facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2018, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Congrats Chandika Hathurusingha

We are not worthy of having you as our coach. Well done on winning the tri series.

Some great decision you made as coach. inclusion of Kusal Mendis (those quick hitting was very valuable today)
Inclusion of Madushanka (the pacer). We know you are a good talent spotter and you made some good calls

Best of luck to you, I know you will achieve great results with SL

Old January 27, 2018, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

I'm sure SL will be a strong force in world cricket now.
Old January 27, 2018, 09:16 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

after the first ODI someone in the forum wrote "haturi you made a mistake,comeback to the winning side"

If haturi was a member of this forum he would write now "Nah mate, I am with the winning side"
Old January 27, 2018, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Meh. Who’s he?
Old January 27, 2018, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Meh. Who’s he?
Talented coach. Backs his philosophy, sticks to his methods.

I call him the Bald Genius

Hathura made one of the best decision of his career by taking over SL.
They have better players that have more cricket intelligence than ours.

Curious to see how far SL will go with Hathura
Old January 27, 2018, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Haturi has the last laugh. When he took us on he turned a helpless team who was losing to Associates to a formidable team. He has turned around Sri Lanka so quickly.

Amago polapine ki na ahokari kortesilo Haturi ke dekhia dibe! Now all have egg on your face. Be humble and not petty!
Old January 27, 2018, 11:42 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I am very keen to hear from some of our resident 'experts' in here who gave Hathuri a lot of stick.

Hathuri is one of the few coaches in world cricket at the moment that falls under the world class bracket. He could coach an Uganda women's team to a series victory over Bangladesh.

Great loss for our cricket. Even more now when the only option we have is Khaled alex fergusson mahmud.
Old January 27, 2018, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Some BCB officials did not want him because they could not do stupidity while he was there. Some players did not want him because they were held accountable for dismal performance. Well they had the last laugh. But BD cricket has lost someone who could actually make a difference
Old January 27, 2018, 11:53 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Why do you people think Hathuru would have made any difference to the outcome of this series? If he had stayed as coach, Soumya would have opened and Shabbir would have batted at no 3. We lost because the same youngsters that Hathuru had years to develop failed to lift their game. Did we try anything radical with the team since the coach left? No we didnt. All coaches (even good ones) have a shelf life. Hathuru will have a good run with sri lanka and years down the line that will end too. This is how the cycle works.
Old January 27, 2018, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Why do you people think Hathuru would have made any difference to the outcome of this series? If he had stayed as coach, Soumya would have opened and Shabbir would have batted at no 3. We lost because the same youngsters that Hathuru had years to develop failed to lift their game. Did we try anything radical with the team since the coach left? No we didnt. All coaches (even good ones) have a shelf life. Hathuru will have a good run with sri lanka and years down the line that will end too. This is how the cycle works.
Hathura would not have included the likes of Anamul/Nasir/Mithun! Results in cricket doesn't come about, it needs good planning/preparation etc. I would not have minded if he backed Soumya, just take the example of Kusal Mendis, Hathura backed him, even though his been in terrible international/domestic form. Than you have Hathura make the call to include this new pacer for Sri Lanka, who did really well. The team chemistry looked good within the SL team. Hathura has different sets of skills as a coach. The cycle you refer to doesn't work if certain things are not in place. You need to tick most boxes for the successful cycle to work. Hathura does that.
Old January 27, 2018, 12:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Some BCB officials did not want him because they could not do stupidity while he was there. Some players did not want him because they were held accountable for dismal performance. Well they had the last laugh. But BD cricket has lost someone who could actually make a difference
True. But why left out some fans and the reporters? They also wanted him out and they got their wishes.

Let's see how long hodge-podge tag team of cha-cha and senior players survive.
Old January 27, 2018, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

I probably shouldn't say anything on this with the little knowledge that I have in this regard, but under Hatura you had your biggest successes, good performance in WC, Winning test in SL, beating India and SA even at home were big deals. Anyone denying him of those credits just being plain ungrateful.
Old January 27, 2018, 12:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I probably shouldn't say anything on this with with the little knowledge that I have in this regard, but under Hatura you had your biggest successes, good performance in WC, Winning test in SL, beating India and SA even at home were big deals. Anyone denying him of those credits just being plain ungrateful.
We also had a worst outing at NZ and SA. Jus sayin....
Old January 27, 2018, 12:49 PM
Cricket Sage

See what is happening to India in SA, and Pakistan and WI in NZ. These are not easy tours for any foreign team. Just saying.....
Old January 27, 2018, 12:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
We also had a worst outing at NZ and SA. Jus sayin....
All teams get thrashed in SA and NZ including India and Pakistan, like charity performance too begins at home, I am surprised that so many of you belittle home wins.
Old January 27, 2018, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
See what is happening to India in SA, and Pakistan and WI in NZ. These are not easy tours for any foreign team. Just saying.....
Hey we just won one
Old January 27, 2018, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Haturi had his flaws and had his boons.

