facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 30, 2017, 06:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagiso, Bhaskar, Kristan

Don't need a coffin, when I can open a crematorium.

Buy one urn, get the other at half price.

Old November 30, 2017, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Wait another thing you can sell, this is only if you are in Australia. You can export fresh full cream Australian Dairy milk to store in Bangladesh/Cambodia/Vietnam/India/Pakistan.

We all know milk in australia is dirt cheap, 1$ for 1 Litre. If you can sell in bangladesh for 100-150 TK, sell about 100-400 a day, you can easily return that money.
Old November 30, 2017, 06:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Don't need a coffin, when I can open a crematorium.

Buy one urn, get the other at half price.
Some people don't want to get their bodies burned. A traditional burial is still what many want to do.
Old November 30, 2017, 06:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Some people don't want to get their bodies burned. A traditional burial is still what Christians want to do.
Don't bring religion into a business idea thread !
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,...., every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Old November 30, 2017, 09:12 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Don't bring religion into a business idea thread !
He didn't.
Old November 30, 2017, 09:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
He didn't.
I saw 'Christian' and it triggered something.
“Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives,...., every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." Carl Sagan
Old November 30, 2017, 10:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
I saw 'Christian' and it triggered something.
Do you see the irony? ;-)
Old December 1, 2017, 04:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
BP, it all depends on your starting capital. how much do you intend to invest?
instead of asking how much is my starting capital instead you can be the investor Mr BitCoin Millionaire in the not too distant future in Shaa Allah
Old December 1, 2017, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Relevant business ideas depend on various factors. Some of the fundamental points are here:
- like mufi_02 said it depends on budget
- location of the business
- experience of the investor

This might not be the answer one is looking for, but I think this might encourage sound ideas if these basics are defined.
Old December 1, 2017, 09:03 AM
Cricket Legend

The sex doll industry is booming.

(PS:I am serious)
Old December 1, 2017, 09:10 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

This definitely needs a bump now.
Old December 1, 2017, 09:11 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Now DinRaat. be like:

Cocaine industry is booming.
Old December 1, 2017, 09:17 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

DinRaat testing mod's patience:

Old December 1, 2017, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Dinrat you are gonna be terrible in Business. Don't even think about opening one until you pick up a book on it.

You gonna transport perishable items like Milk from Australia to Bangladesh ? Thought of the logistics behind that ? I am gonna say it again that I said in previous thread on this... Ideas are dime a dozen, execution is the key.....the right person will take any idea and make it a success.

Bengali pagol - since you already have youtube presence, for me I would think of things that you guys are good at and try different types of videos and try to draw viewers .. do analytics... then focus on things that get more views.. etc etc... Children videos in youtube are gold.. they get millions of views...(ie alphabet train). you can try teaching let's say arabic alphabet with songs and animation. Perhaps many muslim parents would want their kids to see thouse.... and the key is to have related videos as all your videos....

anyways I cant write anymore.. you gotta reasearch this sector to see if you can make a viable channel with hundreds of thousands of views on each video.... the videos that you guys do - are very thought provoking and good but they simply aren't or you aren't famous enough to draw massive crowds... you gotta think differently. my 2 cents
Old December 1, 2017, 09:38 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Ideas are dime a dozen, execution is the key.....the right person will take any idea and make it a success.
Yeah, I actually agree. The other day we had a lovely khola pitha with gur (guhnr?) and I was pompously musing how one could easily specialize JUST IN IT and open a Starbucks-like store here.

Now I am not petty as to keep the idea to myself. It's not as if someone would 'steal it' and be super rich. Really nothing earth-shattering concept. But yes, I agree, execution is where the fun and beauty lies. The PROCESS.

@OP Try to see ideas in everyday life. For instance, when I spilled ketchup on my shirt, I thought why not go with the flow and create t-shirts with stains? Guess what. They do have that in Google.

Anyhoo, I am not a business guy either. Got ma own s... to worry about.
Old December 1, 2017, 09:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

I like what Peter (Piotor?) Thiel believes in: We should be cooperative and not competitive.

Imagine what we could accomplish if we all worked together as one unit? This petty capitalist mindset of cut-throat, dog-eat-dog world business is what got our beautiful globe f*******ed up.

Guess what took moon landing so long? That's right. Cuz we made it all about "space war"... Frikkin arrogance and jealousy is what brings downfall everytime. (NOT the Hitler's movie.)
Old December 1, 2017, 09:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Old December 1, 2017, 09:59 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Asking EMPOWERING questions is also the first step. Your brain is a servo-mechanism. Ask a question and plant a seed, and it will figure out a way one way or another.
  • As Tony Robbins once explained that Bill Gates asked himself: How can we be the INTELLIGENCE that drives the world? And guess what he created? That's right. A digital nervous system.
  • In the video I posted, the funny lookin Indian dude asked: What if in the future illness was an option?
  • As for myself, instead of asking what exercises I need to do to unlock photographic memory or how many hours a day I should tediously study, I asked myself: What would be like to be OMNISCIENT?

That's what sets you up for a blueprint. And the rest is just execution and filling the blanks.

This is what separates the uber-visionaries and the movers and shakers (NOT those Puritan community!) from the rest of us mortals.

Step 1: Ask intelligent and empowering questions.
Step 2: Commit.
Step 3: Act

Don't just frikkin ask: Oh oh how can I be rich and successful so that I can live happily ever after. That is a stupid way to go about your business. -Jungle saying

This is why you will never be successful. This is why you are always broke and wonder why nothing works out no matter how hard you work. Cuz yur hurt aint in the right place howmay...feel me?

