facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 13, 2004, 09:21 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Taibu\'s opinion on Bangladesh?

Has anybody read Taibu, the Zimbabwe captain's opinion on Bangladesh?

It was published on Daily Star today.

Quote:
Taibu did not consider Bangladesh to be a tough opponent.

Quote:
"I regularly followed Bangla-desh's cricket and I think they are yet to show that they are bigger than us," he added.
Source: Daily Star 13th Sep
Old September 13, 2004, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

et tu Brutus

So now we have everyone expressing their opinions. What happened to third world solidarity. Remember that we went there when eveyone kept talking about shunning their country and playing cricket there.

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 2:40 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old September 13, 2004, 12:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Ok. Let's see the next Zimbabwe tour of Bangladesh. Who are bigger than who - that tour will tell that.
Old September 13, 2004, 12:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Taibu has some guts to come up with that sort of comment. Good thing Bangladesh beat them in the practise match otherwise he would have been extra cocky by now.

A good result in the coming test series would make him shut up for good.

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 5:17 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Old September 13, 2004, 12:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yup, we need to prove them we're better team. So, Taibu is right on. We'll show them who is better in January '05. Till then Taibu is right.
Old September 13, 2004, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

That is a very immature remark from Taibu. He should watch what he says until he can back it up. True that we got battered by SA in the last game, but we still possess more firepower than them. We can comfortably take care of them in an ODI or test match at any venue. Funny how he has the guts to think Zimbabwe is still as strong as the previous team with all the whiteys. Besides, didn't we vouch for them when everyone else planned on rejecting them? Ungrateful fool.
Old September 13, 2004, 01:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Some of the Bangladeshi players need to bite back and laugh at Zimbabwe and Taibu for losing to USA. How the tables turn so quickly, sometimes I do wonder for hours. I am sure he will not make a comment like that about USA for a long time
Old September 13, 2004, 01:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Haha exactly. Losing to USA was humiliating. Joto boro mukh noy, toto boro kotha.
Old September 13, 2004, 01:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

How old is Taibu anway? Last I remember he was seventeen, I guess hes the same age us our young captain.
Old September 13, 2004, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

He is 21

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 6:38 PM GMT, by Carte Blanche.
Old September 13, 2004, 01:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well he is trying to sound as though he is older than that with such comments. Why didn't Saleh rub it in when Zimbabwe lost at our hands?
Old September 13, 2004, 01:49 PM
Banned

"I think they are yet to show that they are bigger than us"

That is right on the money. Zimbabwe, with a bunch of inexperienced cricketers, still gives the big boys a run for their money. Taibu leads his team from the front indeed. Our caps do not.

We do expect more compassion from Taibu though, after all, we will support Zimbabwe cricket and would want them to do good.
Old September 13, 2004, 01:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

I do not support Zimbabwe cricket, after comments like that especially coming from a team which is at this point worse than us. But then again its a matter of perception.
Old September 13, 2004, 02:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Australia will face off with India for what is being billed as the series between the two top teams. Zimbabwe will similarly face off against BD to decide the wooden spooner among the test teams. Like Australians, Taibu is trying his hands at mental disintegration prior to the series between the two. Going by the remarks in this thread, Taibu's tactics of mental disintegration is bearing results.
Old September 13, 2004, 02:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Potshot never thougt about it that way. Did not realise that Taibu could be using it as weapon to mentally decapitate our players and fans. Now the truth is out, send word to Saleh immediately. Go now make haste

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 8:51 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Old September 13, 2004, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

lot of big words from everyone all over, including us fans. the truth is the only thing that counts is on field performance. until BD shows up to play, expect more ridicule. Bangladeshi players are probably mentally weak, maybe they believe they can't even beat this rubbish zimbabwe team. who knows. who cares anymore?
Old September 13, 2004, 04:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
lot of big words from everyone all over, including us fans. the truth is the only thing that counts is on field performance. until BD shows up to play, expect more ridicule. Bangladeshi players are probably mentally weak, maybe they believe they can't even beat this rubbish zimbabwe team. who knows. who cares anymore?
well said rafiq. At our current form, anyone can say anything about us, and we really dont have a defence. The only thing we have to do is perform on the field. If w do that every one will automatically shut up.
Old September 13, 2004, 04:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Piranha
well said rafiq. At our current form, anyone can say anything about us, and we really dont have a defence. The only thing we have to do is perform on the field. If w do that every one will automatically shut up.
But we simply cannot do that. We don't have the competency. Zimbabwe is not as bad as we are thinking. They have played much better than everyone has speculated after their so-called debacle. They did play some real bad innings against Australia, but they did play some good ones also. And after that they had been doing better. And their defeat to USA was not an all-out defeat.
Old September 13, 2004, 04:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
But we simply cannot do that.
Did not quite understand to what you were referring there. Could you kindly elaborate? I do not think highly of Zimbabwe. Andy Flower and Heath Streak were the ones to make the team what it was. Then this attitude of not allowing black players on the team (which eventually got them the sack) I did not appreciate at all.

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 9:56 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Old September 13, 2004, 05:05 PM
Club Cricketer

I was just refering to "perform on the field" by Piranha. I don't think highly of Zimbabwe either. But given the situation, I neither can think BD over Zimbabwe. What happened over the black-white issue is a whole different issue. I was just pointing out that even without those good old players, Zimbabwe can't be said aside with the spirit that our team is showing now.
Old September 13, 2004, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
That is a very immature remark from Taibu. He should watch what he says until he can back it up. True that we got battered by SA in the last game, but we still possess more firepower than them. We can comfortably take care of them in an ODI or test match at any venue. Funny how he has the guts to think Zimbabwe is still as strong as the previous team with all the whiteys. Besides, didn't we vouch for them when everyone else planned on rejecting them? Ungrateful fool.
well the thing is that if we can laugh at them because of loosing to USA they can probably laugh back at us for loosing against scotland. and jotodin porjonto na realityte amra oderke series a haraisee totodin porjonto ami taibur kothar kono bhul khuje pabo na. karon dosh kintu amaderi. amrai to boro boro kotha boli. kintu kajer shomoy to dekha jai scoreboard a run uthe 93. shutorang taibur kotha shunte kharap lagleo mene nite hobe atleast until january karon that is the reality.
Old September 13, 2004, 06:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

FaltuRidwanBhai, you do have a point there. Kintu, I think no matter what, he should not big mouth around like that, it just does not seem right after his team lost to USA. Now, teams like Australia always big mouth, because they can, nothing new in that, but when Zimbabwe starts, it does become ludicrous.
Old September 13, 2004, 06:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Give us some more time, we are getting there slowly.

Edited on, September 13, 2004, 11:52 PM GMT, by ehsan.
Old September 13, 2004, 10:36 PM
Club Cricketer

Zimbabwe is in a rebuilding stage. Of course Taibu will say stuff like that. They werent bundled out for less than 100. We were. Yes, they lost to USA, but we lost to Scotland too. Doesnt matter how big the margin is. A loss is always a loss...no matter what. And although we have come close, Zim has pipped us time and again. So he has every right to say BD is not above Zim. Whether its ludicrous or not really doesnt matter. During our last test, Lara promised a win against us. We all wished that somehow we will gain a draw and make Lara the laughing stock. Didnt happen. So these statements are all part of some psychological ploy. Why get offended by it? We will have our chance to prove others wrong...taibu & co. lets wait for that.
Old September 13, 2004, 11:20 PM
Test Cricketer

well i think he has the right to think that zimbabwe is better then bangladesh. bc last january when we played them they won both test n oneday series. honestly kenya can even say they r better then us. respect is given when its earned. bangladesh hasnt earn their respect yet. we need result or else you will have people talking like this cant do nething about it. i truely believe that we didnt get our test status just bc we won icc trophy or beat pakistan once at the world cup. srilanka dominated icc members b4 receiveing their test status so did zimbabwe. bangladesh didnt do that b4 getting test status. we got our test status bc we have a strong fan following. i m confident though that if we play zimbabwe now we can win the series but we need to win b4 that zimbabwe will continue to think they r better then us. if the sitution was reverse we would think that way too. so we cant blame them for thinking that.