facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 1, 2004, 10:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default And our next best Pacers...

Just came to mind if we could hav a similar thread on our Next Best Pacers as well. There r quite a few very promising young new players rising.

If we consider Mashree & Tapash as already-established-seniors.. then the follwing might be takes as Future-prospects:

1. Tareq Aziz
2. Shahadat
3. Talha Jubair

there are several other younger ones and all of them r showing their high grade of potentiality at times..
Who do you people think will work their way through tough conditions of international matches and become real big strike bowlers in the near future??

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by crickethorizon]

Old July 1, 2004, 12:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

according to maccins shadat will b the best, lets c!
Old July 1, 2004, 12:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

What's their Bowling Speed?
Old July 1, 2004, 12:38 PM
First Class Cricketer

i think bowlin speed doesnt metter to become a good bowler, it s depends on quality, consistency, skills, n xperience. i thnk most of the worlds best bowlers doesnt rely on speed all the time......
Old July 1, 2004, 01:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

speed (pace)
+
Accuracy (line & length)
+
Variation (ability to swing the ball or vary its bounce/pace)
+
Good Strike Rate (wicket taking ability)
+
Fitness/Physic
+
Consistancy, Commitment & aggression!

everything is important to become a prime fast bowler..
Old July 1, 2004, 01:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by 200SX
i think bowlin speed doesnt metter to become a good bowler, it s depends on quality, consistency, skills, n xperience. i thnk most of the worlds best bowlers doesnt rely on speed all the time......
The very first criteria of a "Pace" bowler is speed. But yes - criteria for a "GOOD Pace Bowler" is Speed, Consistency, Line, Lenght, Swing and what not.

Anyway I am just curious if anyone knows of how fast these bowlers are...

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by crazyisland]
Old July 1, 2004, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i dunno how fast they are for sure...

...tareq is a senior so he's prolly around 80 mph max (about 130 kph)...shahadat is supposed to be the fastest under 19, someone said that he got up to 94 mph (150+ kph)...and someone at cricinfo said that talha has the potential to bowl at around 90 mph (145 kph).
Old July 1, 2004, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by 200SX
Young quick bowlers need to be quick. The rest can come later, but if you dont have speed at the start, you'll never get it later.

Line, length, off cutters, swing - that all can be learned. But pure, raw unadulterated speed is to be prized first second and third in a young fast bowler.
Old July 1, 2004, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

I've never seen Tareq bowl on TV...only from the stands at mid-wicket so I couldn't really tell how much he was moving it but he bowled Peter Worthington with a good yorker...i'd say bowls between 130-135
Old July 1, 2004, 11:18 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

the only thing u need to become a good fast bowler is speed.

if u can have natural raw speed, everything else can be developed from there through proper training.

tareq aziz: crap. he'll never go any higher than he already is.
shahadat: all depends on how he is created. could possible be the first ever fast bowler dou with masri
talha: need training as well. might become another tapash at his best. never a masri.
Old July 2, 2004, 02:09 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by IanW
Young quick bowlers need to be quick. The rest can come later, but if you dont have speed at the start, you'll never get it later.
very much true..
It's RAW SPEED(mentioned well by AgentSmith) that can't be learnt, it has to be found (the talent) and then shaped into 'controlled wicket-taking spells'.

what r the names and performances of our coming junior players?(U-15, U-13) can anyone present info about them pls?

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by crickethorizon]
Old July 2, 2004, 01:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

What's the minimum speed to have to be called "fast" bowler in international cricket? Is it 85mph? I don't think below 85 is considered fast.
Old July 2, 2004, 02:34 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

i think the range goes kinda like this in mph scale:

90+ : fast
85-90: fast medium
80-85: medium fast

unfortunately, most of the bd bowler used to fall in the last group. its only very recently that we started to bowl in the second group and so far only masri and shahadat (unofficially) broke past this range. tapash bowled at 142 km/hr or so in WI. which transitale to 89.3 mph. he just need some more practice and try to be able to called fast bowler.

we do not have many, but at least we have some. i'm not sure about talha and sharif's speed. but tareq aziz and alamgir kabir are not in the upper range of fast medium.
Old July 2, 2004, 03:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default difference?

so there is a difference between medium fast and fast medium? i did not know that...stupid american
Old July 3, 2004, 08:52 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Shahadat\'s profile - Wisden overview

The 2004 Under-19 World Cup was a tournament that lacked firepower, although Bangladesh's Shahadat Hossain Rajib was a notable and extremely welcome exception. He was discovered during a talent-spotting camp in Narayanganj and whisked away to the Bangladesh Institute of Sports (BKSP) for refinement, and after being given his first international exposure during the tournament, he was rapidly called up for the Bangladesh A team. Shahadat has all the necessary attributes for a genuine fast bowler. He is tall, comes in off a smooth run-up, and doesn't put unnecessary pressure on his body with his slightly open-chested angular delivery position. He has a strong frame and endurance in abundance. He is naturally aggressive and above everything, has raw pace. If he maintains his development, he could be a godsend for Bangladesh in the coming years.

By Rabeed Imam
Old July 3, 2004, 08:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Talha needs to add muscles

A genuine fast-bowling prospect, Talha Jubair made rapid progress up the junior ranks and made his Test debut for Bangladesh when not even 17. Though of small build, Talha can work up good pace and has an aggressive attitude. Andy Roberts, Bangladesh’s bowling coach in the 2001-02 season, rates him highly and reckons that he can touch the 90mph mark consistently, if he adds muscle to his wiry frame.

TESTS
(including 16/12/2002)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 6 12 6 21 5* 3.50 29.16 0 0 0 0

O M R W Ave BBI 5 10 SR Econ
Bowling 162.4 20 676 14 48.28 3-135 0 0 69.7 4.15
Old July 10, 2004, 04:06 PM
Street Cricketer

Remember......it was Rabeed Imam who introduced us to Shahadat.............the man must be complimented for that
Old July 11, 2004, 10:56 AM
Banned

"shahadat is supposed to be the fastest under 19, someone said that he got up to 94 mph (150+ kph)"

looks a great potential. he should be groomed properly.

BTW, ali imran pasha was also very quick in the under 19 tournament. well over 90mph.

secondly they werent any speed guns.
Old July 11, 2004, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

No, Shahadat was reported to have reached a highest speed of 147 kph. However, pace is of no use unless it is matched with the ability to control line, length and movement.

Personally, I did find Sharif and Talha quite impressive, but honestly speaking, I don't think they can actually trouble batsmen too much. The only bowler with the ability to trouble batsmen with pace and accuracy that Bangladesh have produced is Mashrafe...but then something must really be done with his injury problem. Every time he comes back, he seems to have lost flare.
Old July 11, 2004, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

What about Nazmul Hossain? he had an excellent under U-19 world cup as well.

Why can't he be considered as our next best pacer? He was second best to Enamul Haque jnr

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by rassel]