facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2004, 08:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Has Tendulkar won an ODI single handedly?

Hi guys

I dont know if the forum has discussed this earlier or not, but I was wondering if anyone could provide me with info of any ODI match that Sachin Tendulkar has won single handedly by carrying his bat to the end chasing a target? I know of numerous times when he got out before the end, but I dont recall any ODI where he actually remained not out until the winning run was scored. I have already written to Wisden about it. While I am waiting for a reply, I thought of asking the learned members of this forum. Does anyone know??

Old July 14, 2004, 10:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

In the Coca Cola cup triangular tournament (WI,IND,ZIM), India played WI on 4-7-2001. Batting first WI scored 229/5 in 50 overs(WW Hinds 66, D. Ganga 55). In reply India scored 230/4 in 48.1 overs to win by 6 wickets. Tendulkar remained 122 not out off 131 deliveries and was the man of the match.

see the scorecard:

ODI#1733
Old July 14, 2004, 10:56 PM
Street Cricketer

vs SL

vs England
Old July 15, 2004, 12:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

Cricinfo Statsguru
Old July 15, 2004, 12:56 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AussieBloke
Hi guys

I dont know if the forum has discussed this earlier or not, but I was wondering if anyone could provide me with info of any ODI match that Sachin Tendulkar has won single handedly by carrying his bat to the end chasing a target? I know of numerous times when he got out before the end, but I dont recall any ODI where he actually remained not out until the winning run was scored. I have already written to Wisden about it. While I am waiting for a reply, I thought of asking the learned members of this forum. Does anyone know??
India australia finals at sharjah on his bday when aus toured india the last time....
Old July 15, 2004, 11:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Great reply by Tintin. It will shut up those who say that Tendulkar does not stay till the end of the match while chasing.
Old July 15, 2004, 12:41 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

for the longest time indian batting meant tendulkar. if he scores india is likely to win, and if he fails india fails. this was the scenerio few years ago. of course india managed to win some matches then. and even if he did not bat til the end of those matches, he took it close enough for others.