facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 14, 2004, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Match Thread:Bangladesh v West Indies;ICC Champions Trophy ODI

Bangladesh play their second match of the ICC Champions Trophy. It's the 8th match of the championships.
Weatherforecast by Yahoo

According to BBC, the teams are:

West Indies (from): B Lara (captain), W Hinds, C Gayle, R Sarwan, S Chanderpaul, D Bravo, R Powell, C Browne, C Collymore, M Dillon, I Bradshaw, S Joseph.

Bangladesh (from): R Saleh (captain), J Omar, M Ashraful, F Hossain, A Ahmed,M Rahman, K Mashud (wkt), M Rafique, M Rana, T Baisya, T Aziz, N Iqbal.

Umpires: J Lloyds (Eng) and A Dar (Pak)

game starts at:
9:15 GMT
5:15 AM EDT (GMT - 4)
3:15 PM BDT (GMT + 6) [bangladesh time]
10:15 AM BST (GMT+1) [local]

Live Score:
Cricinfo Scores

CHAT:
IRC: Join CricInfo Live Text and BanglaCricket chat

I am banking on the fact that whenever I have posted a match thread a win was assured for BD.

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 11:10 PM GMT, by oracle.

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 11:24 PM GMT, by oracle.

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 11:43 PM GMT, by oracle.
Old September 14, 2004, 06:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
I am banking on the fact that whenever I have posted a match thread a win was assured for BD.
[/i]
Amen to that Who are slated to play in tomorrows crucial match - has the list of players been finalised (silly question)?
Old September 14, 2004, 06:18 PM
Banned

I'm hoping to see Faisal bat.
Old September 14, 2004, 06:28 PM
Retired BC Admin

Yeah, I can smell Faisal and Tareq in for Aftab and Mushfiq. Mahmud should face the disciplinary committee before any future appearances. If not, he has in-laws in the you-know-where.
Old September 14, 2004, 06:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

"We may falter, we may play some bad cricket for half-an-hour but the objective is to go out there and win." - Whatmore

Bangladesh will not alter their batting line-up but have yet to decide on a final line-up from a fully fit 14-man squad.

Lara in cautious mood

Lara is cautious and Whatmore wants a win. A perfect combination for what should be a good game

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 11:33 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Old September 14, 2004, 06:33 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

do not know what gonna happen. when one match goes really bad, u can tell that anything is possible on a given day. but if we perform the same kind of display again that would mean 6 odi's at a row. same shameful performance, which only went from bad to worse. it is a question of survival now, and i've a feeling that they will do just even worse.

don't see anything to be opmistic.
Old September 14, 2004, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
do not know what gonna happen. when one match goes really bad, u can tell that anything is possible on a given day. but if we perform the same kind of display again that would mean 6 odi's at a row. same shameful performance, which only went from bad to worse. it is a question of survival now, and i've a feeling that they will do just even worse.

don't see anything to be opmistic.
Are you changing your name to Agent SS mith ?

I am an eternal optimist - with this team on a good day we could beat the WIndies
Old September 14, 2004, 06:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

If Dav Whatmore can be optimistic, why shouldn't we be? He made it perfectly clear, he thinks WE CAN WIN hence Lara is also cautious.

Edited on, September 14, 2004, 11:49 PM GMT, by Unknown.
Old September 14, 2004, 06:51 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally posted by Zunaid

Are you changing your name to Agent SS mith ?

I am an eternal optimist - with this team on a good day we could beat the WIndies
Agent S Smith? not bad. or Agent F W smith?

i hope u are right. but the nightmare of 93 is still chasing me. look like it will keep chasing until a good performance shows up.
Old September 14, 2004, 07:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Go Bangladesh. Pleaseeee impress us we need it badly!
Old September 14, 2004, 08:36 PM

Quote:
If Dav Whatmore can be optimistic, why shouldn't we be? He made it perfectly clear, he thinks WE CAN WIN hence Lara is also cautious.
Dave Whatmore is the coach of Bangladesh remember!
What else we expect form him, rather than being optimistic.
A coach can not say "we are going to lose" but encourage his team, no matter how hard it is.
Old September 14, 2004, 08:57 PM
Test Cricketer

if we win the toss i think we should bowl. then atleast bowlers will get the chance to bowl 50 overs.
Old September 14, 2004, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Wish I could vow not to show my face ever in BC forum if Bangladesh lose this time! But nah...I am too shaky to be a dare-devil:embaressed:
Old September 14, 2004, 10:00 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Go Bangladesh! Go Tigers! We are 100% behind you as always. Keep the faith!
Old September 14, 2004, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

humm bhai..........amro to asi............amaderke aktu shanti dao re bhai.............ar pari na go......ar pari na...............
Old September 14, 2004, 10:14 PM
Club Cricketer

Zimbabwe who are in the same boat as BD earned rave reviews with their brave fight against Sri Lanka yesterday. They lost the match, but their performance earned them respect and a man of the match award for Elton Chigumbura. The match was described by cricinfo as "For the first time in this tournament, a match between the minnows and the big guns was worth the price of a ticket." and also "the spectators were treated to the first encounter of the tournament between a minnow and a powerhouse that was actually a decent contest. "

I hope BD follows the example of Zimbabwe in the field and gives a spirited display against West Indies.
Heading for the clouds

Edited on, September 15, 2004, 3:20 AM GMT, by coolheels.
Old September 14, 2004, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown

[/i]
Does Dav have any other choice? He can't say otherwise. He has to keep saying optimistic things to keep up the team's morale. Though I'm sure, he knows the best as to what our team is capable of. After all these losses, I'm too scared to remain an optimist. I'm considering joining the SS-fw-smith club.
Old September 14, 2004, 10:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

faltu bhai! hey! nobody said being a Tiger fan is going to be easy.

Sometimes you need to thump your chest and appear more confident than you are. Its important for team morale and not to let the opposition know the extent of your weakness. May be Dav is just doing that. REgardless, I have been following this team long enough to know that the Tigers are capable of doing much better than what they did against SA. No fwullah, or SS or Smith can convince me otherwise
Old September 14, 2004, 10:40 PM
Club Cricketer

At the end of the match,the SS-fw-smith club membership will be either overflowing or the club will be deserted, depending on the outcome.
Old September 14, 2004, 11:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Yeah, I can smell Faisal and Tareq in for Aftab and Mushfiq. Mahmud should face the disciplinary committee before any future appearances. If not, he has in-laws in the you-know-where.
It will not be a good example to drop Aftab so early.. especially, where there was a mjor batting collapse. I am not worried between the choice between khalid mahmud and mushfiq. The spot light is realy on a top order batting. Dont want to see Faisal.
Old September 15, 2004, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

no tino or lawson in this match right, so nothing to worry boys we will do much better than last match. I hope they let chacha play and following this match he should retire once it for all. He is simply too much distraction for this team now days

prediction: if we bat first we will score over 180
as far as WI concern don't really care how many run they put up on the board if they bat first.

Edited on, September 15, 2004, 5:40 AM GMT, by rassel.
Old September 15, 2004, 12:22 AM
Test Cricketer

javed omar
md ashraful
nafiz iqbal
rajin saleh
aftab ahmed
khaled mashud
monjurul islam
mohammed rafique
khaled mahmud
taposh baishya
nazmul islam
this would b my team but i dont think its gonna b like this. hopefully aftab and nazmul get another chance if they dont do well then they should live these two out of nz tour. shujon should b in the team.
Old September 15, 2004, 01:08 AM
Club Cricketer

if we field first and restrict WI 200~230 then there is a realistic possibility to win this match. batting first is always risky option for us against big teams.
Old September 15, 2004, 01:20 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by maksud
if we field first and restrict WI 200~230 then there is a realistic possibility to win this match. batting first is always risky option for us against big teams.
I think we should normally bat first under the right condition to play without pressure. Howevr, in bowller frindly English condition we should go for bowl to expose vulnerable WI line up and put them under pressure.
Old September 15, 2004, 01:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Dav Whatmore talk about 2007 WC and preparing a team for that. Fair enough. But we should to night fight for our very survival. Build future team through BKSP and BD 'A' team, but not the expense of pride today. We should go for a win, or at least a decent fight like Zim. We should include Khaled Mahmud. I am not a great fan of him. But he has proven his worth. He should be in. My 11 month daughter stays awake for BD mach (The match starts at 7.00 pm Melbourne time). She only spent 3 months of her life in BD in total. She has got a strong passion, she prays for a BD win for a long time (she is unimpressed with the meaning less win aginst HK, USA, Ire etc). For teh sake of her joy, and for the other kids like her, the boys shou;ld rise up to the ocassion and bring us a win. Our back is on the wall. There is no retreat.