facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2017, 05:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Kumble would be perfect for us for a number of reasons.
4) his coaching success with India is a no brainer
Having Kohli as a batter makes many things a no brainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
5) a proper spinner himself, he could turn our 0 degree Turner's into proper spinners
Do you make comments like this after watching and analyzing or do you just spout off? I mean seriously, asking Kumble to teach our spinners how to turn the ball more???? Bhai I couldn't resist!!!

Old November 10, 2017, 07:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Even if Kumble decides to come(which is a big IF), he will not survive long enough for the same reason haturu daa is leaving.
Old November 11, 2017, 11:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Mahela is a tactical coach. Precisely what he did with Mumbai Indians (And why they appointed him). Very good around established players, very good cricketing brain, and not afraid to assert himself when needed.

I feel we need more of coach who can develop a team and its individual players.

Of course tactics are important, but perhaps technical knowledge, man management should take precedence. What good are tactics when the basic skills are not there.
Valid point. Most recently retired players would mainly be just tactical coaches as they won't have the experience of developing players unless they have done some coaching while also playing ie. Ryan Harris and Brad Haddin during their end years which is still not enough to coach a test level team.
Old November 12, 2017, 06:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Everything happens for good: Mushfiqur

Old November 12, 2017, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Having Kohli as a batter makes many things a no brainer
Do you make comments like this after watching and analyzing or do you just spout off? I mean seriously, asking Kumble to teach our spinners how to turn the ball more???? Bhai I couldn't resist!!!
I am kinda confused. What are you trying to get to? All I said is having Kumble in our setup would mean our spinners will finally have someone proper mentoring them and they would become more effective. The zero degree turner was an expression. But you knew that no?
Old November 12, 2017, 07:31 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ What he meant, I believe, is that Kumble himself never really figured out how to turn a ball, ie he was not a proper or orthodox spinner himself. So, expecting him to mentor anybody in this regard is illogical.
Old November 12, 2017, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

^^
Yea I know, he wasnt a big turner despite being a leggie, but Razab da almost makes it sound like its ridiculous to suggest that Kumble can teach our players how to turn. Just because he didnt turn the bowl 90 degrees doesnt mean he cant teach players how to do it. Walsh was a master of consistent bowling.. so far he taught jack **** of that to our players. Kumble is still one of the legendary spin bowlers and he could definitely help our spinners..

but like i mentioned, that was an expression... "turning our zero degree turners into proper spinners"
I meant help them become proper spinners which doesnt include turning the ball but also develop variation, consistency, flight.. which our spinners lack
Old November 12, 2017, 11:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Everything happens for good: Mushfiqur

or not.

If another strong headed disciplinarian comes, things may be even worse for mentally weak player like Mushfiq.

Haturu daa may be part of the problem, but the other part of the problem is Captain Mushfiq himself and his selfish and stupid behavior. Nobody wants a crying baby to be the leader of your team.
Old November 14, 2017, 03:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Besides Soumya - Sabbir, Imrul will also miss the coach. He asked the coach to bring him thigh pad from Sydney, now worried whether he will get it. - Prothom Alo
Old November 15, 2017, 02:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Didn't Nasir asked for a sunglass also? No?
Old November 15, 2017, 02:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I think the underlying battle was either Hathuru or Mushfiqur and finally the later won.
Old November 15, 2017, 02:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I think the underlying battle was either Hathuru or Mushfiqur and finally the later won.
Correct. But it will come around for Mushfiq (if he genuinely masterminded everything). I am sure, he and the seniors had a big part to play.

Believe me, the cycle and what he and others did, will come out.
I am sure, before he retires from cricket, events will take place that will make sure all the reputation he has earned gets cut into shreds, whatever little he has left.

Life is beautiful. You do bad etc it will come and haunt you at some stage.
Old November 15, 2017, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

..... ya nature take care of itself. But in the mean time the fans will continue to suffer.

I am afraid haturu daa was gone for wrong reason. If we find a better coach great. But if the replacement is ChaCha, Siddon, Whatamore or some already tried recycled good, then I am afraid we haven't seen the worst yet.

We set a bad precedence that village politics wins even for short term. That will bite us back in future.
Old November 15, 2017, 03:31 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I am afraid Mushy will no longer be the test captain from SL series.
Old November 15, 2017, 08:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
If this is true I am glad just because it will piss off 90% of the posters on this forum, lol. May Mushy continue to tread on sentiments.

But I suspect it was Mushy, Shakib, Mash, Tamim who clapped back at Hathu.

LOL.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 15, 2017, 08:39 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I am afraid Mushy will no longer be the test captain from SL series.
u r afraid of this?
Old November 15, 2017, 09:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

LOL.
You may be very much spot on. But you know what? When a few naughty boys start creating trouble, the smarter one's knows the escape route... but only the stupid one get caught.

Sakib and Tamim are very smart guys, Mushfiq is not.

Mashfrafee is a different story, he handle issues in a different way and he is in his way out anyway... its a matter of time with or without Haturu as coach... he knows that very will
Old November 15, 2017, 11:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
You may be very much spot on. But you know what? When a few naughty boys start creating trouble, the smarter one's knows the escape route... but only the stupid one get caught.

Sakib and Tamim are very smart guys, Mushfiq is not.

Mashfrafee is a different story, he handle issues in a different way and he is in his way out anyway... its a matter of time with or without Haturu as coach... he knows that very will
Who said they were creating trouble? This coach proved with his idiotic selections and misplaced double standards that the success of 2015 to the present had more to do with statistical probability than to tactical nous or coaching brilliance. If it was just about the coach, he will be able to turn SL into world beaters by 2019. I am not betting on that to occur.

Mushfiq played a rather devious game and so far has got what he wanted. As long as that upsets the majority of the posters here, I fully support it. Mushfiq is a hero and my one point of criticism for him would be don't wait so long next time if the coach crosses a line.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 16, 2017, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

How has Tamim created trouble. Can anyone provide factual/concrete evidence.

or is this just some alex jonesque speculation.
Old November 16, 2017, 01:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

LOL.
That's what I think too. Plus Nasir, Momin and M'ullah were probably supporting them too. When that many players are against you and all of them are seniors you can't run a team.
I know our players can be naughty at times but I don't believe they are nearly as notorious as paks or Windians. Hathuru doesn't seem to be a good men manager and stubborn as hell like most Slankans. It was inhabitable that he would take the SL coaching role if he could be successful in Bangladesh. That's why he took the BD job I believe. He had a point to prove. But I can bet he won't last there as long as he did in BD. Too many hot heads there.
Old November 16, 2017, 01:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
How has Tamim created trouble. Can anyone provide factual/concrete evidence.

or is this just some alex jonesque speculation.
During a practice session before a match in SA, he threw his bat land eft the crease after a heated exchange with Hathuru and didn't play the next game. No one will come out and air dirty laundry in the media but you have to connect the dots.

On relevance, Shakib was brought back from Caribbean and banned for six months after Hathuru's report to BCB.
Mash was forced to retire from T20.
Mushy probably copped the most from Hathuru.
Add to that Nasir and Momin's constant omissions despite having good forms and to an extent Ryad's too (may be a fair one).

It's not 80's anymore when coaches could act like headmasters. In this day and age coaches need to take a back seat ie. Duncan Fletcher, Gary Kirsten and Ravi Shastri. Those who wanted to exert too much power failed ie. Micky Arthur and Greg Chappel.
Old November 16, 2017, 05:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Who said they were creating trouble? This coach proved with his idiotic selections and misplaced double standards that the success of 2015 to the present had more to do with statistical probability than to tactical nous or coaching brilliance. If it was just about the coach, he will be able to turn SL into world beaters by 2019. I am not betting on that to occur.

Mushfiq played a rather devious game and so far has got what he wanted. As long as that upsets the majority of the posters here, I fully support it. Mushfiq is a hero and my one point of criticism for him would be don't wait so long next time if the coach crosses a line.
Anyone not willing to give the coach credit for helping Bangladesh progress and earn respect in international cricket has clearly not been following our cricket from 2000. Statistical probability? Seriously? And to prove your competence you have to take a number 8 or 9 team to world champion?

But at the same time, the downfall also pretty much his own doing, starting from the time he was appointed selector. Allowing divisions to occur in the dressing room, inability to manage ego's, selecting underperforming players, not addressing technical issues, tactical issues.

So at the end it was good for all parties, that he decided to quit. If only BCB could understand that though, they are still thinking they can convince him to stay on-at least for another series.
Old November 16, 2017, 05:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne
During a practice session before a match in SA, he threw his bat land eft the crease after a heated exchange with Hathuru and didn't play the next game. No one will come out and air dirty laundry in the media but you have to connect the dots.

On relevance, Shakib was brought back from Caribbean and banned for six months after Hathuru's report to BCB.
Add to that Nasir and Momin's constant omissions despite having good forms and to an extent Ryad's too (may be a fair one).

It's not 80's anymore when coaches could act like headmasters. In this day and age coaches need to take a back seat ie. Duncan Fletcher, Gary Kirsten and Ravi Shastri. Those who wanted to exert too much power failed ie. Micky Arthur and Greg Chappel.
Well, Micky Arthur did with the CT with a Pakistani team.
Old November 16, 2017, 05:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonne

The approach depends on the type of teams.

You need to understand the psychology of our players. They are not willing to do anything on their own, even in the nets they need to be told what to do. They are not willing to work on their fitness on their own. They dont understand the importance of diet like you and me. And unlike a Dravid or Nasser Hussain they wont meditate the night before about how to face each of their opponents. Tamim Iqbal didnt lose weight by himself. Both Hathurusingha and Mario Villyavaran were both part of the process. The Tamim of 2014 and before often struggled to run two's and would get cramps after reaching 50.

Cricketers in other countries come to the team as mature individuals with the right mentality. In our case its more to do with talent, and often the maturity, hunger, desire to learn, succeed etc is missing. So for that very reason i think we will always need more of a taskmaster coach. Now even Whatmore and Siddons were tough. Taskmaster doesnt necessarily mean a headmaster with a cane.

India doesnt need a tough coach. Competition for a place in the side is so intense they have to perform and work hard. And they come to the national team with plenty of grooming, and preparation. All their players are also at their prime, peak.
Old November 16, 2017, 05:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_You_Go
Well, Micky Arthur did with the CT with a Pakistani team.
I was referring to Micky Arthur's episode with Australia.