facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2002, 10:16 AM
Club Cricketer

Default I hate to criticise..........

I hate to criticise some of the Bangladesh media, but this is what you get for calling our bowling attack medoicre when Bangladesh attack is 10 times worse!
Pedro and Drakes are quality bowlers, and Powell and Lawson both bowl at express pace. And this is without one of the best bowlers in international cricket at the moment, Merv Dillon.

However, I must say that Kapali should be batting further up the order, because some of the top order players are simply not good enough!
Old December 8, 2002, 10:46 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

This is just the nature of our media.
Old December 8, 2002, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Default another woeful day

Our media has no business criticizing anyone's bowling or batting, they are all far better than we are.

If we can't play on our own pitch, where can we play? And who prepared this pitch anyway, did they mix in a generous helping of gobor (cowdung) in it?

So, any bright ideas for the rest of the test or is it all over before it even begun? Naimur continues to stay on the team because he can bowl a few tight overs. And suddenly we have no pacers worthy of selection, they have taken to fielding 2 wicketkeepers and a half dozen spinners instead.

people are right about bulbul in the 2nd innings - make or break. he will probably choke from that pressure.

notice how sri lanka, pakistan are getting hammered by south africa vs our results in SA. but our performance against WI thus far shows that you cannot really take such comparisons (against a common opponent like SA) too seriously.

on a sad note, so many people died in terrorist bombings yesterday in Mymensigh, hope nothing stupid happens at the stadiums similar to what happened in India when WI was playing there.
Old December 8, 2002, 05:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Default WIFAN, dude...

Don't get upset about what our media says. As fwullah pointed out, this is just the nature of our media. They were probably just looking for weaknesses in the Windies team, so as to be more optimistic about our own chances. Don't take it too personally. Everybody knew we were going down to whatever bowling attack you were to throw at us.
Old December 8, 2002, 06:32 PM
Cricket Legend

WIFAN, I am probably going to offend you with what I am about to say. But we are our own worst enemy. Yes, you have a couple of good bowlers and couple of bowlers who have raw pace, but my opinion of the WI bowling attack did not go up much last night. Like Shubho said, we would get bowled out for under 150 no matter who bowled for your team. Thats just how sad our team is. As far as the WI bowlers are concerned, compared to ours, they are super, but in terms of the other Test sides, they still have a bit to do before being considered a world class bowling attack.

As for our media, don't even bother with what they have to say. They are trying to sell their papers, so they cant say we have no hope in hell. They have to give readers hope, thats how it is everywhere. The English papers are always on about how the next Ashes will be the turning point, how the Aussies are ageing, how their middle order is vulnerable, how Shane Warne has run out of tricks, blah blah blah. Trust me, even they know that England doesn't have a chance, just like ours do.

[Edited on 8-12-2002 by Sham]