be good.
Old November 9, 2017, 07:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Well, his tenure had to end some time. I thank him for his contribution to our cricket and wish him all the best for the future.
Old November 9, 2017, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Fat chance Kumble would work for BCB compared to however much he was getting paid by from BCCI.

Get Flower, Zim coaches seem to be good.
You might be right. He was getting paid 6.5 Crore RS per annum. Thats around 86K USD a month. Nearly 3 times the pay of Hathurusingha.
Old November 9, 2017, 07:50 AM
Test Cricketer

BCB might offer him a hefty rise again and convince him to stay. Even if he is released BCB should insist he oversees the SL tour. It would be a suicide if he joins SL just before their tour to BD with all his inside knowledge of BD players.

Among the names proposed above, I would prefer Kumble most. He is a strong character and that's why didn't go along with Kohli but we don't have a Kohli. However I think BCB can't afford him. Not sure if they can afford Flower either. Gillespie is eyeing the Aus coaching position after Lehman. So, he will want to be in the system and won't leave Australia.
Old November 9, 2017, 07:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Gillespie was actually vying for the Sri Lankan job. Currently interim coach of Papua New Guinea. So not impossible. His record with Yorkshire is excellent. And like you said he is good enough to compete for the Aussie job and was a candidate for England before they appointed Bayliss.

Its a pity Hathura didnt decide on this earlier. Graham Ford was available, could have an excellent option for BD.
Old November 9, 2017, 08:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Gillespie was actually vying for the Sri Lankan job. Currently interim coach of Papua New Guinea. So not impossible. His record with Yorkshire is excellent. And like you said he is good enough to compete for the Aussie job and was a candidate for England before they appointed Bayliss.

Its a pity Hathura didnt decide on this earlier. Graham Ford was available, could have an excellent option for BD.
Did he actually apply for the SL coach? PNG is close to home. That's the reason he cited for moving to Aus leaving the Yorkshire job - staying close to home.
Old November 9, 2017, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

According to SL media Gillespie has "shown interest" in taking over. So has Dean Jones and Andrew McDonald. And one of these three has had an interview already. Not sure who. But up until Hathrusingha news, Gillespie was frontrunner for the job.
Old November 9, 2017, 08:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Farewell Hatrui! You gave us some great memories to cherish especially the Bangla Wash of Pakistan!

I kind of feel that he had some disputes behind the scenes with out over egoistic senior players. However some of his strategies as of late have been quite baffling. But it was his time to go.

Our team is in a big mess and we are going through a transition where we need new players. We need a coach who needs to work on the basics again.

IMO BD head coach is one of the least sought after for top names out there. I wouldnt want a Pakistani or Indian coach either.

Lets see who we get