facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 28, 2004, 07:33 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Bangadesh Cricket Database With On Line Access

Dear All,

I have developed a database (Thanks to Mustafiz for the idea) to store match statistics for all matches played by Bangladesh at a very granular level such that it makes it very easy to analyze the cricketing data pertaining to Bangladesh. This would enable us to form opinions based on facts.

This database can be accessed on line http://obaid.no-ip.info/my/cricket/index.html It captures many details for every match, batsman, bowler, wicket and over.

For example, if you would like to learn how many runs were scored by (Rajin Saleh) or what were bowing figures for (Rafique) in the last ten matches, you can now find that with a click of a button. This is just one example, any interesting question that you ever had about our team now can now answered instantly.

This database contains all ODI and Test matches Bangladesh have ever played (with a few exceptions). Although, you can write interesting queries on your own if you know SQL, nevertheless, there is a link to request the query in plain English as well, with a 24 hour turn around time. There is much more useful information that can be found at the site mentioned above about the tool.

I would like to welcome you all to use the tool and give me any feedback that you may have. Looking forward to hearing from you guys. Thanks.

-CrikFan
Old August 28, 2004, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Great Job. You should email this to all BD newspapers also, just so they can use it for research.

Send it in a press release format, with some luck, you may find it published on some newspapers so fans can know about it.
Old August 28, 2004, 08:09 PM
Retired BC Admin

Even though I don't know much about data, let alone the database, I can tell that you spend significant time and effort into that. My salute to you.

About using the database, a lame person like myself is used to using cricinfo, cricketarchive and channel4 with visual type query. So I don't find your database much user friendly, please forgive my data knowledge.

Lastly, what extra info could we get from the database that are not currently available from the above mentioned sources?

Again, thank you very much for your wonderful effort.
Old August 28, 2004, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Well, you have to know SQL or request in english what you want and he will email you the SQL to get that. Or me / Nasif can do that for you.

This will give you a way to come up with any kind of stat. For example, lets say you want to see which bowlers got bashar out how many time. This site will give that to you in one query. Then you will know whats his weakness.

I think you get the idea how this can be usefull.
Old August 28, 2004, 08:34 PM
Retired BC Admin

Great. Let's give it a test drive with the following 4 queries.

What are the average number of overs we manage to stay at the crease in both ODI and Test?
How many times we were not all out in ODI?
What the average number of wicket we loose at the 45th over and 50th over in ODI?
How many times we managed to take 10 wickets both in ODI and Test?
Old August 29, 2004, 12:45 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

to add a few to chinaman's list:

i'd a hard time finding all 13 captains of bangladesh. how many matches each of them captained so far?
Old August 29, 2004, 01:07 AM
Street Cricketer

First of all thanks for the kind words.

You have asked some very very interesting questions. I have written up the SQL to retrieve those answers. I will post these SQLs in the common query section of the tool. To retrieve your answers simply click "Answer" link below the question.

4. How many times we managed to take 10 wickets both in ODI and Test?

Answer

3. What the average number of wicket we loose at the 45th over and 50th over in ODI?

Answer

2. How many times we were not all out in ODI?

Answer

1. What are the average number of overs we manage to stay at the crease in both ODI and Test?

Answer
Old August 29, 2004, 01:10 AM
Street Cricketer

AgentSmith,

I just saw your query, unfortunately at this point I have not captured the captaincy information. But this is a good feedback, I will keep that in my to do list. Thanks for the interest.
Old August 29, 2004, 02:32 AM
Retired BC Admin

Thanks a lot for the quick answers. Please keep up the good works.
Old August 29, 2004, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
to add a few to chinaman's list:

i'd a hard time finding all 13 captains of bangladesh. how many matches each of them captained so far?
You wont find all 13 Captain of BD national team in ODI and Test stats. Since BD didnt start playing ODI untill Lipu was the Captain, all the previous captains lead the national team against touring clubs.
Old August 29, 2004, 01:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Very good job.