Success is a mindset. It is not some tweak and a hack so that you do this or that and get superrich. If it was so formulaic then anyone would be doing it. As Brian Tracy said: For you to be a millionaire, you need to be a completely different person.

Also, don't denigrate or be cynical to money. Money is a spiritual consciousness. Feel spiritually and financially abundant and you will BE spiritually and financially abundant.

Money is an energy. (I got a great self-help audiobook on money being an energy and will trade for a great p**** link.)

Last edited by Zeeshan; December 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM..
Old December 1, 2017, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Zeeshan - you have excellent command of written English.

Why don’t you use Twitter and start writing/tweeting about Bangladesh Cricket?
More like a journalist (You would do a better job than most BD ones we have)

Plus you write for BC sometimes, why not team up with someone and have your own website?
Write about cricket, do some journalism work?

There’s potential in this. Combine social media with your knowledge of BD Cricket and your high level of English! You would have many followers and rich in couple of years time!

Low investment cost, potentially high reward.
Old December 1, 2017, 10:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

--invest in real estate if possible. not sure how the market is in Aus. I am not talking about flipping. buy and rent out the place. your rent should pay for the mortgage. while you will build equity (and hopefully price appreciation).

--open a tutoring center. get some smart friends and start tutoring HS and entry level college courses. I did solo when I was in college and made $30/hr (and no tax). But couldn't scale the business up.

--the age old wholesale business. a coworker of mine is buying bulk items for cheap from alibaba. he spoke to the manufacturer who will ship it directly to amazon warehouse. Through Amazon fulfillment, they will ship the product. You won't even see the product (or have to hold inventory in your house). But Amazon takes a cut off it.

--save up as much as you can now while living at parent's house. you can save so much money and there is no shame in it. my friends who were doing it was saving $1500 a month for rent and food. just help around the house and gift your parents something from time and time and they will be happy. I couldn't do that as I lived on my own since I was 17 and wasted a lot of money.

--finally donate and help out the poor. the money that is given to sadakah is not lost. in fact that is money you saved. once you give, Allah will provide for you from places unimaginable.
Old December 1, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Ability to recognize when an idea is poor right away is also a skill many investors (these VC guys) have. Some ideas in this thread are also piss poor. No thoughts behind it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will give you an idea and the possible execution behind it. Online has so much opportunities - that practically anyone with hard work and persistent and lot of time can come out ahead.

A niche:

Muslim swimware "burqini" made waves of news few years back. But if you step back and think you will realize there is actually a niche demand for this product. There are many muslim sisters who travel a lot worldwide and they also want to enjoy beaches and water. Sports is another area where lot of muslim girls need proper attire. So you got your target audience...

then start with the product... high quality... and very affordable...

Then advertise - this is the key... it's so easy to do targetted advertising online these days..all the tools are available to you. Advertising in Banglacricket for that prodcut gonna get you zero sales...
you gotta go to FACEBOOK/Instagram targeted ads.. (muslim women hijab wearing travellers, athlete) ...
you have to go to youtube and find those modern muslim preachers that garners millions of views to endorse your product.
Find Instagram celebrities that can endorse your product..

A lot of research and man skills necessary. These are hard work and not all are capable of achieving that. And when you research, just like i did for about 2 mins before posting this... 40% of burkini cust0mers are by NON muslims women.. Booyah!! target that.

There was an article I read about a guy trying to sell a womens dress or shoe i forgot - he failed for first few months.. then he spend some dough advertising on instagram - targetted.. he sold 110 K usd in ONE DAY. Just a simple regular product.

------------

basically from above if you just think about the logistics, you will realize it's a lot of work and research. You also have to research how many players are there and how can your approach be better... most ppl can't do it. but the ones with drive will.

------------------------

choose any product and apply the same concept.. the nicheir the product, the less saturated the market... the better it is.

Last edited by iDumb; December 1, 2017 at 03:23 PM..
Old December 1, 2017, 10:35 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Thank you SportingBD. Very kind of you.

iDumb and mufi... I need your validation for my posts and ideas, please.
Old December 1, 2017, 10:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Thank you SportingBD. Very kind of you.

iDumb and mufi... I need your validation for my posts and ideas, please.
validated.

not lets make that pitha store a reality!
Old December 1, 2017, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

The real estate business is highly volatile, but there is room for potential gain. My father is a property investor and has made a fair amount of money in the business, he also works as a finance director in a big hotel in Parramatta.

He told me the key to success in this field is to look at the future of your property. Take for jnstance, his property in Ingleburn(near campbelltown) is being handed over to a property developer, who will construct a block of flats, location is also key, prices of houses inflate at a greater rate, if they are located near stations and schools. His best investment is near the new airport that will be constructed(Badgerys Creek), he bought a 700 square metre block of land in 2012. The land is located just 4km from the airport and is currently valued ovee 1.5 million AUD. If you want to enter the Real estate business, start from the outskirts of town and work your way up, places like Minto, Leppington and Campbelltown are great places to start. Our biggest gain was our apartment in Guildford, bought for 200000 in 2007 and sold for 410000 in 2016. Always keep a house in NSW, property prices will start to soar, once RBA messes with the interest rates.
Old December 1, 2017, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

by the way you gonna have to shell out some money for this facebook/instagram approach and I think it's worth every penny. Big companies are shelling out billions of dollars and they are not stupid if they aren't getting their money back..

heck.. Russia elected our president through some 5000 dollars worth of ads. Reached some crazy 30 or 40 million people... it's AMAZING.

those weakly flyers form your local groceries reach waht? a 1000 ppl...? but if you sell online.. you have potentially MILLION ppl looking at your product - how can you fail if it's a quality affordable and the right product ??