facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 10, 2018, 07:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default This should be the end of Imrul

Funny thing is after seeing Bijoy fail in the tri series I was thinking Imrul is our 2nd best opener and we should just stick with him.
But after this test series I realised after so many years of experience Imrul is just getting worse.
He is also a poor fielder.

So I think we should just continue with SS or Bijoy, even if they keep failing I believe they will learn with experience.
Both should be in the squad and compete against each other.
Besides they are very good fielders, Bijoy can keep and SS can bowl.

Playing domestic cricket could only help them gain some form and confidence but wont help them grow as players , it is just too easy there, yesterday Mash scored 60 something, that is how easy it is.

Old February 10, 2018, 07:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I thought that this was a 'MHRAM' special thread...
Old February 10, 2018, 07:16 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

he is ranked 2nd in the list of playing the most matches for BD without deserving to play
Old February 10, 2018, 07:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
he is ranked 2nd in the list of playing the most matches for BD without deserving to play
Who is 1st? Ash?
Atleast Ash won us some matches wz could never dream of.
Old February 10, 2018, 07:23 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Who is 1st? Ash?
Atleast Ash won us some matches wz could never dream of.
yes its ash. ash might have won us couple of games but if you put in the ratio to the number of games he played than there is no one close to him being ranked 1st
Old February 10, 2018, 08:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Imrul should still be the opening partner of TIK in ODIs. He should never play T20Is and tests.
Old February 10, 2018, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

That's what you took away from this game?

Sure I'll rather have Sarkar or groom Shanto

But imrul was far from the issue this test match
Old February 10, 2018, 08:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Because we dont have any alternative he ll keep finding his way back into all format lineups.

Never been a better to time to do a bit of clean slating. Honestly feel selection committee needs change, and new head coach, perhaps with some changes in specialized coaches.
Old February 10, 2018, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
That's what you took away from this game?

Sure I'll rather have Sarkar or groom Shanto

But imrul was far from the issue this test match
That's always the excuse. A passenger is never the main problem for he's just a passenger.

And for the past decade, Imrul has been nothing but a passenger. A free loader on the sh*tshow express.
Old February 10, 2018, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Yes imrul ain't the main issue this match but he has been a perennial failure in international cricket and his stats suggest so.

He is at his absolute peak and if he ain't scoring runs now he never will

Give chances to SS Mini Shanto Bijoy not this guy who don't perform

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 11, 2018, 06:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ziya

Kick all of them out. Bad investments
Old February 11, 2018, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
That's always the excuse. A passenger is never the main problem for he's just a passenger.

And for the past decade, Imrul has been nothing but a passenger. A free loader on the sh*tshow express.
You have guys who scored less than him, and guys like sabbir will never be as good as imrul in a test team, what did mahmadullah do in the match?

They should all get dropped, singling out imrul is ridiculous and not looking at the wider picture

We'll never be a good team with imrul, Ullah and sabbir in the team

At home I'd rather go

Tamim
Sarkar
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mossadek
Das
Mehedi
Taijul
Roy
Mustafizur

Old February 11, 2018, 12:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Yes drop Imrul.. that's fine. I am with you guys.

Drop young player like Litton? Ok I understand that.. I was kind of disappointed with his overall series.

But what about the other guys? Are you guys going to follow the same standard?

How about Tamim? Just one decent innings that's it. Worst than Litton
How about The pillar of Bangladesh batting, Mushfiq? What he have done this series?
The captain Riyad? Is he a bowler (who doesn't bowl anymore) or a batsman who can no longer score big innings? Or he is one of those deadwood captain?
Sabbir? Where you are hiding please stand up.
Momin? He had one good innings (like Litton) and that's it. btw have you seen his effort while getting run out? he is a young guy... not old guy like Razzak. Don't you expect better effort from him?
How come we get 2 run outs in one TEST innings where we barely crossed 100 runs?
Old February 11, 2018, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

We should just stop playing cricket.
Old February 11, 2018, 04:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Just open with liton in tests, in ODIs open with liton or soumya, in t20s there are heaps of options to try in anamul, soumya, mithun, heck even Afif Hossain has opened in some formats (joking, not suggesting opening with afif).

It’s hard to drop imrul because even though he edges a lot and doesn’t look the best he often is one of the only batsmen putting up any kind of fight, problem is he doesn’t cash in on it often and in general doesn’t score consistently.
Old February 11, 2018, 05:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
You have guys who scored less than him, and guys like sabbir will never be as good as imrul in a test team, what did mahmadullah do in the match?

