facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old April 28, 2018, 11:12 PM
mishu's Avatar
mishu mishu is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: montreal,Canada
Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an
Posts: 457
Default Need to get rid of these pppl

http://www.bdcrictime.com/2018/04/it...would-do-well/

so pescimistic people need to be out!! Especially politicians!
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old April 29, 2018, 06:31 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 3,672

He hardly said anything false. Kick out for speaking the truth? If one can't point finger at themselves to fix the issue, how would that person evolve into something better?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old April 29, 2018, 07:06 PM
Tausif's Avatar
Tausif Tausif is offline
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 9, 2015
Location: Gotham City
Favorite Player: Fizz
Posts: 3,227

Yeah I don't have a problem with what he said. I like what he said about having good players and good team and that as a team we are not prepared yet. But how can we prepare Papon if we don't have a head coach yet?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old April 29, 2018, 11:12 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,089

Bangladesh needs solutions at the grassroots level. a Pace Academy and a Batting Academy where we can churn out players like Virat Kohli and deadly fast bowlers with proper bowling technique. Until and unless these grassroots issues are resolved, it will always be the same old story. Proper coaching and loads of A team tours are required to bridge the gap between domestic cricket and international cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old April 29, 2018, 11:34 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,635

Who ever thinks Bangladesh is a good team, and on the level of England,Australia,SA,NZ,India

Are smoking some serious ****.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old April 30, 2018, 12:49 AM
mishu's Avatar
mishu mishu is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: montreal,Canada
Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an
Posts: 457

But don’t you guys think we are at this level because of them. It’s easy to say our players are not good enough, but what are you doing about it...?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old April 30, 2018, 08:04 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,701

Two things here. Papon didn't state anything false

But also he is doing absolute **** about improving our cricket

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old April 30, 2018, 09:48 AM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,096

"Whoever plays well in the particular day will win.”

Wow I had no idea this was the case. Thank you for your keen insights oh honorable BCB Chief!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old April 30, 2018, 09:39 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 31,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
"Whoever plays well in the particular day will win.”

Wow I had no idea this was the case. Thank you for your keen insights oh honorable BCB Chief!
The word "consistency" is not in his vocabulary. It is still taped up with "jodi laigga jai" Eid innings. Many here shares his feelings as well.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 1, 2018, 02:29 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 3,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishu
But don’t you guys think we are at this level because of them. It’s easy to say our players are not good enough, but what are you doing about it...?
You are not making any sense. Infact your first statement "so pescimistic people need to be out!! Especially politicians!" Has nothing to do with what you are saying right now. What exactly is your argument here?

Also what do you mean by what are we doing about it? Why would we need to do anything about this? Not like we are getting paid a salary to manage a crappy team with couple of performers.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 1, 2018, 10:16 AM
mishu's Avatar
mishu mishu is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 23, 2007
Location: montreal,Canada
Favorite Player: $hakib Al Ha$an
Posts: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
You are not making any sense. Infact your first statement "so pescimistic people need to be out!! Especially politicians!" Has nothing to do with what you are saying right now. What exactly is your argument here?

Also what do you mean by what are we doing about it? Why would we need to do anything about this? Not like we are getting paid a salary to manage a crappy team with couple of performers.
My argument is simple, in sports you can not be pescimistic, yes there are always better teams and we have see in all sports underdogs doing well. And even the level we are at now is not our players fault, we have seen many times good players being left out and others not properly guided because of these politicians who doesn’t even show confidence in our players.
Why we need to do something? Because we care for our team and don’t need salary to care for them. We can create pressure to demand they make changes and remove politics from sports and pescimistic attitude from Bangladesh players and boards.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 1, 2018, 05:20 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 4,997

It is not in BCB's mission statement to try to win. I covered this already in another thread.

Cricket is only for entertainment purposes in Bd. So don't expect anything. Next season will begin with the same old actors very soon. Please don't forget to give many likes on the actors' Instagram pages. They work very hard to perform according to the script.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 1, 2018, 07:17 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,232

I read it twice and couldn't find anything wrong about the statement... I guess I am below average
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 2, 2018, 03:08 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 3,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishu
My argument is simple, in sports you can not be pescimistic, yes there are always better teams and we have see in all sports underdogs doing well. And even the level we are at now is not our players fault, we have seen many times good players being left out and others not properly guided because of these politicians who doesn’t even show confidence in our players.
Why we need to do something? Because we care for our team and don’t need salary to care for them. We can create pressure to demand they make changes and remove politics from sports and pescimistic attitude from Bangladesh players and boards.
As I mentioned previously, if you are not able to stand up and point towards your weaknesses, you're never going to get better at anything, be it sports, work, relationship, etc. That's just common sense. No point on pu**y footing around about actual facts. Our team is mediocore at best. It's the usual 3-4 guys that always wins us the game. Take those names out, we will be lucky to scrape a win against teams like Nepal.

Not our players fault you say? Its definitely their fault (most of the time) when they don't perform after getting selected. Just take Nasir as an example, got a golden opportunity to seal his spot for the next upcoming tours but threw it out with crappy performances in the matches which mattered, not some Dhaka league games. Even reports of various players suggests that some of these guys goes to practice/training for the sake of showing up. There was a reason why Haruti was a pain the arse for a lot of these guys, cause he didn't like those kind of BS.

Also make changes on the basis of pressure... good one. I would definitely love to hear about your plan on how that actually would work out.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 2, 2018, 01:55 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
As I mentioned previously, if you are not able to stand up and point towards your weaknesses, you're never going to get better at anything, be it sports, work, relationship, etc. That's just common sense. No point on pu**y footing around about actual facts. Our team is mediocore at best. It's the usual 3-4 guys that always wins us the game. Take those names out, we will be lucky to scrape a win against teams like Nepal.

Not our players fault you say? Its definitely their fault (most of the time) when they don't perform after getting selected. Just take Nasir as an example, got a golden opportunity to seal his spot for the next upcoming tours but threw it out with crappy performances in the matches which mattered, not some Dhaka league games. Even reports of various players suggests that some of these guys goes to practice/training for the sake of showing up. There was a reason why Haruti was a pain the arse for a lot of these guys, cause he didn't like those kind of BS.

Also make changes on the basis of pressure... good one. I would definitely love to hear about your plan on how that actually would work out.
I agree... even though our board and coaching staff arent the most competent, our players are the least passionate and least driven to work towards improving their game. Our players dont represent the passion we have of the game barring a few players. Our board still got more check marks then our players
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old May 29, 2018, 09:17 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 18,180

Hmmm... so should get rid of him now or after the AFG series? What you say?
__________________
"Make Bangladesh Cricket Great Again"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket