facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 4, 2004, 10:10 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Very Proud of Bangladesh Cricket

Even though Bangladesh has been my second favourite team for a while I was staunchly against the idea of allowing them to be admitted into test cricket because they were just not ready.

True enough they suffered a humiliating string of losses. As the losing streak grew longer I really began to wonder if the future generations of Bangladeshi cricket fans would be turned off by the sport forever. I sent Jagmohan Dalmiya a very strongly worded letter and said I held him responsible for the Bangladesh cricket team's humiliation. I am not sure whether he got it or not because he never responded

Anyways, the arrival of Dav Whatmore signalled that a change was taking place when the cricket team toured Australia. The team may have lost by an innings in each game but they fought hard and made Australia work for their victories.

The tour to Pakistan also resulted in a clean sweep for the Pakistani team in both tests and ODIs but with a little bit of luck Bangladesh may have won at least one test and one ODI. It was not meant to be but the Bangladeshi cricket team looked better and better with each game

The England series was a huge disappointment because the team and its fans thought that after their brilliant show abroad they could turn the tables on England who are notoriously poor tourists. England have found a new steel under the leadership of Vaughn and they trounced what I thought was an overconfident Bangladeshi side

It was back to the drawing board for Whatmore and what a marvellous improvement we have seen in the cricket team especially in the fundamental and mental aspects of the game. This was first proved in the tightly fought ODI series and then in the first test where Bangladesh not only got a first innings lead but also ground a very honorable draw and now in the second test with the team making West Indies sweat for every wicket. Some more sustained performances like this and pretty soon Bangladesh will be a force to be reckoned with in the none too distant future. I say they will qualify for the second of the 2007 World Cup

Rajin Saleh, Habib-ul-Bashar and Mohammaed Rafique are my favorite players for their incredible courage and fighting spirit

Congratulations to the Bangladesh cricket fans on your team's fighting performances
Old June 4, 2004, 10:22 PM
Retired BC Admin

Dear shariq

Welcome to banglacricket.
Thank you for the wonderful summary. Your passionate yet vivid depiction on tiger's progress is a master piece.

May we publish it in our front page as an article? Thank you very much.
Old June 4, 2004, 10:31 PM
Street Cricketer

It's a pretty ordinary write-up - there are several articles on this forum that are far more front page worthy than this. But feel free to do as you like. Thanks

Shariq

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Dear shariq

Welcome to banglacricket.
Thank you for the wonderful summary. Your passionate yet vivid depiction on tiger's progress is a master piece.

May we publish it in our front page as an article? Thank you very much.
Old June 4, 2004, 10:35 PM
Retired BC Admin

Dear shariq

Thank you very much for your kind permission.

Please check your u2u from the upper right hand corner of any forum page. You may need to log in and refresh the page to see the u2u.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by chinaman]
Old June 4, 2004, 10:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thanx Shariq!Hope BD cricket bring more fun for cricket lover all over the world.
Old June 4, 2004, 10:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

Good to see such reactions. The serious fans have had a long and difficult journey with our team. But it is heart warming to see that faith in our team was not blind faith at all, but that others are recognizing the talent and ability that is prevalent in Bangladesh