facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 3, 2018, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Is Usman khawajah overated and spoilt.

Scored 2 50's in 8 innings vs England.
Constantly fails in Asia.
Made a racism claim in the media,of Oz cricket.
Has he bitten the hand that fed him.
And is he a mediocre batsmen?

Old January 4, 2018, 01:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

I got Ebola last time I saw him play, he seemed super mediocre in Asia. But are you seriously blaming him for speaking out against racism? Did he accuse CA of racism? If not what hand biting are you talking about?
Old January 4, 2018, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

He said in article their was racism in cricket,at one time.But the media hyped it up as now.
Their are now 7/8 Asian players in domestic cricket,especially the Big Bash.Their is 4/5 aboriginal players playing.
The system has never been healthier.
I back CA maybe not states when picking squads in the past.
Dav Whatmore played for oz in 78/79 and 79/80.

Spoilt brat whinges he won't be picked in Asia.Never succeeded in Asia no matter what chances he had.
He is the 1 who said he never been better.
Remembering he got picked on domestic one dayers and an one day A series in India.So did Joe Burns and Australia dropped him for good,after a poor Sri Lanka series.You can look at both players,and say Burns who is in form now has been a tad unlucky.
Handscomb and Renshaw had good sub con tours,dropped for and during Ashes.
The system of loyalties is out of whack.Maxwell scored a ton in India,he payed the price for mediocre performance in Bnagladesh and one dayers.
Old January 4, 2018, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

I am just pointing out hypocrisy.
Old January 4, 2018, 03:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Matt Renshaw looked good to me. He has been replaced by Bancroft. I don't know whom CA will continue with after the ashes. On the other hand, Handscomb is a good player too. He is also an excellent fielder especially at short leg, leg slip position. If they move Smith back at no.3 in place of Khawaja then they can make room for him in the team.
Old January 4, 2018, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Look I would take Khawajah 2 S Africa,despite his form.
Just more stickibility with the other selections.
As said burns and Khawajah got picked from their form on a one day A tour,Burns was unlucky and did not have the same luck as Khawjah.
Funnily enough Burns is knocking the door down again.

Their have been domestic cases on race Players not picked. 1 AborigInial batsmen John Mcguire not picked for Wa,when he was knocking the door down,1 of the WA openers Mark Lavender was Indian born.
As far as ethnic and that of being a jew Michael Klinger,but I don't think this was race.Too many good batsmen.
The ethnic players who played for oz got their jobs on form,altho Fawad rushed in,Sandhu best thing he could do is concentrate on his offies,and be a twin bowler.
Old January 4, 2018, 04:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Khawajah is just crap, overrated player.
Old January 4, 2018, 04:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeh but he is hero worshipped in Asia,and on here.
Old January 4, 2018, 05:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Yeh but he is hero worshipped in Asia,and on here.
How can be hero worshipped in Asia when he absolutely sucks in Asia?

I've never seen anyone say nice things about Khawaja here, except for the 1-2 Aussie members who are just happy to see a desi in the team.
Old January 4, 2018, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

I have seen it on different forums including this 1.
When they made excuses for him in the Bangladeshi series.
Yes its fine to see a desi in the team.
I just think he had 2 series when he was a flat track batter and ppl went beserk.
I have seen him against Swann,Ashwin and jadeja,Shakub and the Bangladeshi spinners,he has not been very good.
He is lucky 2 be in the team like Bancoft.
To be honest Bancroft and Khawajah should have been dropped for this test,2 give others a go before S Africa.

BTW Darcy Short on fire,leading big bash scorer,an aboriginal,may be the first aboriginal 2 play for oz since,Gillespie,Christian and Scott Boland.
Old January 4, 2018, 06:32 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: ABD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
How can be hero worshipped in Asia when he absolutely sucks in Asia?

I've never seen anyone say nice things about Khawaja here, except for the 1-2 Aussie members who are just happy to see a desi in the team.
I disagree. He is very popular among Pakistani cricket fans (ones who follows cricket passionately and know his background). Among Aussies i saw Brockly once praising the multi ethnicity in the team.

He has been praised a lot for being a south asian (+Mu..) in here by few posters. Mainly by Bangladeshi descent Aussies and few Bangladeshis.. http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh....php?p=2014698

Go TIGERS GO...
Old January 4, 2018, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Khawjah is an Australian Anamul.
Old January 4, 2018, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley;2038507[B
]He said in article their was racism in cricket[/B],at one time.But the media hyped it up as now.
Their are now 7/8 Asian players in domestic cricket,especially the Big Bash.Their is 4/5 aboriginal players playing.
The system has never been healthier.
I back CA maybe not states when picking squads in the past.
Dav Whatmore played for oz in 78/79 and 79/80.

Spoilt brat whinges he won't be picked in Asia.Never succeeded in Asia no matter what chances he had.
He is the 1 who said he never been better.
Remembering he got picked on domestic one dayers and an one day A series in India.So did Joe Burns and Australia dropped him for good,after a poor Sri Lanka series.You can look at both players,and say Burns who is in form now has been a tad unlucky.
Handscomb and Renshaw had good sub con tours,dropped for and during Ashes.
The system of loyalties is out of whack.Maxwell scored a ton in India,he payed the price for mediocre performance in Bnagladesh and one dayers.

Perfect example of "Shukey thakle bhute ghilay"

I'll try my best to translate this so here goes.

" When one is happy, they try their best to be sad"
Old January 4, 2018, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
I disagree. He is very popular among Pakistani cricket fans (ones who follows cricket passionately and know his background). Among Aussies i saw Brockly once praising the multi ethnicity in the team.

He has been praised a lot for being a south asian (+Mu..) in here by few posters. Mainly by Bangladeshi descent Aussies and few Bangladeshis.. http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh....php?p=2014698
What exactly are you disagreeing about? That's pretty much what I said lol
Old January 4, 2018, 09:52 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

He has two more innings left. Wait and see if he makes it to SA. 42 Average is very good if you are playing for BD @ #3. For Australia, at #3, they need someone who would be 50+. He had a great outing last time he played against SA. 4, 97, 4, 64, 145, 0.

So this test is very important for him to retain his place. He needs to score runs.

Overrated: Sandwiched between Warner and Smith. Anyone and everyone would be inferior and overrated.
Old January 4, 2018, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

There is a form of racism within the Australian cricketing system. It is not straight up racism. It is the fact that there is a form of politics that run within the system. And the people who run the organisations are basically white men. You go through age cricket in sydney, absolutely packed with subcontinental players, but due to the administration, men behind the scenes, coaches all being white guys, there is a tendency to select white players over subcontinental players when it comes to playing higher grade cricket.

This is merely a product of Australia being a majority white country. But now slowly the system is roping in subcontinental players within the young generation such as parram uppal, jason sangha, arjun nair etc. Once these guys retire and become part of the coaching/admin system then you will actually start to see majority of grade teams being full of subcontinental players.

In regards to khawaja's form, a bit harsh cos he is always in and out of the team. He always seems like he is playing for a spot in the team even though he has very good performances in Australia to back his selection. Yes he does have a clear weakness with spin but he still hasnt been given proper chances to show he can play spin properly.
Old January 4, 2018, 12:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Khawaja does have very solid technique to succeed in international cricket. However he was given a run in the shorter formats and didn't do as well as expected. He is still playing tests since he has quite a few centuries against strong opposition despite his weakness against spin. He is like the Australian version of Mominul Haque. just barely doing enough to keep his spot in the test team nowadays Except in Bangladesh cricket team there aren't too many Test class batsmen while Australia has a lot of people in the wings.
Old January 4, 2018, 02:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Overrated I got. But why does spoilt have to do with him?

Shaun Marsh and his brother are the spoilt ones
Old January 4, 2018, 04:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Pakistani asylum seeker who obtained Aussie citizenship and Paki fans like him? Doesn't make sense to me?!
Old January 4, 2018, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

I think spoilt because he still thinks he oughta be picked.As he said I am hitting the ball well.He also hinted at bias why he not picked in Asia.Then he made the racism claim,which largely has been foundless.7/8 sub con players,their imports include Pakistani and Afghan players
On grade level not sure,have heard grumblings.State level and 2nd state level all players given opportunity and Big Bash.Except age quotas in 2nd xl cricket.
On Fawad was rushed in Big Bash may see a call up for him and Darcy Short who is aboriginal.Sandhu was a little lucky to be picked NSW bias.Lacks the extra speed to make a difference,should concentrate on his offies to make him a more rounder product.
Old January 5, 2018, 10:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

How come three wonderful Australians I know in BC (cricket related), all have names associated with...food.

Usman Khawaja - Old Dhaka sweet see below:

Brockley: Look Below...

Gowza...Look below:

Or
Old January 5, 2018, 11:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

haha, ma man Khawaja answering with the bat . that's the way to do it. still a few runs away from his ton.
Old January 5, 2018, 06:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Lol , "spoilt" sounds like some narighogito kelenkari/scandal à la Alamin,Sabbir.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 5, 2018, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

He is safe for now.Questions still remain.
I mean for heaven's sake doesn't score to the 5th test.What about the 4th we didn't win,got out cheaply both innings.
He has earned a reprise but questions remain.India come ny Jadeja and Ashwin.But he has 2 get past the S Africans.
Old January 5, 2018, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

he has hit 2 fifties in this series. So lets not forget that. Think he is being treated very harshly. If we analyse both Uzzie and Shaun Marsh in the same way then Shaun Marsh should be dropped based on this series as well.