Hannan = Gavaskar
His first ball duck to PT Collins is memorable for many reasons. Many thanks to Aslam who posted this onc rsc.
1. There are only 20 batsmen who were out first ball of a test match.
2. Gavaskar is the only one along with Hannan to have done this more than once. In fact, Gavaskar did this 3 times.
3. Hannan has the dubious honor being done to by the same bowler.
Here is the full list from Aslam's post
AC MacLaren Eng v Aus Melbourne(2) 1894-95 A Conningham
TW Hayward Eng v SAf Oval 1907 AEE Vogler
W Bardsley Aus v Eng Leeds 1926 MW Tate
H Sutcliffe Eng v NZ Christchurch 1932-33 FT Badcock
TS Worthington Eng v Aus Brisbane 1936-37 EL McCormick
CC Hunte WI v Pak Port-of-Spain(5)1957-58 Fazal Mahmood
EJ Barlow SAf v Aus Durban 1966-67 GD McKenzie
RC Fredricks WI v Ind Port-of-Spain(2)1970-71 S Abid Ali
KR Stackpole Aus v NZ Auckland 1973-74 RJ Hadlee
SM Gavaskar Ind v Eng Birmingham 1974 GG Arnold
SS Naik Ind v WI Calcutta 1974-75 AME Roberts
JFM Morrison NZ v Eng Christchurch 1974-75 GG Arnold
Mohsin Khan Pak v Ind Jullundar 1983-84 Kapil Dev
SM Gavaskar Ind v WI Calcutta 1983-84 MD Marshall
SM Gavaskar Ind v Pak Jaipur 1986-87 Imran Khan
WV Raman Ind v NZ Napier 1989-90 RJ Hadlee
SJ Cook SAf v Ind Durban 1992-93 Kapil Dev
G Kirsten SAf v WI Cape Town 1998-99 CEL Ambrose
ST Jayasuriya SL v Aus Galle 1999-00 GD McGrath
LV Garrick WI v SAf Kingston 2000-01 AA Donald
SS Das Ind v WI Bridgetown 2001-02 M Dillon
Hannan Sarkar BD v WI Dhaka 2002-03 PT Collins
Hannan Sarkar BD v WI Gros Islet 2004 PT Collins
1. Conningham was bowling his first ball in the Tests.
2. The first ball ever bowled at Jullundar and Jaipur resulted in a
3. Cook and Garrrick were making their Test debuts.
4. Gavaskar and Sarkar are the only batsmen to suffer this ignominy
more than once.
5. Hadlee, Arnold, Kapil and Collins are the only bowlers to achieve
this feat twice.