facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2018, 01:02 PM
Banned for 3 months

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Fire the Curator

How long are we going to watch cricket on those poor wickets that the Sri Lankan curator prepares for the national team? You just have to look at Tamim poor strike rate and ask why is that the case? Most of the time he has to fight and dig in for BD on those terrible wickets.

Those poor wickets are one of the reason why our players struggle overseas. How many times do they chase or set 300 plus? If you look at most of the teams, they do that quite often. Why are we falling behind?

Old January 23, 2018, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

I have to admit, it was very painful to watch BD batting.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

A very tired wicket.

Cricket needs to move away from Dhaka
Old January 23, 2018, 01:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Perhaps it was intentional to expose the batsmen on a turning low-slow track before the Test series? It was a dead rubber match for us where they could do such experiments. Like I said in the other thread, now we know how useless Riyad-Sabbir-Nasir are on such pitches.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:15 PM
Cricket Sage

@SportingBD, how much do you know about preparing a wicket?

Have you ever done it before?

It was a staple for me when I was part of my local club's youth teams...

If the wicket keeps playing on, them it gets fatigue.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Like I said in the other thread, now we know how useless Riyad-Sabbir-Nasir are on such pitches.
True. But does that mean Nasir is useful in other type of pitches?
Old January 23, 2018, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
But does that mean Nasir is useful in other type of pitches?
Probably not. But my expectation was that he plays on fatigued variable bounce pitches at domestics regularly, thus would do better here than other batsmen. I still think he should have been able to grind it out. More than technique, his mental weakness is exposed today.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:36 PM
Banned for 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
@SportingBD, how much do you know about preparing a wicket?

Have you ever done it before?

It was a staple for me when I was part of my local club's youth teams...

If the wicket keeps playing on, them it gets fatigue.
I have never done that before. If you see BPL, they had like around 10 days to prepare a good batting wicket, but the Sri Lankan curator prepared awful ones (hence the complaint from Tamim/McCullum). The same trend is continuing again, the first match between BD/ZIM was awful. Yesterday match was also bad, and today even more. This trend of bad wickets is becoming a common.

Most teams around the world are batting on good wickets and getting used to scoring 300+ and chasing 300+. When BD plays overseas, they don't have enough experience of playing (setting/chasing) those big scores. As most of them have been playing on rubbish wickets.

The Curator has been absolute Garbage.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Akle's point is also valid - little can the curator do when the pitch is fatigued so much. They could have easily included Fatullah for this series and avoid over using Mirpur. This is just sheer laziness/incompetency of BCB not to use alternative venues.

Gamini did his part by preparing high scoring pitches for previous matches.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:47 PM
Banned for 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Akle's point is also valid - little can the curator do when the pitch is fatigued so much. They could have easily included Fatullah for this series and avoid over using Mirpur. This is just sheer laziness/incompetency of BCB not to use alternative venues.

Gamini did his part by preparing high scoring pitches for previous matches.
The first match of tri series was terrible, can't fault BCB here. Gamini had so many months to prepare a good wicket. I surely didn't expect such kind of poor wicket (especially when there was no match at Dhaka for some time). The other instance being when teams returned to Dhaka, the wickets wasn't good also (even though he had sufficient time to prepare).

Agree that we should play cricket in other parts of country, if that's not possible, at least use Fatullah.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
I have never done that before. If you see BPL, they had like around 10 days to prepare a good batting wicket, but the Sri Lankan curator prepared awful ones (hence the complaint from Tamim/McCullum). The same trend is continuing again, the first match between BD/ZIM was awful. Yesterday match was also bad, and today even more. This trend of bad wickets is becoming a common.

Most teams around the world are batting on good wickets and getting used to scoring 300+ and chasing 300+. When BD plays overseas, they don't have enough experience of playing (setting/chasing) those big scores. As most of them have been playing on rubbish wickets.

You clearly missed my point. Really.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Someone needs a basic lesson in soil science.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
I have never done that before. If you see BPL, they had like around 10 days to prepare a good batting wicket, but the Sri Lankan curator prepared awful ones (hence the complaint from Tamim/McCullum). The same trend is continuing again, the first match between BD/ZIM was awful. Yesterday match was also bad, and today even more. This trend of bad wickets is becoming a common trend.
Dear Sporting bhaiya, I know you do not mean bad, but addressing hims as the 'Sri Lankan' curator over and over again, suggests that him being a Sri Lankan national has something to do with this pitch complain. Him being a curator from Sri lanka has nothing to do anything, he might as well be a curator from NoaKhali, it's all the same. He is a professional and you are questioning his reason for creating a pitch that is acting in a certain way. That's all. We have Sri Lankan member here in BC, and we are also playing Sri Lanka this week and next week and so on. It sounds bad, that's all. If a Bangladeshi ground curator was working fro SLCin Sri Lanka and the locals said , "That 'Bangladeshi' curator sucks, he keeps creating bad pitches..." I don't know about anybody else, but it would sound bad in my ear - the 'Bangladeshi' part. It sounds like as if we are judging someone by his/her nationality, not by his ability to perform his job or skill.

Just call him by his name "Gmini Silva' or just call him the curator. BTW curator Silva is a Sri Lankan civil war veteran.
It's a just suggestion as a friend. I know you do not mean bad at all, you are just frustrated at the pitch.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Why bringing Noakhali? What Noakhali people done you?

Have ever seen any Noakhali curator in your life? Never... Ever.
Old January 23, 2018, 01:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Why does every game have to be on a 300 wicket?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 23, 2018, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
The first match of tri series was terrible, can't fault BCB here. Gamini had so many months to prepare a good wicket. I surely didn't expect such kind of poor wicket (especially when there was no match at Dhaka for some time).
I disagree- in the first match, the bounce from the block was even. However, the dense fog made the top surface soft and added some stickiness to it.

When the fog reduced and the surface became hard, we had even bounce flat pitches for next two matches (I have not seen last SL-Zim match, don't know what happened there).
Old January 23, 2018, 01:57 PM
Banned for 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Dear Sporting bhaiya, I know you do not mean bad, but addressing hims as the 'Sri Lankan' curator over and over again, suggests that him being a Sri Lankan national has something to do with this pitch complain. Him being a curator from Sri lanka has nothing to do anything, he might as well be a curator from NoaKhali, it's all the same. He is a professional and you are questioning his reason for creating a pitch that is acting in a certain way. That's all. We have Sri Lankan member here in BC, and we are also playing Sri Lanka this week and next week and so on. It sounds bad, that's all. If a Bangladeshi ground curator was working fro SLCin Sri Lanka and the locals said , "That 'Bangladeshi' curator sucks, he keeps creating bad pitches..." I don't know about anybody else, but it would sound bad in my ear - the 'Bangladeshi' part. It sounds like as if we are judging someone by his/her nationality, not by his ability to perform his job or skill.

Just call him by his name "Gmini Silva' or just call him the curator. BTW curator Silva is a Sri Lankan civil war veteran.
It's a just suggestion as a friend. I know you do not mean bad at all, you are just frustrated at the pitch.
I am frustrated at Gamani. The matches are soo poor.
It doesn't help us prepare well for WC/World tournaments.

in World tournaments, team total have been increasing a lot...
And most teams are capable of setting and chasing high targets..
We need to learn that ASAP (those poor wickets won't help).

These days you have players, easily scoring with 100+ SR.. and we have our best player who averages like 70+, just about touching 75/80... in tri series..
Old January 23, 2018, 02:05 PM
Banned for 3 months

How do I find the average score in Dhaka for last 1-2 years?
Old January 23, 2018, 02:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

I have never seen such horrible pitches.
Mathey kuno ghash nai. Pitch noshto hoye mati ber hoy. Ei mathey keu international match kheley ?
Old January 23, 2018, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
The first match of tri series was terrible, can't fault BCB here. Gamini had so many months to prepare a good wicket. I surely didn't expect such kind of poor wicket (especially when there was no match at Dhaka for some time). The other instance being when teams returned to Dhaka, the wickets wasn't good also (even though he had sufficient time to prepare).

Agree that we should play cricket in other parts of country, if that's not possible, at least use Fatullah.
How was the first match pitch bad?

It was a good pitch, where 270~ was par, zim just imploded

It's not the wicket that gets tired... It's the soil, you can't keep using the same soil over and over again and expect it to maintain a good standard, the whole ground needs relaying, like they do in football grounds after every season

Old January 23, 2018, 02:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I think BCB deserves blame by playing a million matches in Mirpur but not enough elsewhere.

Not too many matches outside Mirpur really.

I mean it's friggin 2018.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 23, 2018, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
How do I find the average score in Dhaka for last 1-2 years?
Average run rate from 2015 has been over 5

Old January 23, 2018, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
I have never seen such horrible pitches.
Mathey kuno ghash nai. Pitch noshto hoye mati ber hoy. Ei mathey keu international match kheley ?

^Yeah Khele. Since the dawn of civilization our neighbor has been preparing such pitches and registering big wins in test matches with their so called Greatest of the Greats spinners.

BD korlei dosh hoe jachche naki? Nijerai complain kori, bhalo.

I will take akle's point along with Asaad's valid question to be same as my opinion in this matter. And yes, hire a curator from Noakhali if that helps.
Old January 23, 2018, 03:09 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Need some other venues instead of Mirpur. I don't know why BCB just decided to play on one venue when you have Chittagong and Sylhet with lots of crowd potential.
Old January 23, 2018, 03:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tausif
Need some other venues instead of Mirpur. I don't know why BCB just decided to play on one venue when you have Chittagong and Sylhet with lots of crowd potential.
I think BCB saves money by hosting all matches in Dhaka. It also avoids some logistics of moving the teams around. So Dhaka becomes the lazy option. The crowds at Dhaka have become jaded too. PA published an article on that and Tamim also lamented on poor turnout.

A tri series should not be hosted by only one venue. This is just ridiculous.

Ctg and Sylhet both has ICC approved venues with good hotels and transportation. Just use them!