facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 11, 2018, 05:34 AM
i_am_ringo's Avatar
i_am_ringo i_am_ringo is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 13, 2018
Location: California
Favorite Player: sarkar
Posts: 143
Default The best is yet to come

As we convincingly enter the post peak years of Tamim/ shakib/ mushfiq, I like to first thank this generation for showing Bangladesh what is possible in this modern world for a cricketer as a sports personality.

I do not consider consider the akram/ bulbul/ pilot generation a professional unit as they were just beginning to put together something.

But the future my friends is bright. More parents are willing to gear a dedicated sports minded teenager to the ultimate goal. As more affluence and resources go towards cricket, more strong minded individuals will come forth.


Until we find 11 strong minded ones. They will be the golden generation. They will one day take us to the promised land. It’s sfill a good 10 years away.

I will see the day Bangladesh lifts THE cup. So will you. Keep your faith. That day will come. Our love will bring that day. It will be you it will be me and it will be the victory of our spirit.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old July 11, 2018, 05:40 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

Ringu bhaya, Apni ekti Daroon koth bolesen. Hmai apnar sathe ekmot achi.
Sundor diinguli Odur digonte opekkha korche hamader jonno, Insh Allah!
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 11, 2018, 07:39 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

I said it before and I am saying it again. Bangladesh will not win THE cup in any of this forum member's lifetime. you will be lucky if you see Bangladesh lift an Ice cream cup before you die

Reference: 20+ years of watching and suffering
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 11, 2018, 08:22 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

The Bangladesh cricket best has already arrived - BD women's team.
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 11, 2018, 08:39 AM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,688

when will it come? been waiting for decades. ar parbo nah. i don't mind being patient if the trajectory was encouraging. but this is downward spiral.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 11, 2018, 08:42 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

the thread title should be the worst is yet to come. bookmark this post OP
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 11, 2018, 08:46 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

Sunoon bhaiyera o Bonera....Allah bolesen Bipode Dhoirjo dharon kortey!
Good things come to those who wait...
Sobur koren apnara...Sobur-e Meowa Fruit fole!
Mishti kothai Cheera bhijey!
__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 11, 2018, 10:17 AM
Yankees Yankees is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 2,906

I agree with ringo. We will lift THE cup. But only because cricket isn't a competitive sport. with onnly 8 competitive teams, the cup is bound to fall on our laps eventually. Just need NZ, SA, and ENG to continue to lose interest in this sport and the road becomes easier.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 11, 2018, 10:19 AM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 8,870

^ Makes no difference, those teams don't even lift the cup ever, let alone once
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 11, 2018, 10:20 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,546

The chances of Australia getting to QFs or Semis in the world cup is higher than BD winning the ICC CWC

Now that's saying something.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 11, 2018, 10:26 AM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello
Posts: 25,000

Com'om Sonnies...If I can do it, Insh Allah someday you will too!

__________________
God bless Ingrid Newkirk, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand & Mitch Landrieu!
twitter.com/bujheekom
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 11, 2018, 10:33 AM
Yankees Yankees is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 2,906

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
^ Makes no difference, those teams don't even lift the cup ever, let alone once
when india won in 1983, only the Windies were a good team. Even Australia wasn't the dominant force they would go on to become. All it takes is get to the finals and anything can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 11, 2018, 11:40 AM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,306

I agree with OP. Best is yet to come. Shakib will retire. Till that guy is there, we will continue seeing players taking vacation before an important series. Yes, Best is yet to come
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 11, 2018, 12:09 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,688

looks like shakib is villain number one now. how the mighty has fallen. I really thought he would be our imran khan / kapil dev / ranatunga...that was a loooong time ago.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 11, 2018, 12:16 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
looks like shakib is villain number one now. how the mighty has fallen. I really thought he would be our imran khan / kapil dev / ranatunga...that was a loooong time ago.
dont put him in the same sentence as ranatunga please
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old July 11, 2018, 12:17 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 25,192

The thing is that it doesn't look like there is a smooth transition into semi-seniority.

After the core-four, there is no one else (besides Mominul) who is really a mainstay. The lack of this has proven to be most critical in Bangladesh's downslide in the recent past.

We all want to see the team do well.
Tamim, instead of saying that the team wants to draw inspiration from Nurul (Newbie), he should have added, 'the biggest inspiration to BD men's team is the Women's team'.

The road to the top only gets steeper. This is not a bad time to pause and self-evaluate. Revive.

Get back up on the trail. Rankings are on the line.
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old July 11, 2018, 12:18 PM
Yankees Yankees is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 2,906

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
looks like shakib is villain number one now. how the mighty has fallen. I really thought he would be our imran khan / kapil dev / ranatunga...that was a loooong time ago.
that's kinda the problem. When you are the main guy, fans expect the world from you. He's simultaneously expected to be our best bat, bowler, role model, ambassador, and captain the team. While his so-called co-senior goes blameless.

It's a good life lesson. Don't try to be the main guy. Instead be the guy that goes under the radar like Mullah. When he does something, it's a wonderful surprise and remembered for years to come.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old July 11, 2018, 12:18 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
I agree with OP. Best is yet to come. Shakib will retire. Till that guy is there, we will continue seeing players taking vacation before an important series. Yes, Best is yet to come
nothing will come. shakib will retire but his spawns sabbir nasir etc will be there. These luichas are half the player shakib is with twice the luichami

and people still hope best is yet to come. 2015 is the best you are going to get in your lifetime. best came, than took a **** and went away
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old July 11, 2018, 12:28 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
that's kinda the problem. When you are the main guy, fans expect the world from you. He's simultaneously expected to be our best bat, bowler, role model, ambassador, and captain the team. While his so-called co-senior goes blameless.

It's a good life lesson. Don't try to be the main guy. Instead be the guy that goes under the radar like Mullah. When he does something, it's a wonderful surprise and remembered for years to come.
he is still probably the best bat and bowler. but he isn't helping himself with off field antics. out of the seniors he probably has the worst work ethic and sets up a bad culture. not saying mushy/riyad/tamim are perfect role models but the expectation is higher for shakib.

and he enjoyed the most fame out of all them too.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old July 11, 2018, 12:52 PM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: AWACS
Favorite Player: Ziya
Posts: 1,245

Ar koto 10 years wait korbo ?
Best came and went. Now, we are heading back to pre-ICC trophy days
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old July 11, 2018, 01:36 PM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 1,153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
that's kinda the problem. When you are the main guy, fans expect the world from you. He's simultaneously expected to be our best bat, bowler, role model, ambassador, and captain the team. While his so-called co-senior goes blameless.

It's a good life lesson. Don't try to be the main guy. Instead be the guy that goes under the radar like Mullah. When he does something, it's a wonderful surprise and remembered for years to come.
Shakib Fanboy alert , even if Shakib goes to jail his fanboys will claim he should be released because nobody else can win a match for BD.

Maybe you should watch more cricket than baseball , in all of Bangladesh's wins every player had a contribution without which we would not have won a single game, it was never Shakib only, and it is a widely accepted fact he is a terrible role model and captain no matter how good he is and he is no Imran Khan or Kapil Dev as a player , just a big fish (with poor attitude) in a small pond and fans who put him on a pedestal has got to his head and made him the lazy , demotivated player as well captain today, a poor example for the rest of the youngsters and players in the country
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old July 11, 2018, 02:41 PM
Yankees Yankees is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 2,906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Shakib Fanboy alert , even if Shakib goes to jail his fanboys will claim he should be released because nobody else can win a match for BD.

Maybe you should watch more cricket than baseball , in all of Bangladesh's wins every player had a contribution without which we would not have won a single game, it was never Shakib only, and it is a widely accepted fact he is a terrible role model and captain no matter how good he is and he is no Imran Khan or Kapil Dev as a player , just a big fish (with poor attitude) in a small pond and fans who put him on a pedestal has got to his head and made him the lazy , demotivated player as well captain today, a poor example for the rest of the youngsters and players in the country
when did I deny he doesn't have a poor attitude? do you have any proof or are you still bitter from before?

Who's comparing him to Imran and Kapil? Would genuinely like to know, because it seems your grasping at straws kid. Nothing I've said is wrong. Are you denying that he isn't expected to be our best bat and ball? do YOU watch cricket?

I don't need to defend Shakib, he is who is he - a rude, egomaniac illiterate, who is also the greatest player BD has produced. But that's not yet, you're just a mullah apologist who feels he needs to "get one back" - even if it means you need to pull it out of your a$$.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old July 11, 2018, 05:22 PM
tejkuni tejkuni is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 20, 2009
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim
Posts: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
As we convincingly enter the post peak years of Tamim/ shakib/ mushfiq, I like to first thank this generation for showing Bangladesh what is possible in this modern world for a cricketer as a sports personality.

I do not consider consider the akram/ bulbul/ pilot generation a professional unit as they were just beginning to put together something.

But the future my friends is bright. More parents are willing to gear a dedicated sports minded teenager to the ultimate goal. As more affluence and resources go towards cricket, more strong minded individuals will come forth.


Until we find 11 strong minded ones. They will be the golden generation. They will one day take us to the promised land. It’s sfill a good 10 years away.

I will see the day Bangladesh lifts THE cup. So will you. Keep your faith. That day will come. Our love will bring that day. It will be you it will be me and it will be the victory of our spirit.

I agree. This group has already given me immense happiness. From beating India in 2007, winning series against all great teams, Going to the QF of WC, Semi final of Champions Trophy, finals of Asia Cup, occupying the top all rounder position for several years, etc. etc are great achievements. Other than Dr. Yunus and probably Niaz Morshed, BRAC, & Garment industry, no other person or group or institution have given BD so much dignity. I am very grateful to them.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old July 11, 2018, 05:26 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 25,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
I agree. This group has already given me immense happiness. From beating India in 2007, winning series against all great teams, Going to the QF of WC, Semi final of Champions Trophy, finals of Asia Cup, occupying the top all rounder position for several years, etc. etc are great achievements. Other than Dr. Yunus and probably Niaz Morshed, BRAC, & Garment industry, no other person or group or institution have given BD so much dignity. I am very grateful to them.
The sarcasm here. Oops, oozing.
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old July 11, 2018, 08:06 PM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,546

It seems many people have woken up to see what the so called best player of Bangladesh truly is. Like I said it before, Bangladesh will get know where it Shakib in the side/captaincy, this GENERATION will NOT be our golden generation.

People laughed when I petitioned him to be dropped, guess its not so funny now is it.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket