facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 29, 2018, 08:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I Remember during CT BD news clips with titles like these infesting internet. "Ae ki bollen Kohli?", "Bangladesh ke abar choto korlen Kohli", "Shakib, Tamim Der Boro cricketer manen na Sourav" "Match e ICC noi bharot korbe Umpire nirbachon" "Abar tin morol er shorojontrer shikar Bangladesh" etc. etc. And these were all uploaded from different BD media houses. Now I understand South Asian media in general is far from good still this way of attracting eyeballs through sheer cringe is just pure excrement and BD media is unmatched at unloading them.
indian media is on the same level of cringe. you can argue which is worse, and format is a little diff, but on same level.

the diff is BD media can't sell their garbage to every BDeshi while Indian media successfully sells their garbage to vast majority of Indians on a regular basis.

the country-wide homogeneous reaction after that very indecent dhoni image - a classic example.

Old January 29, 2018, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
the country-wide homogeneous reaction after that very indecent dhoni image - a classic example.
You do understand you are blaming Indian media for reporting the truth, right? Yes that image probably should not have been publisized but how is this even comparable to your national media peddling childish conspiracies day in and day out?
Old January 30, 2018, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
You do understand you are blaming Indian media for reporting the truth, right? Yes that image probably should not have been publisized but how is this even comparable to your national media peddling childish conspiracies day in and day out?
so, making out that a whole country is the same as one person is the "truth" now? figures. that even resulted in BDeshi journos struggling to find room and board in Mumbai. surreal stuff. I've never seen an entire population (and this one has 1b+) stereotype another to such an extent.

the headlines you picked out are the only ones you see because that's what attracts you. and your media broadcasts & publishes cringe left and right too. tune into zee's celeb news/gossip. and lol at indian media not peddling conspiracies.

noticed you didn't quote this part below. guessing at least we agree on something...

Quote:
the diff is BD media can't sell their garbage to every BDeshi while Indian media successfully sells their garbage to vast majority of Indians on a regular basis.
Old January 30, 2018, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
so, making out that a whole country is the same as one person is the "truth" now? figures. that even resulted in BDeshi journos struggling to find room and board in Mumbai. surreal stuff. I've never seen an entire population (and this one has 1b+) stereotype another to such an extent.

the headlines you picked out are the only ones you see because that's what attracts you. and your media broadcasts & publishes cringe left and right too. tune into zee's celeb news/gossip. and lol at indian media not peddling conspiracies.

noticed you didn't quote this part below. guessing at least we agree on something...
No one generalized your country bar a few probably, we all know it was one nuthead who did it, Indian media is mostly positive about BD, I got to know about BD's improving economy, thriving garment sector, BD doing better than India in some social indicators etc. from Indian media. No offence but I would not believe anything coming from BD journalists (If we can call them that), are those the same guys who wrote Kazi Onik bowling at 99MPH? Did they have valid passport, Visa, other ID proofs with them? Because in India you need to show these to get a room in most hotels if you are a foreigner which is perfectly normal and this is how it should be. Now my take on the matter is either they couldn't provide the required documentation or rooms were not available, so them forever victim journos cooked up a nice story how India discriminates against BD nationals and sold it to gullible BD public like hot cake. I have seen how low your media could stoop to replace Pakistan and create a new rivalry by fueling social media wars. Indian media is no paragon of true journalism but whatever they are still like 100 times better than BD media.
Old January 30, 2018, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Brother, silence doesn't always mean agreement. No one likes to be around horse manure and you are blaming me for not taking part in shoveling? I am a no nonsense guy and generally don't BS, when I post something I know how to back my statement up with facts and proofs. Here you go, something ripe for you, coming from your most premier news paper, my God the cringe is real

http://www.prothomalo.com/sports/art...A6%A8%E0%A6%BE

If cringe was considered poetry this reporter would get a Nobel or two.
Old January 30, 2018, 02:08 PM
Banned for 3 months

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Two things:

Firstly both teams batted on that terrible wicket. So whoever won, deserves absolutely full credit. The team that batted least worse won the match. Hathura and his team should be applauded for the way they cameback in the tournament and won.

Secondly, the wicket in Dhaka has been poor nearly every BPL, it is not the first time. In the last 1-2 years there has been more focus on Gamini as recently in BPL players came out and said the wickets were poor, international and local players. So now people are more concentrated on what kind of wickets Gamini produces. In most of our recent test matches in Dhaka, the wickets have been really poor, even though we won.

The question we should ask our self is how do those poor wickets help us? like for world tournaments and overseas tours? Also, if you compare to most other subcontinent pitches/wickets, you will see the Dhaka wicket is possibly one of the worst for batting.
Old February 7, 2018, 11:24 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

I didn't read the whole thread. Just wanted to share this.

Yesterday I was at GNC where a Sri Lankan dude works. I go there a lot for my caffeine fix and I always have a chat. As did I last time we played Sri Lonkos. Now I was telling him: "Look we lost fair and square. I do not for a moment believe a professional man would divulge secrets." Anyway the thread of the convo whittled down to the fact:

How can the information regarding the pitch - as much privileged it may be- really decide the factor if not a result of a match?

This is inexplicably bizarre. It is as scurrilous as saying we knew before hand what the toss would turn out to be and hence we won.

Really much brouhaha about nothing... Then again didn't read the whole damn thread.
Old February 7, 2018, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage