facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 18, 2018, 06:42 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,686
Default ***Explosive Batsman***

When will Bangladesh produce a explosive batsman?

The likes of :

Shahid Afridi
Kieron Pollard
Chris Gayle
Brendan McCullum
Jason Roy
Colin Munro
Andre Russell


How long do we have to wait to see a superstar be born in Bangladesh?
The likes of the above, that keeps on the edge!
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old January 18, 2018, 06:47 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,686

The brand of cricket our current batsman play is not exciting!
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 18, 2018, 07:17 AM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,686

Thisara Perera is another example of explosive batsman.
When the game was nearly lost, he brought SL back to contention!

Those hitting/slogging nearly won SL the match.

I haven’t seen anyone do that in any BD matches!
We lack those kind of surprise player!
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 18, 2018, 07:25 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
When will Bangladesh produce a explosive batsman?

The likes of :

Shahid Afridi
Kieron Pollard
Chris Gayle
Brendan McCullum
Jason Roy
Colin Munro
Andre Russell


How long do we have to wait to see a superstar be born in Bangladesh?
The likes of the above, that keeps on the edge!
Oh and I guess Sabbir Rahman plays hockey?

We already have one
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old January 18, 2018, 07:26 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 10,828

Based on the the U19 players I saw last night one will have to wait some time.

I have to only assume you mean explosive as who can hit boundaries at will to a long distance. Most of the players you have mentioned are extremely well built and our players are physically disadvantaged. Also one has to be mentally strong as well which our youngsters are usually not.

The closest thing we had to an explosive batsman is Tamim Iqbal and with regret we wont produce another one like him.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old January 18, 2018, 07:43 AM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 4,788

I can see why your favorite player is Md Ashraful.

We don't need necessarily need sloggers in the team, we had Rafique, these days we have Mash.

Good cricket batsman who know how to serve a role will do, ala Shabbir right now. Soumya can hit sixes as well. I don't know what happened to him, I think he needs to work with a mental coach.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old January 18, 2018, 08:08 AM
Krishna's Avatar
Krishna Krishna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2015
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: ABD
Posts: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Based on the the U19 players I saw last night one will have to wait some time.

I have to only assume you mean explosive as who can hit boundaries at will to a long distance. Most of the players you have mentioned are extremely well built and our players are physically disadvantaged. Also one has to be mentally strong as well which our youngsters are usually not.

The closest thing we had to an explosive batsman is Tamim Iqbal and with regret we wont produce another one like him.
Sorry I disagree with the Tamim part. He's definitely a stroke player and our best batsman of all time. But he doesn't fit into a explosive batsman criteria.

People don't consider a batsman who hits a 6, then proceeds to 6 dot balls..a explosive batsman.

Tamim is a player who seemed very explosive at once due to the reason he often used to try to hit every ball but balls often could not cross the inner circle. So after he used to got out at 25 off 30, people had the feeling of 25 of 18..lol I still remember those starts back in 09/10, time Tamim'so approach was too aggressive.

Just look at his career strike rate now. 77. Yes he has calm down recently but still when he hw was aggressive he rarely crossed 80 strike rate in his career. His most big inningses too are Baber azamesque 90-100 odd strike rated.

Even on Bangladesh perspective he is not a very explosive batsman. Shabbir, Soumya, Mash are. Or probably Ashraful when on song.
__________________
''Proud to be a Bangladeshi"

Go TIGERS GO...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old January 18, 2018, 08:51 AM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 10,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna
Sorry I disagree with the Tamim part. He's definitely a stroke player and our best batsman of all time. But he doesn't fit into a explosive batsman criteria.

People don't consider a batsman who hits a 6, then proceeds to 6 dot balls..a explosive batsman.

Tamim is a player who seemed very explosive at once due to the reason he often used to try to hit every ball but balls often could not cross the inner circle. So after he used to got out at 25 off 30, people had the feeling of 25 of 18..lol I still remember those starts back in 09/10, time Tamim'so approach was too aggressive.

Just look at his career strike rate now. 77. Yes he has calm down recently but still when he hw was aggressive he rarely crossed 80 strike rate in his career. His most big inningses too are Baber azamesque 90-100 odd strike rated.

Even on Bangladesh perspective he is not a very explosive batsman. Shabbir, Soumya, Mash are. Or probably Ashraful when on song.
I said the closest thing which is not the real deal.

But like you at once stage I used to think "Tamim is a player who seemed very explosive". I also agree now he has mellowed down quite a bit and is not as aggressive as before. But coming back to the point, he is the closest thing we have had to an explosive batsman.

Maybe you wont associate the word explosive with Tamim Iqbal, but certain parts of the media have done for his past efforts:
http://www.skysports.com/cricket/new...igns-for-essex
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-01-2...ive-ton/309410
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...orld-cup-dream
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old January 18, 2018, 09:38 AM
Krishna's Avatar
Krishna Krishna is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 10, 2015
Location: Dhaka
Favorite Player: ABD
Posts: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I said the closest thing which is not the real deal.

But like you at once stage I used to think "Tamim is a player who seemed very explosive". I also agree now he has mellowed down quite a bit and is not as aggressive as before. But coming back to the point, he is the closest thing we have had to an explosive batsman.

