facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 19, 2004, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!
Default {old thread} Razzak will miss the rest of the Asia cup

That is the caption of a front page image. Does anybody know the source of the news?

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by sports_fan_bd]
Old July 19, 2004, 09:22 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
That is the caption of a front page image. Does anybody know the source of the news?

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by sports_fan_bd]
I think Raj will not miss rest of the asia cup. He will be under some kind observation. After the tournament BCB will help him to get out of it for six months. And then will report to ICC about his progress. That's all i read on cricinfo & bangladesher khela, prothom-alo website.

[Edited on 19-7-2004 by bdboy]
Old July 19, 2004, 09:39 AM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
But a team official said the bowler was unlikely to be included in Bangladesh's three matches in the Asia Cup Super League starting on Wednesday.

"We will keep him out, lest he gets into further trouble," the official said.
Yahoo >>
Old July 19, 2004, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

With Javed Omar possibly out, that would make for a very weak side. This is typical team management - they had the chance to work with him before when he was bowling in the domestic league; now they want to keep him out even though he is already reported and allowed to keep playing. His action won't get any worse so how in the world will he get in more trouble?

But there is Rana and he could fill in.
Old July 19, 2004, 10:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Razzak is only at stage 1. BD should carry on playing him, i agree his action can't get any worse..
Old July 19, 2004, 05:34 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Rallying behind Razzak

"He used to bowl with a bent arm in the past. But that has been corrected over the last couple of years. I am confident that once the ICC takes a good look at his action, he will be cleared," said Bangladesh Krira Shikkha Protisthan (BKSP)'s cricket coach Mohammad Salahuddin, who has seen Razzak mature at the country's premier sports institute.

"Besides, reputed Indian coach Manjit Singh also did not find any problems when Razzak approached him just before the tour of Sri Lanka," informed Salahuddin who had also worked closely with Razzak as coach of his club Victoria during and after the 2003-2004 Dhaka Premier Division league.

Punjab's Manjit Singh, who had coached Indian star spinner Harbhajan Singh, is now imparting his wisdom on the BKSP boys.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has also rallied behind the cricketer and strongly dismissed a report published by news agency AFP that said that Razzak would miss the rest of the Asia Cup while quoting an unnamed Bangladesh official.

"There must have been a misunderstanding. I'm not aware of any of our officials making such a statement," said BCB's cricket operation's chief Mahbub Anam.

"He is very much in the team. Not only that we think he has come to play for Bangladesh for at lest ten to fifteen years," said Anam adding that the Board had no plans to bring Razzak back home.

"We will follow the standard procedure as prescribed by the law. But in the meantime there is no bar on him to continue playing," said Anam.

Daily Star >>
Old July 19, 2004, 05:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I wish I could hear what Dav has to say about this whole BS. I am so relieved to see that BCB has taken such a strong and assured stand in favour of their player.

I watched the highlights over and over again, trying to see if I could find anything wrong. Even with the low resolution of the pictures I am quite convinced his action is legal.
Old July 19, 2004, 05:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well its kind of obvious I think that his action is a bit of a worry.

I think he needs to do what Mohammad Rafique did and get help to fix up his action.

Abdur Razzaq Raj could be an awesome player in years to come. He turns the ball a fair bit!
Old July 19, 2004, 06:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has also rallied behind the cricketer and strongly dismissed a report published by news agency AFP that said that Razzak would miss the rest of the Asia Cup while quoting an unnamed Bangladesh official.

"There must have been a misunderstanding. I'm not aware of any of our officials making such a statement," said BCB's cricket operation's chief Mahbub Anam.

"He is very much in the team. Not only that we think he has come to play for Bangladesh for at lest ten to fifteen years," said Anam adding that the Board had no plans to bring Razzak back home.

"We will follow the standard procedure as prescribed by the law. But in the meantime there is no bar on him to continue playing," said Anam.

Daily Star >>
It's time to stand up and be counted. Razzaq Raz is perfectly alright. I guess at some point Mr. Mahanama played with Murali, Didn't he?