facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2018, 12:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default I don't see a bright future for our cricket.

some 15-16 months ago, I looked at Bangladesh cricket and I truly felt that we are having a golden period and things will only get better.

I believed that Miraz will become a genuine allrounder, Soumya will be the dashing and aggressive opener we need, Mosaddek will be the grafter, Taskin+Rubel+Fizz will form a formidable bowling attack even in tests, I expected Bangladesh to play a lot of A and U-19 cricket so even the fringe players are getting a lot of oppurtunities.

Everything was going so fine, until we saw Soumya lose his form, Sabbir promoted to 3, Litton seemed to be mentally weak, Mosaddek seemed a poor batsman against pace, Miraz with bat in hand look like a batsman with good technique but 0 application. The likes of Anamul Nasir came in and out of the side but to no use. Our recent U-19 batch played the least amount of cricket together before playing the World cup, extremely undercooked and so less exposed that no one knew much about anyone other than Afif Hossain, A team tours were replaced with HP tours were they faced UNIVERSITY teams.

Our pipeline looks dry all of a sudden. We dont have any replacements for our Seniors once they bid adieu. In BPL you dont see any real fireworks from our batsman and foreigners keep dominating everything, But above all, the worst thing is, we are not making any achievements. We are not winning multinational tournaments, we haven't won an ICC event qualifier match yet. Our players are not too sought out after in BBL, CPL, apart from SHAKIB and Fizz.

The thing is, I don't see any good happening. Anyways, cricket as a sport is going to die anytime soon and thats a good thing because people will simply stop laughing at our progress.

Its days like these I actually realize all the haters make sense
-we can't win pressure matches
-cant produce a genuine seamer
-your trophy cabinet is empty
-Afghanistan will overtake you soon

We had a golden oppurtunity today, to show that we are ahead of Lanka, and to win a tri series finally, But we lost it and unfortunately what others tell about us, start to make more and more sense.

Old January 27, 2018, 01:01 PM
Cricket Sage

This is just the beginning..actually too early than I thought....I am afraid this is the beginning ....not the lowest point yet
Unless of course we find and hire a real head coach not a head coach wanable chacha and senior player.

They should have roles but they are not the subsitute of head coach.... This is absert to think that we will survive long enough with this patch work.
Old January 27, 2018, 01:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

This is your problem right here...

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=49266

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=49254

http://banglacricket.com/alochona/sh...ad.php?t=47213
Old January 27, 2018, 01:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Still better than my Windies
Old January 27, 2018, 01:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
some 15-16 months ago, I looked at Bangladesh cricket and I truly felt that we are having a golden period and things will only get better.

I believed that Miraz will become a genuine allrounder, Soumya will be the dashing and aggressive opener we need, Mosaddek will be the grafter, Taskin+Rubel+Fizz will form a formidable bowling attack even in tests, I expected Bangladesh to play a lot of A and U-19 cricket so even the fringe players are getting a lot of oppurtunities.

Everything was going so fine, until we saw Soumya lose his form, Sabbir promoted to 3, Litton seemed to be mentally weak, Mosaddek seemed a poor batsman against pace, Miraz with bat in hand look like a batsman with good technique but 0 application. The likes of Anamul Nasir came in and out of the side but to no use. Our recent U-19 batch played the least amount of cricket together before playing the World cup, extremely undercooked and so less exposed that no one knew much about anyone other than Afif Hossain, A team tours were replaced with HP tours were they faced UNIVERSITY teams.

Our pipeline looks dry all of a sudden. We dont have any replacements for our Seniors once they bid adieu. In BPL you dont see any real fireworks from our batsman and foreigners keep dominating everything, But above all, the worst thing is, we are not making any achievements. We are not winning multinational tournaments, we haven't won an ICC event qualifier match yet. Our players are not too sought out after in BBL, CPL, apart from SHAKIB and Fizz.

The thing is, I don't see any good happening. Anyways, cricket as a sport is going to die anytime soon and thats a good thing because people will simply stop laughing at our progress.

We had a golden oppurtunity today, to show that we are ahead of Lanka, and to win a tri series finally, But we lost it and unfortunately what others tell about us, start to make more and more sense.
2 words - Hathuri's fault.
Old January 27, 2018, 01:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Still better than my Windies
Windies won a test in England vs England with a bunch of newly talented players.

When did we last do it? Cant remember.
Old January 27, 2018, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

dont worry sabbir alone will do all these
Old January 27, 2018, 01:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Has anyone ever read Animal Farm?
Old January 27, 2018, 01:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_You_Go
Windies won a test in England vs England with a bunch of newly talented players.

When did we last do it? Cant remember.
I thought we were talking about ODIs.

Yeah, my boys have done well in tests...we beat England, then beat Zimbabwe before falling to NZ in those tough conditions
Old January 27, 2018, 01:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I thought we were talking about ODIs.

Yeah, my boys have done well in tests...we beat England, then beat Zimbabwe before falling to NZ in those tough conditions
ODIs will have the same fate, We prolly tour you guys this year. Watch your boys whip our superstars and legendary seniors in all formats. But that will also be Hathuri's fault! Wait for our 'experts' to come up with that. You wont be disappointed.
Old January 27, 2018, 02:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

have to agree with Moharam
Funny that in 2015 when we whitewashed Pak their talk show hosts were saying BD has a very solid cricket culture, good competitive domestic leagues and the players are very fit.
Now in 2017-18 looks like we are back to 2014.
In 2015 we had SOumya,Sabbir,Taskin,Musta in great form but apart from Musta none of them could sustain.
Bowling wise we are still ok, what we need is 2/3 consistent batsman.
Old January 27, 2018, 04:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

National team always plays with 50% deadweights. The other 50% sometimes feel like playing and sometimes don't. There is too much dependence on Shakib+Tamim.
Squad has a lot of players but apart from the core set of players, others are never given a chance. There are no equal caliber replacement for any players in the core team. A team is non-existent. There are no A team tours arranged. Fringe players are randomly selected. Core players' performances are dwindling.

Whenever we score double-digit total scores, we need to think that we have regressed back to 2011WC days of 58
Old January 27, 2018, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Has anyone ever read Animal Farm?
Yes. I have.
Old January 28, 2018, 04:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Issues:

- Senior regular players starting to get rusty. Fighting with a good coach.
- Selectors- bringing back and playing Nasir. Not getting the right mix in the team.
- Coach: doubt we will get someone decent. Mahmud will cause more harm.
- BPL and other T20 leagues
- domestic wickets very inconsistent
Old January 28, 2018, 04:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sachin Tendulkar

Agree with OP. Even I dont see any bright future TBH.
Old January 28, 2018, 04:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin 3:!6
Agree with OP. Even I dont see any bright future TBH.
You never see anything bright. Are you colour blind?

Last edited by adamnsu; January 28, 2018 at 04:52 AM..
Old January 28, 2018, 04:43 AM
Test Cricketer

He just can't be associated with the word bright.
Old January 28, 2018, 05:12 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
You never see anything bright. Are you colour blind?
after he saw binny he cant see anything else
Old January 28, 2018, 05:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Knee jerk reaction.

It’s not the end of the end.

Issues lies with the system, management. Not player pool.

Right, set up. Things will be fine.

Mashrafe needs to wise up little more atm, and stop certain bias. As there is no coach right now. Things look bit messed.

Bcb is the main culprit. All the money, they still play same venue all the time. Bcb whole system is corrupt. Fans in Dhaka are lazy and not aggressive enough to demand changes. You’re there, “home of cricket is there”, you need to step up. BCB is financially well off. But the system is looting BD cricket rather than doing any good.

If you want to play in dhaka as theirs hotels etc. Build another stadium other side of Mirpur, another part of the city and take load of the SBNCS. Whats with the deadly obsession playing in the same city/stadium all games?
Wicket suffers alot playing everything one place! Even majority bpl same venue.

Obviously the dhakaitea have no complaints because they get to see it all. But it’s not a wise thing playing one ground. I have no issues being in one city but in two different grounds be better as it would take load off each other. If you’re not going to spread games around the country then build another stadium within the capital for betterment of BD cricket.
Old January 28, 2018, 05:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
after he saw binny he cant see anything else
Lolz He has eyes only for Binny
Old January 28, 2018, 07:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Come on guys, be optimistic.
Old January 28, 2018, 09:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Knee jerk reaction.

It’s not the end of the end.

Issues lies with the system, management. Not player pool.

Right, set up. Things will be fine.

Mashrafe needs to wise up little more atm, and stop certain bias. As there is no coach right now. Things look bit messed.

Bcb is the main culprit. All the money, they still play same venue all the time. Bcb whole system is corrupt. Fans in Dhaka are lazy and not aggressive enough to demand changes. You’re there, “home of cricket is there”, you need to step up. BCB is financially well off. But the system is looting BD cricket rather than doing any good.

If you want to play in dhaka as theirs hotels etc. Build another stadium other side of Mirpur, another part of the city and take load of the SBNCS. Whats with the deadly obsession playing in the same city/stadium all games?
Wicket suffers alot playing everything one place! Even majority bpl same venue.

Obviously the dhakaitea have no complaints because they get to see it all. But it’s not a wise thing playing one ground. I have no issues being in one city but in two different grounds be better as it would take load off each other. If you’re not going to spread games around the country then build another stadium within the capital for betterment of BD cricket.
I think a new stadium in Purbachol is planned. BCB can also arrange more game at Fatullah Stadium. It will be easier for Narayanganj fans to watch cricket.
Old January 28, 2018, 10:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM

so are you planning on leaving a note before you jump out the window tommen style, or was this it?
Old January 28, 2018, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Regarding this just barely 1 month ago, Lankan cricket team was a joke here in Sri Lanka. Chandimal the central topic of jokes, Thisira Perera and few others ridiculed for having a pot.

New coach, barely a month in charge, and all of a sudden the nation is dreaming of a new beginning. Thisira Perera who was the laughing stock of the town, all of a sudden performing like a world class all rounder.

Thats the impact of having a good coach in place, particularly someone who can motivate the players, who can strategize. I know a lot of us including myself was annoyed by Hathurasingha's ways towards the end, you can see the difference between us with him as the coach and Chacha.

It was a mistake not appointing a replacement, and not pursuing more options. We get a good commanding coach, everything will start falling in place again.
Old January 28, 2018, 04:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

You can't expect Tamim and Shakib to bail you out every single day. Thankfully, In the final Match Riyad stepped up but someone needed to stay there with him. I guess that will count as a failure for Mushfiqur Rahim. he was the guy to do it. Leaving Imrul Kayes out of the ODI Squad was probably a big mistake. I am not joking about this. Imrul if you look at his stats, in the last two years in ODI at home, he has very very solid stats. We needed some experience in the top order just in case Tamim has an off day. we were hoping it would be Anamul but not to be.

The team was just exposed without contributions from Tamim + Shakib. that's all. no doom and gloom. In order to find the next Tamim and Shakib, it shouldn't be too hard. continue to Mentor and guide the likes of Miraz and Afif and Saif Hassan. it might take time but I wonder if it's too late. loads of work to do before World cup 2019. I still have very high hopes for Mosaddek. Don't forget Mominul Haque, who has been misused in the last two years.