facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 13, 2017, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Tamim Iqbal Vs. BCB

In less than 12 hours, Tamim Iqbal, the most prolific batsman in Bangladesh’s history, is going to be grilled by the BCB for criticizing the Mirpur pitch and outfield during a BPL game earlier this month. Imagine yourself as one of the most respected practitioner in your field, and yet you are being humiliated by your employers for stating the truth.

Rather than dragging Tamim through the mud, the BCB could utilize the time by finding out from the Mirpur curator Gamini Silva about why the Mirpur pitches played so poorly. They may ask their grounds committee why they had to incur the ICC’s fine for the poor outfield during the Australia Test in August.

Instead tomorrow, they are going to make Tamim miss a payday in the UAE where he was supposed to play in the T10 league. Tamim has usually been passionate about Bangladesh’s lack of Tests. When he gets the chance to play a Test, he makes it a point that his wicket is a precious one for the bowlers. If memory serves me correctly, Tamim’s century on a horrendous Mirpur wicket in October last year set the foundation for Bangladesh’s maiden Test win over England.

In March this year, he navigated a tricky fourth innings chase with a masterful 80-odd. And not to forget, his superb half centuries against Australia, on another minefield prepared by Mr Silva. For someone who knows what a pitch is (unlike myself and many others), Tamim’s critique of a pitch should be useful knowledge of the 22 yards. Unfortunately, his criticism wasn’t something the BCB bosses took as a lesson. - Isam

They will drag Tamim, one of Bangladesh’s best cricketers and a true ambassador of the sport in the country, through a humiliating exercise, only because of he spoke the truth.

Isam Tweeted all this. Tamim Iqbal retweeted them on his twitter account.

I am fully supporting Tamim here! Good to see he has guts to stand up against BCB!
I believe he was favourite to captain BD Test team until he made that comment about poor wicket.

Old December 13, 2017, 07:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Yea at least he isn't a BCB chamca like you know who.
what a ridiculous comment dude. you know who did serve a 6 month ban served by BCB.
I assume you are jealous of Shakib, maybe that's where the blind/absurd hatred comes from
Old December 13, 2017, 07:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
what a ridiculous comment dude. you know who did serve a 6 month ban served by BCB.
I assume you are jealous of Shakib, maybe that's where the blind/absurd hatred comes from
Yes, I know, for disciplinary issues to be exact. But that was long time ago, perhaps I had been too harsh by calling him a chamcha.

But unlike Tamim, he is subservient to BCB and does not go criticising its pitches and decisions. Isn't it dodgy, that the player who decides to take a break from test cricket, miraculously becomes a test captain, along with mahmudullah whose position is hanging by a thread. Tamim has been the most consistent test batsmen for BD for a long time, if anyone should get captaincy it should be him.

I have withdrawn my previous comment, since I didn't want to derail this thread with another argument.
Old December 13, 2017, 07:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Tamim has been the most consistent test batsmen for BD for a long time, if anyone should get captaincy it should be him.
The stats disagree...:

As it is clear in this chart, Shakib has always been the better batsman over the years; consistency. Only in the recent past has Tamim overtaken him
Old December 13, 2017, 08:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

^^ and this is only with the bat.. shakib adds more price with the ball...
Old December 13, 2017, 08:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Shakib is always one of if not the most consistent, but his lack of big scores hurts his reputation and tbh fair enough because the best of the best do make the big scores and they are the best players because their contributions mean the most.

Not saying shakib doesn’t have hisndair share of contribution but a few more larger innings would really help his reputation and legacy.
Old December 13, 2017, 08:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Hah Shakib, doesn't give a damn about the BCB. He's been in way too much trouble with them so he's dialed it down recently.
Old December 13, 2017, 08:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Hah Shakib, doesn't give a damn about the BCB. He's been in way too much trouble with them so he's dialed it down recently.
Which is why it’s weird he’s suddenly been made test captain after a 6 month break from that format and all the controversy with the coach.
Old December 13, 2017, 11:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Which is why it’s weird he’s suddenly been made test captain after a 6 month break from that format and all the controversy with the coach.
Shakib was made captain because there is literally no one else. It's either him or Mash coming out of test retirement.

This notion that Tamim would make a good captain is laughable.
Old December 13, 2017, 11:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
The stats disagree...:

As it is clear in this chart, Shakib has always been the better batsman over the years; consistency. Only in the recent past has Tamim overtaken him
Good job bringing some objectivity to this. The hate for Shakib is so strong, that some people go out of there way to over hype Tamim.
Old December 14, 2017, 12:34 AM
First Class Cricketer

Ridiculously unfair on Tamim Iqbal. Hope he has some AMRAAMs packed in when this meeting does take place to toss over at the senile oldies out there.
Old December 14, 2017, 12:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Shakib was made captain because there is literally no one else. It's either him or Mash coming out of test retirement.

This notion that Tamim would make a good captain is laughable.
Nah shakib has just as many of not more issues than tamim. With shakib’s behaviour he is not the best role model and he doesn’t have the best attitude even if he is the best player, shakib as captain has some draw backs to.

I appreciate that there aren’t many options though, I’m just happy it’s not mushy anymore.
Old December 14, 2017, 02:37 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Mushfiq - passive aggressive whining = Shakib
Old December 14, 2017, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Expecting Shakib to survive less than two year, I think we will break some new records in this short amount of time, not the good type either.
Old December 14, 2017, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Mushfiq - passive aggressive whining = Shakib
Even though am a huge Shakib fan, this pretty much sums it up. Can't see him perform any better than mushy in the captaincy department. Hope he makes me eat my own words.
Old December 14, 2017, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Ridiculously unfair on Tamim Iqbal. Hope he has some AMRAAMs packed in when this meeting does take place to toss over at the senile oldies out there.
It was expected. Current bcb president acts like a tyrant dictator and don't tolerate anything that remotely goes against him and his board.

He's simultaniuously the president, selector and manager of our team who expects our players to be subservient towards him. If u wanna remain in the team and wanna be the captain or vice captain what u need to do is grovel at the feet of our current board president and agree with his every single decision.

But as a player if u dare to criticise anything related to Bangladesh Cricket u will be penalised heavily. It doesn't matter whether that criticism was justified or not.
Old December 14, 2017, 09:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

What's the current score, guys? So far, who is ahead in the ring?
1st round, 2nd round, anybody knocked out yet?

My gut tells me, at this moment...
TIK - 1
BCB (Pappu) - 3

TIK

Pappu

Yet *8 more rounds to go
Old December 14, 2017, 09:44 AM
Banned

Our cricket is becoming a complete joke. First it was mushfiqur fiasco where he got punished unfairly and now this. Can't believe it's really happening in our cricket. Yes, we have always been a low ranked team but at least we had a professional board.

The way we r going now, we'll soon overtake Pcb as the most unprofessional board in world cricket.
Old December 14, 2017, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Our cricket is becoming a complete joke. First it was mushfiqur fiasco where he got punished unfairly and now this. Can't believe it's really happening in our cricket. Yes, we have always been a low ranked team but at least we had a professional board.

The way we r going now, we'll soon overtake Pcb as the most unprofessional board in world cricket.
Relax, as long as CoA is in charge, the board will function decently well.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 14, 2017, 05:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

But the way Tamimji said it I think he deserved a warning.
Old December 16, 2017, 07:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I also felt Tamim went a bit too far with this pitch issue. Mash and baz had also made comments about the pitch but they restricted their comments to just a poor pitch and not suitable for t20s whereas Tamim was directly critisizing the curator.
Old December 17, 2017, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

So what was the outcome of this meeting?

Last I have heard of tamim is that the is playing T10 cricket
Old December 17, 2017, 10:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehedi
I also felt Tamim went a bit too far with this pitch issue. Mash and baz had also made comments about the pitch but they restricted their comments to just a poor pitch and not suitable for t20s whereas Tamim was directly critisizing the curator.
He knows the rules. not to criticize officials, board members etc, publicly. Acting like a drunk without drinking. WORSE than the Englishmen down under.
Old December 17, 2017, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
He knows the rules. not to criticize officials, board members etc, publicly. Acting like a drunk without drinking. WORSE than the Englishmen down under.
Wow, so board members can say whatever they want about players in front of the media as if it's their holy duty but players can't criticise a simple curator for preparing a rubbish pitch?
Old December 17, 2017, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Wow, so board members can say whatever they want about players in front of the media as if it's their holy duty but players can't criticise a simple curator for preparing a rubbish pitch?
Criticism can be made more professionally. Tamim's criticism isn't professional. His use of arguments and choice of words went too far

Posted via BC Mobile Edition