Maybe you wont associate the word explosive with Tamim Iqbal, but certain parts of the media have done for his past efforts:
http://www.skysports.com/cricket/new...igns-for-essex
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-01-2...ive-ton/309410
http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...orld-cup-dream
That's why I said he seemed explosive. When he's on the creaze, you and commentators knew he is very aggressive. I remember Gautam saying whenever Tamim coming to the creaze, "He's a very aggressive player". And he looked like that too. Because his approach was very aggressive from the beginning. But the end product(strike rate) wasn't very healthy mainly because of dot balls. Lack of strike rotate. Also for Bangladeshi players, expectation of explosive strike rate was low. Thus he was refered as 'explosive' very often than not.

I would say, Only recently I would say he has been actually very explosive in terms of strike rate in the t20s. First major part of his t20 career his strike rate was 100-110.
Recently it has increased to 120+ due to his great form since 2015 onward.

I end my discussion with one example.

Sometimes a player with 4 fours 20 runs in 25 balls is seemed 'more explosive' than a guy with 2 fours 20 runs in 20 balls. Tamim was the first type.

But I always give more importance to the strike rate when judging a player's explosiveness like most do.
So I think Tamim was very aggressive but the end product was always not very much like one would assume.
__________________
''Proud to be a Bangladeshi"

Go TIGERS GO...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old January 18, 2018, 09:42 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

We did once...Hurricane Lamp Attacker - Aftab Ahmed of Chittagong (Chottogram)
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old January 18, 2018, 10:22 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 3,580

if groomed properly, that guy saffiuddin can be a player like Perera. A bowler who can clear the ropes with big shots.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old January 18, 2018, 12:12 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,686

I was thinking Ariful is that explosive batsman we have been looking for!

But he didn’t even make the tri series squad.
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old January 18, 2018, 12:16 PM
SportingBD's Avatar
SportingBD SportingBD is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 20, 2016
Location: London, UK
Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Posts: 4,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I can see why your favorite player is Md Ashraful.

We don't need necessarily need sloggers in the team, we had Rafique, these days we have Mash.

Good cricket batsman who know how to serve a role will do, ala Shabbir right now. Soumya can hit sixes as well. I don't know what happened to him, I think he needs to work with a mental coach.
Sir Ash is not a slogger. And there’s nothing wrong in being a slogger!

If you can become a slogging specialist!
__________________
My Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bangla13c
The tongue is like a Lion. If you let it loose, it will wound someone - Imam Ali (R.A)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old January 18, 2018, 12:49 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
if groomed properly, that guy saffiuddin can be a player like Perera. A bowler who can clear the ropes with big shots.
Definitely, Saifuddin can be better than Perera
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old January 18, 2018, 01:19 PM
Shaan's Avatar
Shaan Shaan is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 11, 2004
Location: somewhere in the GaLaXy
Favorite Player: TIGERS !!
Posts: 4,880

we had zia, saifuddin can be one for future. sabbir is there too. we could have gone with zia for longer time, he was not given enough chances like soumya got. he is still good hitter of the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old January 18, 2018, 03:23 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

We also had Javed Omar Gullah.
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old January 18, 2018, 03:55 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 10,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
We also had Javed Omar Gullah.
Only thing explosive about him is the high speed dash he used to make to grab a wicket if BD won a game.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old January 18, 2018, 04:02 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,469

So another Ashraful thread.

KDPP
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old January 18, 2018, 04:11 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
We also had Javed Omar Gullah.
Yah.... I miss Omar Gullah, Aguner Golla (Ashraful) and Taposh Baisob

Without them no charm in the team.
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old January 18, 2018, 06:01 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,538

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
So another Ashraful thread.

KDPP
Kerala Diabetes Prevention Program?

What the hell is KDPP.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old January 18, 2018, 06:40 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 33,096

We all saw how AAA turned out. And now Sumayaia is going down the drain. Sabber to gon case.
__________________
#metoo!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old January 18, 2018, 06:41 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma
Posts: 33,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Sir Ash is not a slogger. And there’s nothing wrong in being a slogger!

If you can become a slogging specialist!
That I actually have to agree. People have this issue and anathema for boom, boom attitude, aggression and instant gratification from boundaries.

I don't think any "way" is more superior than others. Just like Hashim Amla is not "superior" to Gilchrist or anything.
__________________
#metoo!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old January 18, 2018, 06:45 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 12,514

I remember Sir Ash with frequent explosive diarrhea, always seemed to be in a hurry to answer the call of nature....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old January 18, 2018, 06:55 PM
RealSports RealSports is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 16, 2016
Location: London, England
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 911

I will only worry about that for T20s. In ODIs, we want to make sure that our top and middle order score the bulk of the runs, and that includes being explosive. They're batman for a reason. Cricket is about smartness rather than being explosive. Bangladesh can only play to its strengths. We don't possess the strength that teams such as the West Indies and England have.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old January 18, 2018, 09:36 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 20,469

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Kerala Diabetes Prevention Program?

What the hell is KDPP.
Answering your question will be a recursive action,

a classic case of KoyDinPorPor
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket