facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 2, 2018, 10:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
some fans cross their limit too

still players should behave and learn how to accept criticism

i think 1 crore fine is too harsh for his family, not sure how rich is his family and banning 6 month from all cricket is destroying his career

also would like to know how severe was his beating.

threatening umpire is not acceptable at all
You bring up an excellent point. We are hearing only one side of the story. Tumi maa baap k niya okothyo vashay gali galaj korba... r tumare amra mathay tuila nia nachbo... jottoshob...

Old January 2, 2018, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
some fans cross their limit too

still players should behave and learn how to accept criticism

i think 1 crore fine is too harsh for his family, not sure how rich is his family and banning 6 month from all cricket is destroying his career

also would like to know how severe was his beating.

threatening umpire is not acceptable at all
Beating children is even more unacceptable, he got of way too easily. If this happened in Australia, there would be a police investigation, and he would get a criminal record.

So funny, how some of you guys are justifying such an heinous act.
Old January 3, 2018, 12:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Beating children is even more unacceptable, he got of way too easily. If this happened in Australia, there would be a police investigation, and he would get a criminal record.

So funny, how some of you guys are justifying such an heinous act.
Not to defend child beating, but you DO realize that there is something called due process and hearing both sides of the story?
Old January 3, 2018, 02:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Hathuru is not there anymore. Who will protect his favorite disciple now?
Old January 3, 2018, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Not to defend child beating, but you DO realize that there is something called due process and hearing both sides of the story?
Once you beat a child, there is nothing really you can say to defend yourself (unless, off course, you're the parent of the child). The match referee did call him for a hearing, but, instead of admitting his fault or offering any justification, he threatened the officials.

He got away easy, as DR pointed out, without a criminal record and still is in consideration to represent our national team!
Old January 3, 2018, 11:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I am sure the kid did not just say "meow"
I wish the country was ruled by BCB, that way school teachers and madrassa hujurs would stop beating kids.

Sabbir had this coming, he already had disciplinary issues.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 3, 2018, 11:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I am sure the kid did not just say "meow"

What do you mean? And how are you so sure?

And if indeed the kid said something more (none of the newspaper reported more than "meow") does that somehow justify Sabbir's action?

I don't know in Bangladesh, but here in USA, verbal abuse does not justify physical retaliation... forget about( against a) kid, not even for (against a ) adults.
Old January 3, 2018, 11:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What do you mean? And how are you so sure?

And if indeed the kid said something more (none of the newspaper reported more than "meow") does that somehow justify Sabbir's action?

I don't know in Bangladesh, but here in USA, verbal abuse does not justify physical retaliation... forget about( against a) kid, not even for (against a ) adults.
I knew some1 will misunderstand me.
I just dont believe Sabbir will beat up a kid just because he said meow,u are free to disagree with my belief,
regardless of what that kid did Sabbir should not hve done that.
Hope I am clear.
Old January 3, 2018, 11:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I knew some1 will misunderstand me.
I just dont believe Sabbir will beat up a kid just because he said meow,u are free to disagree with my belief,
regardless of what that kid did Sabbir should not hve done that.
Hope I am clear.

Thanks for the clarification. There was two message and those are separate message ; not an attempt to justify the other.

When I read it first, I was not sure you were trying to justify his action or not.

btw Sabbir was one of my favorite young players and I still believe that he has enormous talent to be a great player. But I cannot support his action (in discussion) and support BCB 100% for disciplining him.
Old January 3, 2018, 11:34 AM
Cricket Sage

I am surprised Sub-bir did not come to FB live and say "apnader ki mone hoy ami eta kortey pari ? "
Old January 3, 2018, 11:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Once you beat a child, there is nothing really you can say to defend yourself (unless, off course, you're the parent of the child). The match referee did call him for a hearing, but, instead of admitting his fault or offering any justification, he threatened the officials.

He got away easy, as DR pointed out, without a criminal record and still is in consideration to represent our national team!
You conveniently and clearly glossed over my post. You entirely missed my point. There was really no need to post my post then.

The way justice system works even if people sees you murdering someone in front of hundreds of people he still deserves to get heard and be on stand.

FWIW, I saw on my Momma's FB page someone post a video of a bunch of young male cruelly and shamelessly beating up an old man and a woman with "thwack thwack" heavy thuds of stick.The worst part was no one DARED to protest (tibro protibaad) and go to rescue of that old man and woman. He was also made to do "kaan dhore uthbosh kore". Shobai boshe boshe tamasha dektese....

Am I outraged? Yes, but I had to put my outrage on hold because I am also curious and open to what those folks might have to say to shamelessly and cruelly and cold heatedly beating up an old man.

You - as in humans- don't get to play judge, jury and executioner. I mean look at Papon's tone in that Isam article: "Clearly he didn't learn his lesson...."

arrey beta tumi k, amake lesson shikhao... nije money hoy porbot er churay moha sadhu hoye boshe aso... lesson shikhaitese asshe amake
Old January 3, 2018, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I am surprised Sub-bir did not come to FB live and say "apnader ki mone hoy ami eta kortey pari ? "
lol arekjon....
Old January 3, 2018, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You conveniently and clearly glossed over my post. You entirely missed my point. There was really no need to post my post then.

The way justice system works even if people sees you murdering someone in front of hundreds of people he still deserves to get heard and be on stand.

FWIW, I saw on my Momma's FB page someone post a video of a bunch of young male cruelly and shamelessly beating up an old man and a woman with "thwack thwack" heavy thuds of stick.The worst part was no one DARED to protest (tibro protibaad) and go to rescue of that old man and woman. He was also made to do "kaan dhore uthbosh kore". Shobai boshe boshe tamasha dektese....

Am I outraged? Yes, but I had to put my outrage on hold because I am also curious and open to what those folks might have to say to shamelessly and cruelly and cold heatedly beating up an old man.

You - as in humans- don't get to play judge, jury and executioner. I mean look at Papon's tone in that Isam article: "Clearly he didn't learn his lesson...."

arrey beta tumi k, amake lesson shikhao... nije money hoy porbot er churay moha sadhu hoye boshe aso... lesson shikhaitese asshe amake
I am trying I find something, to counter, but can't argue with this logical comment.
Old January 3, 2018, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Probably too busy jerking off to Nayla Nayeem and getting drunk on Oscar
Old January 3, 2018, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Bloke needed some Prawn Jeera Pani. Or some Snickers
Old January 3, 2018, 12:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I am trying I find something, to counter, but can't argue with this logical comment.
Look no one's denying that he didn't hit him or anything. My qualm is why would be someone driven to act that way? Heck that is even more important and should even entail in meting out more harsher punishment.

Suppose it turns out the kid said: "apnee khelte paren na, field korte paren na... mathe namsen ki korte?"

And if THAT was the case that got this idiot triggered to slap him hell yeah.. I am all for giving him a life time ban. That shows control, or lack of there of. If you cannot control your temper for a simple thing as that, you'd put our entire team in jeopardy.

Having said that we fans like to think our players are :

-irresponsible
-psycho
-immature
-childish
-uneducated
-reckless
-careless

FFS cut the self-righteous crap. They are humans too. They know right from wrong and they are worthy of making astute and apt decisions and judgments. Fyi, you are not the only sharp one in the room.

At least give them that 'tuku' respect.

For instance, Tamim? I think Tamim is highly intelligent. The way a man talks, carries himself, the way he speaks accentless English SPEAKS volumes about himself.

Kintu amra kichu kichu bekti achi.. internet choira boshe tamim r onnoder tulo dhoni te dei... As if Tamim a high quality international player doesn't know how to pick gap or to keep head cool in nervous 90s yadaa yaadaa. yadaa..

Anyhoo I am probably digressing to cricket temperament. Going back to original topic, I was curious about intent but I will fully understand due to privacy and other issues board cannot disclose WHY he acted the way he did.
Old January 3, 2018, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

We will never know what caused him to lash out, this is becoming a rabid speculation.

Kinda like 9/11 conspiracy theories. You want to believe them, but you know you shouldn't
Old January 3, 2018, 12:29 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

btw Sabbir was one of my favorite young players and I still believe that he has enormous talent to be a great player. But I cannot support his action (in discussion) and support BCB 100% for disciplining him.

I cant support BCB 100% here. BCB should have also banned him from International games and maybe next year's BPL. That would have been some message.
Old January 3, 2018, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I cant support BCB 100% here. BCB should have also banned him from International games and maybe next year's BPL. That would have been some message.
They should of turned him over to the police.

This is the correct thing to do. Any kind of assault warrants an investigation.
Old January 3, 2018, 12:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

When you earn some money (which makes you feel powerful and as a result, greater than others), you start disrespecting the rest quite often. In other words, "তখন আমরা মানুষকে আর মানুষ মনে করিনা ". This is particularly common in Asian countries.

Hence what Sabbir allegedly did doesn't surprise me much. But if he did what has been accused of, he should be banned from all money-making and fame-earning events (National team, BPL etc.) for sometime; but could be considered to allow play in domestic leagues.
Old January 3, 2018, 01:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
They should of turned him over to the police.

This is the correct thing to do. Any kind of assault warrants an investigation.
And miss out on the Tk 2 million he will pay to BCB?!

If he were an Abahani player, he prolly would not get that DPL ban either.
Old January 3, 2018, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

how old is the kid?
what exactly he said?
Old January 3, 2018, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't know life ban?But 6 months is 2 weak for an undisciplinned act.
He needs counselling,that he doesn't repeat such antics.
My impression of him is he plays like a millionaire.
I am concerned for thoose here,who would counsel to find a way round the ban,its worriesome.
I did a diped but did not teach,and I felt like hitting 1/2 of the kids.But its not an appropriate thing to do.If I did I would have been banned for good.
6 months your kidding me.
Old January 7, 2018, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Why is he still training with the squad, and is considered eligible for selection?
Old January 27, 2018, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

You know what else should we terminate? The idea of batting him anytime other than final overs