facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 2, 2004, 05:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Default bd will lose all the matches in asia cup

most likely bd will lose all da matches ,if dey cn even beat hong kong dey r lucky enough.

Old July 2, 2004, 05:52 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

dont give up hope so soon enough. i can understand if u said that bd wont beat ind/pak/sl, but bd wont beat hong kong ???

hong kong r well below intl standard even among associate teams. they couldnt even make the 2nd round of the asia cup 2004 and lost to even oman and bahrain. even afghanistan came close to beating hong kong losing by just 12 runs.

if bd lose to hong kong (very impossible though), then bd would rank equal to afghanistan.
Old July 2, 2004, 05:56 AM
Club Cricketer

man i dun wanna get my hopes high
i remember wot happened with canada in da world cup.
you can never trust bd
Old July 2, 2004, 06:25 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

man, hk r worse than canada.

if it were uae v bd, then i could understand bd fears of losing, but with hk, there is no fear of bd.

u all should instead fear for hk fate in the match as i dont expect them to cross 150 even and if bd bat 1st, i dont expect bd to make less than 300.
Old July 2, 2004, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

Quote:
Originally posted by chowdhurynaheed
most likely bd will lose all da matches ,if dey cn even beat hong kong dey r lucky enough.
these kind of comments just piss me off so badly.

do u know anthing of the BD team under Dav whatmore? This team has come along way and i CAN GUARANTEE we will win against Hong Kong. Do u know any of the players that play for hong kong? these are amateaurs and this time they will BE the WHIPPING BOYS!

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by Huda]
Old July 2, 2004, 09:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Quote:

There are some people is this board who has no idea about cricket.

Hong Kong came to BD several times, they are not good at all. Any first division team (not even premier league team), will beat them easily.
Old July 2, 2004, 09:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Huda
Quote:

do u know anthign of the BD team under Dav whatmore? This team has coem along way and i CAN GUARANTEE we will win against Hong Kong. Do u know any of the players that paly for hong kong? these are amateaurs and we this time they will BE the WHIPPING BOYS!
I can't agree with you more. The reason we are at the bottom as a nation because we do not have any self-confidence and we just don't know how to believe in ourselves. Let's change this culture of feeling inferior all the time. We will not only beat Hong Kong and I really think this time we will beat one of the test teams as well. Go Tigers.
Old July 2, 2004, 09:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Huda
Quote:

do u know anthign of the BD team under Dav whatmore? This team has coem along way and i CAN GUARANTEE we will win against Hong Kong. Do u know any of the players that paly for hong kong? these are amateaurs and we this time they will BE the WHIPPING BOYS!
I can't agree with you more. The reason we are at the bottom as a nation because we do not have any self-confidence and we just don't know how to believe in ourselves. Let's change this culture of feeling inferior all the time. We will not only beat Hong Kong and I really think this time we will beat one of the test teams as well. Go Tigers.
Old July 2, 2004, 10:05 AM
Club Cricketer

Default CONFIDENT TIGERS

Bangladesh look very positive ahead of this Asia Cup especially with Bashar and Whatmore. They even arrived in SL 2 weeks b4, so they must be CONFIDENT.
I won't be surprised if we play in the FINAL. You never know especially in sub continent conditions. So let us the TRUE SUPPORTERS be confident and believe in our team. Were closer than you think to our first Major win. ALL THE BEST TO THE TIGERS
Old July 2, 2004, 10:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Screw King kong. I want to beat Pakistan.
Old July 2, 2004, 11:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:

mite tigers r confident enough to win match, juz wait for few dayz n b patience.....
Old July 2, 2004, 12:05 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

keeping in mind the canada disaster, i can't garantee anything. there is no way to tell, even with the whatmore factor and all that.

bd should have been easily beat canada, does not matter what. we can only hope for the best. i'm expecting at least two win in this asia cup.
Old July 2, 2004, 03:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default not a chance of loss to HK

people mention the now infamous canada game...that was different. the team was in disray, our coach was more like a couch, and the players were probably more confident performing emergency surgery than playing cricket. we were in horrible form when we lost that game.

now we are putting up good performances repeatedly in ODIs, i would say we have played 5 good ODIs in the last 6. at that time a good game for us was rare, now it is the norm, tho we still lose.

furthermore, bashar is very upbeat about the asia cup, not just about HK. confidence is the key: remember 90% of sports is from the neck up. as far as i understand cricket is a sport (as well as an insect and a cell phone).

we cannot take HK lightly and throw our wickets away, at the same time our players should not doubt the result of the match at all.
Old July 2, 2004, 03:08 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by al Furqaan
our coach was more like a couch
LOL. well said.
Old July 2, 2004, 08:26 PM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

chowdhury naheed,

bd is improving up with whatmore and now the aim for bd is to beat test nations. teams like uae, canada, hk and all have become pieces of cake for bd now.

there is a lot of difference since the wc and now. dont forget that bd did beat kzn(a team well-stronger than canada) in the wc warm-ups and that too chasing 250+. this shows that bd did have talent, but however bd one of the worst coaches coaching them.

now, bd has one of the best coaches coaching them. bd talent has been recognised. bd is going to asia cup with the aim of beating hk and also aiming for a win against a test team.

beating hk will be a piece of cake for bd.
Old July 2, 2004, 08:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Default chowd. nayeem and amit

I think you guys will learn from me...
and now i see how much i was irritating to other ppl in this board...over here true BD fans came from all corner of the world to share their great moments and joy ...they stay here from the start of the game to the end following each and every ball ...thus sacrificing their job, duties, work, studies, and family. Even I was one of the "culprit" like our rival teams each time trying to "defeat" the morals of these truehearted fans of BD using my words and attitudes. So, I would recommend you guys if you can leave these fans alone over here so that they can atleast share in their happeist moment. If I can stop annoying and hurting them also you can do the same. Our attacks and tortures with words can be applied to diff place not in this place where all BD tigers and fans hold the spirit of being true BD supporters and stay stand still even the downfall comes.
Please learn from me. I made lot of hursh comments but it just backfired to me.
Old July 2, 2004, 09:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default SS bhai, why the change of heart?

im just wondering...besides i knew as did others that u were just as die-hard a BD fan as the rest of us. i think you just acted pessimistically so as not to be dissappointed if/when BD lost.

i must admit ur comments were annoying, but now i have come to accept them just as i do my own thoughts since you are a BD fan at least as hard core as myself.

so im just wondering why you changed? is it because of BDs improvements that you now are filled with hope? why???