facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 6, 2017, 05:01 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

and DD, KT or COV absolutely doesn't matter to RR. because they are playing the 3rd/4th place elimination first. to win this competition they would need to play and win against all of these teams

Old December 6, 2017, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
why would rangpur prefer khulna in knockout than dhaka? I fail to see the commonsense here. in the last match Rangpur played against dhaka they beat dhaka. I would rather face dhaka than khulna. Khulna in this tournament has been a very solid unit under a good captain where in case of dhaka it has been on and off. on their day dhaka was brilliant and on an off day they were very ordinary. I would rather take my chance with this team than a consistent unit like khulna.

you smell way too much conspiracy
Things to consider under investigation. Are you being fair to the competitors? The top four?

Khulna are second - by playing a weak side are you being fair to them?
(You are literally helping a side by playing a weak side to overtake Khulna)

Comilla - Would they prefer facing Dhaka or Khulna?
The answer would be they would love facing Khulna and going straight to final.
(Again by Rangpur playing a weak side it’s unfair on Comilla)

This are basic things that would have been investigated.

Competitiveness.

About the common sense thing? Rangpur would prefer facing Dhaka oh man.
Old December 6, 2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Things to consider under investigation. Are you being fair to the competitors? The top four?

Khulna are second - by playing a weak side are you being fair to them?
(You are literally helping a side by playing a weak side to overtake Khulna)

Comilla - Would they prefer facing Dhaka or Khulna?
The answer would be they would love facing Khulna and going straight to final.
(Again by Rangpur playing a weak side it’s unfair on Comilla)

This are basic things that would have been investigated.

Competitiveness.

About the common sense thing? Rangpur would prefer facing Dhaka oh man.

I gave my reasoning as why I would want to face dhaka instead of KT, give your reasoning rather giving pointless smilies

I cant understand you logic about tournament investigation. like what? what?

look at the situation. and the points

1. Dhaka is playing Rangpur
2.RR has qualified for the 2nd round.
3. RR has noting to gain from this match
4. why would they risk injuring their players for a pointless match?
5. They already played 11 games in this tournament with full strength. teams rest their core players if they are already through to the second round. a baby will understand this
5. if the situation was in a case where RR has chance to qualify for the top 2 and still they rested their players then your point would have had merit
6. Rangpur doesnt need to care about KT or COV. they need to only care about RR. this is a competition not a charity

Quote:
and DD, KT or COV absolutely doesn't matter to RR. because they are playing the 3rd/4th place elimination first. to win this competition they would need to play and win against all of these teams
Old December 6, 2017, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Rangpur and Dhaka being arch rivals in terms of the the corporates backing them won't do each other any favor... It's astonishing how Mash had been playing non stop.. this was a dead rubber for them and he stayed away. Also mash wouldn't have avoided this loss. DD may have scored 10 less runs. This was a batting disaster. And Its not like Gayle has been lighting up the tournament.

Their eliminator xi should be

Gayle
Charles
Mc
Mithun
Zia
Mash
Bopara
Nahidul
Badree
Rubel
Ibadat
Old December 6, 2017, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
++

I gave my reasoning as why I would want to face dhaka instead of KT, give your reasoning rather giving pointless smilies

I cant understand you logic about tournament investigation. like what? what?

look at the situation. and the points

1. Dhaka is playing Rangpur
2.RR has qualified for the 2nd round.
3. RR has noting to gain from this match
4. why would they risk injuring their players for a pointless match?
5. They already played 11 games in this tournament with full strength. teams rest their core players if they are already through to the second round. a baby will understand this
5. if the situation was in a case where RR has chance to qualify for the top 2 and still they rested their players then your point would have had merit
6. Rangpur doesnt need to care about KT or COV. they need to only care about RR. this is a competition not a charity
If both the teams didn’t have anything to lose no one would have questioned. Here you have a side that could go second and have a shot at the final if they win next match. It’s about being fair to others in the group. Comilla/Khulna.

What would have been investigated is competitiveness and fairness to all competitors.

My point is such kind of approach would have been heavily criticised in football.
Already made my point that it would have been likely investigated.

Your point about Charity:

Well by playing a weak side, isn’t that a form of charity to Dhaka?
Old December 6, 2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
If both the teams didn’t have anything to lose no one would have questioned. Here you have a side that could go second and have a shot at the final if they win next match. It’s about being fair to others in the group. Comilla/Khulna.

What would have been investigated is competitiveness and fairness to all competitors.

My point is such kind of approach would have been heavily criticised in football.
Already made my point that it would have been likely investigated.
oh god. you and I are playing in a tournament. last match is between us. if you win you go to the 2nd round. I am already in the 2nd round. I have had couple of match without any rest. I want to conserve my energy. If I don't give my 100% to conserve energy and you beat me this is no crime. no investigation is needed here. I am allowed to do whatever that will help me to win the tournament.

now if this was a case like this where you and I both jointly play bad and have a bad result which will effect the qualification of a third person this is where you can investigate.

I repeat again RR looked at what is good for them. They are playing the eliminator. it doesn't matter if they face KT,DD or COV in that eliminator because if RR wants to win the BPL they will need to beat all of these three teams

how? it'll be KT vs RR in the eliminator. RR wins and they will have face the loser of DD vs COV. win again and they will face the winner.

So it absolutely doesn't matter to RR who they face going forward. in this situation the best thing for them was to rest their key players so they remain fresh.

is this bad for the tournament? sure it is but you cant investigate this. there was no foul play here.

suppose you have a strong team and you have won first 8 matches in a row with your core team. because it'll degrade the value of the tournament and help other teams you now cant rest your key players? what logic is that?
Old December 6, 2017, 05:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
oh god. you and I are playing in a tournament. last match is between us. if you win you go to the 2nd round. I am already in the 2nd round. I have had couple of match without any rest. I want to conserve my energy. If I don't give my 100% to conserve energy and you beat me this is no crime. no investigation is needed here. I am allowed to do whatever that will help me to win the tournament.

now if this was a case like this where you and I both jointly play bad and have a bad result which will effect the qualification of a third person this is where you can investigate.

I repeat again RR looked at what is good for them. They are playing the eliminator. it doesn't matter if they face KT,DD or COV in that eliminator because if RR wants to win the BPL they will need to beat all of these three teams

how? it'll be KT vs RR in the eliminator. RR wins and they will have face the loser of DD vs COV. win again and they will face the winner.

So it absolutely doesn't matter to RR who they face going forward. in this situation the best thing for them was to rest their key players so they remain fresh.

is this bad for the tournament? sure it is but you cant investigate this. there was no foul play here.

suppose you have a strong team and you have won first 8 matches in a row with your core team. because it'll degrade the value of the tournament and help other teams you now cant rest your key players? what logic is that?
I will agree to disagree on this.

I have made my point. Let others judge.
Old December 6, 2017, 09:23 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

typical Dhaka. cheating their way to playoffs. rangpur helping them out.

bpl is rigged yo!
Old December 6, 2017, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
... It’s about being fair to others in the group. Comilla/Khulna.
Hello, (from the other sideeeee)

Your whole argument is based on the above notion. It is NOT about being fair to others in the group. This concept is wrong.

They care less. They have to beat all three teams to get to the title. NO MATTER WHAT. It doesn't matter who they draw first or what order they face them.

Resting their players make sense. These teams are banded together at the last minutes. They don't have the bench playing much games anyways. Giving chance to the bench makes even more sense in a dead rubber.

If you follow basketball (NBA) see Spurs and how Pop (coach) benches his core players right before the playoffs. NBA has a rule to punish (monetarily) teams who don't let their stars play a game. The regular season is 82 games. Spurs pay it to protect their players from burn out and remain relatively fresh in the playoffs.
Old December 6, 2017, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Shakib's batting is beyond garbage. And I am being nice.
47 (33) Notout. Please continue.
Old December 6, 2017, 10:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
typical Dhaka. cheating their way to playoffs. rangpur helping them out.

bpl is rigged yo!
1 out of last 7 games. Great finish Sylhet.
Old December 6, 2017, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Your whole argument is based on the above notion. It is NOT about being fair to others in the group. This concept is wrong.

They care less. They have to beat all three teams to get to the title. NO MATTER WHAT. It doesn't matter who they draw first or what order they face them.

Resting their players make sense. These teams are banded together at the last minutes. They don't have the bench playing much games anyways. Giving chance to the bench makes even more sense in a dead rubber.

If you follow basketball (NBA) see Spurs and how Pop (coach) benches his core players right before the playoffs. NBA has a rule to punish (monetarily) teams who don't let their stars play a game. The regular season is 82 games. Spurs pay it to protect their players from burn out and remain relatively fresh in the playoffs.
Just an example of how this approach would have been criticised in football.

Huddersfield Town are expected to be fined for fielding a weakened team in their Championship game against Brimingham City on Saturday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nst-birmingham

With a place in the play-offs secure, Huddersfield manager David Wagner made ten changes for the 2-0 defeat at St Andrew's.

The EFL are concerned that Wagner's team selection affected the integrity of the league because Birmingham City are fighting to stay in the Championship alongside Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers.

This is just one example, there are many where teams have been fined/received criticism for playing weakened teams.
Old December 6, 2017, 10:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif

I think this has been the most detailed 'math' thread in BC history....

Look at the length of the posts....

Doesn't feel like a match thread...

I should continue writing in this post to stay consistent with the length...and girth.

So, I wonder why didn't they bring back Tharanga into their team XI...Sylhet, what's up with that?
Old December 6, 2017, 10:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Blackpool fined for fielding weakened team

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ind...366.html%3famp

Blackpool have been fined £25,000 by the Premier League for fielding an understrength side against Aston Villa last November.

Manager Ian Holloway sparked controversy when he made 10 changes for the Villa Park clash on November 10 in order to rest players during a busy week.
Old December 6, 2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Resting their players make sense.
These teams are banded together at the last minutes. They don't have the bench playing much games anyways. Giving chance to the bench makes even more sense in a dead rubber.

Thank you for saying the basic common sense..I have been saying the bold line for 3 posts.
Old December 6, 2017, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

People pay money for the tickets to watch a competitive match.
By resting players you are diluting the competitiveness of the match.

Indirectly you are helping the opposition (as you have already accepted to lose the match).

There should be rules brought in by BCB like the English Premier League Football to fine teams.
Old December 6, 2017, 11:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Just an example of how this approach would have been criticised in football.

Huddersfield Town are expected to be fined for fielding a weakened team in their Championship game against Brimingham City on Saturday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nst-birmingham

With a place in the play-offs secure, Huddersfield manager David Wagner made ten changes for the 2-0 defeat at St Andrew's.

The EFL are concerned that Wagner's team selection affected the integrity of the league because Birmingham City are fighting to stay in the Championship alongside Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers.

This is just one example, there are many where teams have been fined/received criticism for playing weakened teams.

vs

The key here for the fine is Brimingham City is not through to the playoffs. They are fighting with Nottingham Forest and Blackburn Rovers. This is a clear indication of doing a favor to the Brimingham City. While Dhaka is through to the play offs and not fighting against anyone to be in the playoffs.

To me there is no conspiracy. Is Khulna pissed for losing the second spot? Who knows? May be shafiul's 20 run last over has more to do than worrying about a conspiracy theory. Or Carlos running his partner out. They should have controlled their own destiny. had lost of opportunities.
Old December 6, 2017, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

That was just one example, multiple online. You can check the Blackpool one.

This kind of approaches are heavily criticised in football.

Dhaka were fighting to finish in the top two.
That would allow them to have a shot at going to finals directly.

By Rangpur diluting the competitivensss of the match, they openly gave the match away.
Old December 6, 2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
People pay money for the tickets to watch a competitive match.
By resting players you are diluting the competitiveness of the match.

Indirectly you are helping the opposition (as you have already accepted to lose the match).
Old December 6, 2017, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

You can always expect Papon and Dhaka to make good deals.
Old December 6, 2017, 03:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
1 out of last 7 games. Great finish Sylhet.
Coz other teams and Papon worked against us. This is visible. Just look it up. Anyone with eyes can see. I don’t have any facts but yeah I don’t need to. Coz I just know. So does everyone.

Bpl is rigged yo.

Dakkkhaiyas are cheaters!
Old December 6, 2017, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
47 (33) Notout. Please continue.
He was 12 off 18 at one stage.
Old December 6, 2017, 06:38 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ and you had a premature elation
Old December 6, 2017, 06:40 PM
Cricket Sage

^^I thought you meant 'premature evacuation'.
Old December 6, 2017, 07:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
He was 12 off 18 at one stage.
This wicket was not a easy one to bat on. Batsmen had to block and play defensively because as Baz said, the wicket was a garbage of a wicket. Batsmen like Evin Lewis, Joe Denly (made a brilliant 50 in his last match), Jahurul all struggled at the start. Shakib came in the 10th over when half his side was back in the hut and not even reach 50. In that situation as a batsman, you have to do rebuilding: which Shakib did. He was not going to let Abdur Razzak, Badree, Ebadat, and Rubel carry on with their momentum. Shakib played the captain's knock with good support from Mehedi Maruf.

This is how cricket is played. As a purist, this is what I like about the game, fightback in difficult conditions...whether I hate the player or not...gotta give credit to where it's due.