facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2002, 04:32 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default List of shame

Hannan Sarkar 0 (1)
Anwar Hussein 2 (5 - debut, so no comments)
Ashraful 6 (atleast he tried for a bit- 28)
Sumon 24 (40 balls ? giving an edge ? WHY? Didn't he learn anything ?)
Bulbul 5 (17 - keep pushing it. Second innings will make or break his cricket career)
Kapali 52 (94 balls. Not bad for the rookie. Once again showing the seniors how to play with heart)
Pilot 22 (84 - only batsmen to show that you can grow with time. Your bowling rotation may not be well thought out but your spirit is always appreciated)
Durjoy 1 (11 balls too many ? One day is ok but who said Durjoy can play tests ? From cricinfo: Pedro Collins picked up his fourth wicket of the innings by having Naimur Rahman caught at slip by Chris Gayle, attempting a flashy - and frankly, considering the situation, unnecessary - shot outside the off stump.)

The rest are not batsmen. However, Moni played 30 balls for his 7, Tapash made 7 with Talha staying unbeaten for 4.

80 runs (4x20) came from boundaries.
We managed to stay afloat for only 325 balls. What a shame.

Notable exclusion: Rokon. However, it's hard to give a duckie another shot where there are so many other options available. Rokon was doing better as a test player then as a ODI player. Anwar's slot should have gone to him.

Manju should have played in place of Durjoy. Durjoy did ok in the ODIs but he has not been that useful in test taking half of his 11 test wickets against India in the debut test (Naimur Rahman 44.3 9 132 6) playing 7 tests.

Anyways, since he is out there, better as well take some wickets for Bangladesh.
Old December 8, 2002, 09:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Default I would add one more...

Mohsin Kamal

Numero Uno in the BD Shame List

Would somebody like to join me into beating this guy to within an inch of his life?
Old December 8, 2002, 10:23 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I would. Such disastrous was the batting of our players that it is difficult for me to concentrate on my English writing skills.
Old December 8, 2002, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Shubho, Mohsin Kamal surely deserves criticism because after the first Day's play, its quite clear that we haven't learnt much in one year.

But, I am starting to think that GOD himself cannot help us. We don't even know how to do the basics right. The coach of the national team shouldnt have to teach you how to bat or bowl. Thats the job of your school coach. Take Hannan for example, he calls himself an opening batsman, but first ball of a Test Match, that too in Dhaka, he has his feet planted on the ground. Come on man, sure it might have been a good ball, sure you arent set yet, but atleast get your damn foot out and shift your weight forward to face your first ball. On the Dhaka pitches, you have to get your foot forward. If our opening batsman does not know to do that, why blame anyone else.

[Edited on 9-12-2002 by Sham]
Old December 8, 2002, 09:54 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Irresponsible

You are absolutely right on that. How long has Hannan been playing ? How long has Bulbul been playing ? FOREVER. They can't even get the basics right. That just comes from pure unprofessionalism and not to forget sheer immaturity.
Old December 9, 2002, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Well I'm not sure about Numero Uno that might go to Morx. Good contest
Old December 9, 2002, 04:07 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default NUmero Uno

It's hard to tell.

I will not single out any of them. The coach always take the blame even though it's the players who have to perform.
You may have noticed that I don't go after Morx much. The guy is trying, he is just not cut out for this but then again, who is ? None of the other players have really cemented a place with their performance. We do get one inform player on each tour and then they fumble after 3/4 good performance. They turn out mediocre performance despite having talent. Sumon is failing right now but he is better then that, so is Rokon and Ashraful. If Pilot can score 20+ innings regularly, there is no reason this players can't do it. *sigh*
We just need a shrink to get to the players, find out what's wrong cause to me, their main enemy is themselves and we have to start there. Fix their head first and then see if that brings out the real players.