They should all get dropped, singling out imrul is ridiculous and not looking at the wider picture

We'll never be a good team with imrul, Ullah and sabbir in the team

At home I'd rather go

Tamim
Sarkar
Mominul
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mossadek
Das
Mehedi
Taijul
Roy
Mustafizur
Who are you telling? I've been calling for Mullah's drop since 2015.

btw I agree with your XI.
Old February 11, 2018, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

What about away matches, we don't even have a decent team for that.
Old February 11, 2018, 06:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Imrul as a reserve batsman is fine. We just don't have anyone else I'm afraid.
Old February 12, 2018, 10:20 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Why Imrul, what has he done worse compared to other shuperstars??!
Old February 12, 2018, 11:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

Is Imrul Kayes a limited player? Yes he is, he is no talent like Tamim, Shakib, or Mushfiq.

But having said this, he has been a good ODI player. It was a mistake to choose him for tests and T20Is.

Per BD standard, his records in ODIs are pretty good. Look at his ODI innings list:

-Barring three innings, his record in last 15 ODI innings is good.

-Three circles indicate bad patches. In between these bad patches, according to numbers and BD standard, he has been a consistent performer

-Ungainly he might be, but even if he can score 20+ and Tamim fires, we are 45/0 after 10 overs in ODI, which is a good start for us.

So I am all for keeping him ODIs until we can find a replacement.

As for Soumya, he is the only one who can challenge Imrul, and has been a consistent performer except for last few ODIs:

Since we still don't have a no 3 in ODI, I prefer TIK Imrul opening combo followed by Soumya in no 3.
Old February 12, 2018, 04:50 PM
Cricket Sage

In this game lets see who did what:

- Tamaim = 4 & 2 = a grand Total of 6 runs
- Mushfiq = 1 & 25 = a grand Total of 26 runs
- Riyad = 17 & 6 = a grand total of 22 runs
- Imrul = 19 & 17 = a grand total of 36 runs
- Sabbir = 0 & 1 = a grand total of 1 run

then we have young players who also failed in a way
- Litton= 25 & 12 = total 37
- Momin= 0 & 33 = total 33

Why I lumped Sabbir with the senior players? because they wanted him instead of Mossadek.

Still you think young players are the only non performers?

How many tests do you think these 5 senior players played so far? (374 Test innings). It should be more than the whole Sri Lankan team. And still they collectively all failed in the same game?

is it too much to ask for the seniors to produce (at-least some of them) and guide the team? If all 5 fails at the same time for the whole game, do we really want these type of players as our leaders?

Is it time to at-least think about investing a little bit more on young players and see what they can and cannot do?

These five scored an average of 9 runs each and collectively scored a grand total of 91 runs in this test. Do you think theoretically speaking if you give Mossadek, Saif, Abul, Zakir and Afif (I am just randomly picking) would give you lesser than 91 runs collectively?

I think we are too easy with the senior players. We invested a lot (time and money) on them and we should demand more from them. They should lead the team like a real leader not like a slacker....if they cannot produce collectively...some of them need to step aside and let other young hungry players to fight for us.

Last edited by Fazal; February 12, 2018 at 08:52 PM..
Old February 12, 2018, 06:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
In this game lets see who did what:

- Tamaim = 4 & 2 = a grand Total of 6 runs
- Mushfiq = 1 & 25 = a grand Total of 26 runs
- Riyad = 17 & 6 = a grand total of 22 runs
- Imrul = 19 & 17 = a grand total of 36 runs
- Sabbir = 0 & 1 = a grand total of 1 run

then we have young players who also failed in a way
- Litton= 25 & 12 = total 37
- Momin= 0 & 33 = total 33

Why I lumped Sabbir with the senior players? because they wanted him instead of Mossadek.

Still you think young players are the non performers?

How many tests do you think these 5 senior players played so far? It should be more than the whole Srilankan team. And still they collectively all failed in the same game?

is it too much to ask for the seniors to produce (atleast some of them) and guide the team? If all 5 fails at the same time for the whole team, do we really want these type of players and our leaders?

is it time to atleast think about investing a little bit more on young players and see what they can and cannot do?

These five scored an average of 9 runs each and collectively scored 91 runs in this test. Do you think theoretically speaking if you give Mossadek, Saif, Abul, Zakir and Afif (I am just randomly peaking) would give you lesser than 91 runs collectively?

I think we are too easy with the senior players. We invested a lot on them and we should demad more from them. they should lead the team like a leader not like a slacker....if they cannot produce collectively...some of them need to step aside and let other young hungry players to fight for us.
This is a very solid post, didn’t even really think about this, all these seniors (I’ll excuse sabbir from being a senior player but it doesn’t change anything imo) failing in the same match. One of mushy, tamim, imrul and Riyad, one if not two if not three if not four should of performed in at least one innings.

Totally agree, so we want them as the leaders? Sure they’re better than ash was but they still aren’t up to par.

Imo tamim, shakib and mushy are acceptable (not that I think they are good leaders) these 3 can be the batting core, the other batting positions we need to invest in youngsters.

Mominul and liton should each get a spot, mosaddek has earned a run and I’d have shanto and maybe zakir as next in line after that.
Old February 12, 2018, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Saw thread title,laughed,wrote this comment and left.
Old February 12, 2018, 09:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Still you think young players are the non performers?
Senior players have been pulling more than their equal share of the load IMO. Lets have a look in the past 3 years from 1 Apr 2015 - after last World Cup:

Tamim-Mush-Shakib have scored 3432 Test runs and 4230 ODI runs.

Bangladesh has scored 8936 Test runs and 9140 ODI runs total.

So the big 3 have scored 38% of the team's Test runs and 46% of the ODI runs.

Now the Test numbers are a little low because Shakib missed 4 Tests vs SA and SL, Mushfiq missed 1 vs NZ, and Tamim has missed 1. Thats 12 combined innings - which would vastly add to the 38% of runs they scored.

Quote:
is it too much to ask for the seniors to produce (atleast some of them) and guide the team? If all 5 fails at the same time for the whole team, do we really want these type of players and our leaders?

is it time to atleast think about investing a little bit more on young players and see what they can and cannot do?

These five scored an average of 9 runs each and collectively scored 91 runs in this test. Do you think theoretically speaking if you give Mossadek, Saif, Abul, Zakir and Afif (I am just randomly peaking) would give you lesser than 91 runs collectively?

I think we are too easy with the senior players. We invested a lot on them and we should demad more from them. they should lead the team like a leader not like a slacker....if they cannot produce collectively...some of them need to step aside and let other young hungry players to fight for us.
But its been the younger players who have not had stellar form. Sabbir averages less than 30 in both formats despite playing a lot of games. Soumya started off with a bang and his Test form has been OK but not stellar. Mosaddek also has an OK average but he hasn't played enough games. Same with Liton. Miraz has a lot of potential with both bat and ball He has the ability to average 30+ with bat, who knows maybe even more.

Quote:
How many tests do you think these 5 senior players played so far? It should be more than the whole Srilankan team. And still they collectively all failed in the same game?
Last match playing XI head to head comparison in Test caps:

1) Karunarate (49) vs Tamim (54)
2) Mendis (24) vs Imrul (34)
3) De Silva (13) vs Mominul (27)
4) Chandimal (46) vs Mushy (60)
5) Roshen (3) vs Liton (8)
6) Dickwella (17) vs Riyad (37)
7) Perera (27) vs Sabbir (11)
8) Herath (89) vs Miraz (12)
9) Akila (1) vs Razzak (13)
10) Lakmal (44) vs Fizz (10)
11) Gunathilaka (2) vs Taijul (18)

Total caps BD (284)
Total caps SL (315)

SL actuallly had more experience in terms of caps. Now you might argue thats because of Herath as an outlier. So if you take the top capped players from each side (Mushy and Herath):

The difference is 39 caps and puts BD ahead by about 8 caps. Thats not a huge difference - not even 1 match per player.

Basic rule of statistics is that in small sample sizes, as in this case of just n = 11, the mean is easily skewed by outliers like Herath, ergo the median is a more accurate representation of central tendency. So now you can look at median player cap in which case it is:

Taijul - 18 caps
Mendis - 24 caps

Again virtually the same, and actually SL being 6 more Tests experienced.

What is evident, is that Bangladesh has a bimodal distribution of experience: top 5 guys have 60, 54, 37, 34, and 27 caps while the bottom 5 have 13, 12, 11, 10, and 8.

With Shakib in, we would replace the 8 caps with 51. But as we all know, Shak didn't end up playing.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 12, 2018, 09:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Senior players have been pulling more than their equal share of the load IMO. Lets have a look in the past 3 years from 1 Apr 2015 - after last World Cup:
Why arbitrarily talking about 3 years? Why not take their life time? Or why not this series or last two series?

Also its not the big 3 who are the only seniors in the team. There are other senior players. For example, last TEST there were 5 senior players.