His flaws was the way to handle young cricketers. He promoted Sabbir to 3, he made soumya play match after match. He also tried to dominate the board.

But one thing Haturi was a good strategist and motivator. When we lost to India by 1 runs in WT20, he didn't ask our players to forget it. He asked our players to remember it over and over again. Why? So that we remember the mistakes we made and don't repeat it again. He was bold in whatever he said. i remember his remarks when our bowlers got banned. He made some strong statements and not some soft ones like people-pleaser Mashrafe or Sujon.

Mashrafe was a good leader but not a great strategist. Haturi was the brilliant mind behind everything. Against India, he asked pacers to bowl wide outside off stump against Virat, he prompted the batsman to be more aggressive even if wickets are falling around. Haturi had a plan, a well thought out one.

Today, when BD went in to bat, there was no plan. In the first 5 overs there was 11 runs, 6 of which came from an over boundary. There was no intent, no hint of proactiveness. Haturi was a pro-active coach. He believed in making something happen out of nothing. If he was the coach he would have specific plans for specific bowlers. Our side had no plans for no one.

Haturi asked the SL pacers to pitch it short, asked batsman to play circumspect and bat out as long as possible. We needed a strategist like that, and a positive one at that.
Old January 27, 2018, 12:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
True. But why left out some fans and the reporters? They also wanted him out and they got their wishes.

Let's see how long hodge-podge tag team of cha-cha and senior players survive.
In Hathura first training session with SL, he banned headphones/music.
He said, he wanted the players to focus and concentrate in training.

BUT

I saw pictures of our coach Khaled Mahmud observing mashrafe bowling in the nets... BUT at the same time talking on the phone

Just a simple difference in professionalism.

Hathura had too many other qualities, but professionalism stood out for me.
Old January 27, 2018, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

BREAKING NEWS: Hathura just tweeted this, I'm serious LOL

Quote:
It's not about how you fall! It's about how you land!!
https://twitter.com/CHathurusinghe/s...09685522051072
Old January 27, 2018, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Congrats to the 2-0 test series as well, this team white-washed Pak in the UAE
Old January 27, 2018, 01:11 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
well said.
Old January 27, 2018, 01:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Would be fun seeing the explanation of 'experts' here who wanted Hathuri's head. It was beyond amusing how some people totally undermined what he had achieved with our team saying that our "seniors peaked at the right time, so he had nothing to do with it". The same man won a tri-series under 1 month, even after getting beaten by us and Zim initially.. that too with a team that are out of sorts for months now. That's what you get for being ungrateful. Karma truly is a bit*h.

Guess what now? I guess our seniors have gone down from their peak and taking a break from being world-beaters for the past 2 years. Once a new coach comes in, they would come out of their cave and decide to peak again. Cuz may be you know, the same cycle happened in 2014 too when India C team beat us at home. Guess seniors decided to go down the peak at that time too until Hathuri came in. Wonderful coincidence!
Old January 27, 2018, 01:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I probably shouldn't say anything on this with the little knowledge that I have in this regard, but under Hatura you had your biggest successes, good performance in WC, Winning test in SL, beating India and SA even at home were big deals. Anyone denying him of those credits just being plain ungrateful.
That the problem with us. We are an ungrateful bunch in every sphere of life. It was shameful seeing how our media and players treated Hathuri, in spite of the unprecedented heights he had taken us to.
Old January 27, 2018, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

It's hard to blame fans to be honest. We are fed information from the garbage media we have. When I say we, I mean those who wanted hathura out. The players also fed news to the media, and twisted a lot of things... so from the outside... it felt like.. the players (seniors) were right and hathura was wrong...I am those who was completely against Hathura leaving, it was a shock to me when he resigned.

But those fans who have a different opinion on Hathura, you cant really blame them.. its our media that dictates mostly how fans think...the fans mostly form a opinion based on those media reports etc, and most media were against Hathura.

We lost a great coach to be honest.
Old January 27, 2018, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Hatura is the best thing that will happen to this SL team going forward. Good luck Hatura and thank you for your service!!