facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 15, 2004, 09:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib
Default A couple of theories to rectify our batting

A couple of theories to rectify our batting:

Theory 1:
----------
While in college, I went to a show where a man hypnotizes members of the audience and makes them do whatever the hypnotizer wants them to do. He picks a few men and women form the audience (sends a few back) and programs them. For example, 2 claps would make the subject jump up and down, three claps would make them roll over like poodles, 4 claps would...(you get the picture). I am sure that many of you have been to shows like this. This is real. Hypnotism works for a lot of people. Invariably the folks he chose as the subject follow his claps without failure.

We should apply the process to our batting. Regardless of our batting sequence, we should program all our players as following: 1 clap from the coach means bat as if we need 150 runs only, 2 claps translate to a target of 180, 3 claps...and hence forth. I think it does not matter whether we are setting a target or chasing a target, this method would give our scorecard respectability. Over time we might be able to fine tune the process.

(Disclaimer: I do not know if this method would work for Bangali as I noticed from the show I have been to that the hypnotizer sends back a few on the excuse that they cannot be hypnotized. Unfortunately, I was one of those who were sent back. I am a bangali...so...)

Theory 2:
-----------
The entire elitist group really believes that we (BD) don't belong with them and hence they successfully are corroborating to apply the hypnosis on the BD players effectively. Or perhaps, there is an underlying match fixing going on where BD players are paid to go down without a fight to make us look bad in front of everyone. Perhaps we should investigate the possibilities...

(Disclaimer: this is a conspiracy theory. No disrespect meant to any player. Therefore, no hate mails please.)

Edited on, September 15, 2004, 3:42 PM GMT, by ghor_jamai.

Edited on, September 15, 2004, 3:43 PM GMT, by ghor_jamai.
Old September 15, 2004, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Apart from the humourous aspect of the situation there is a grain of truth- i.e Hypnotism cannot be discarded as mumbo jumbo or as a tool for motivation and self improvement. It's probably unheard of when it comes to Bangladesh cricket.
Old September 15, 2004, 11:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Oracle;

Thanks for acknowledging the power of hypnosis. We have talked about psychologists at length in this forum. Hypnosis effectively cures fears. This is a proven fact. I think BD batsmen have an innate fear facing the best players.

On a separate note, I am not sure if BD team does an analysis of the opponent effectively. Everyone has weaknesses and the right idea is to exploit those at game time. It's like finding a sore thumb and attacking that. We (i.e. BD cricket team) always talk about playing to potential. I think we need to redefine what potential means. In my opinion it is the difference between the weakness of the opponent and the strength of my team. And not what I can do on a good day. For example, we know that Ashraful has the ability to hit a 50 in a good day. However, against the strength of a bowler from the opponent how vulnerable are his weaknesses should be his potential index.

Back to the topic: if fear is the factor (no pun intended) here perhaps we need someone to perform some effective sessions on our batsmen.
Old September 15, 2004, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Learning hypnosis to hypnotize the opponent might be a better idea than hypnotizing ourselves.
Old September 15, 2004, 04:59 PM
Club Cricketer

lol carte
Old September 15, 2004, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yeah i guess we can try anything right now; after all, we have nothing to lose.
Old September 15, 2004, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

hummm.....i think whatever we do now is not going to be worse than what is happening right now.
Old September 16, 2004, 12:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Just Curious

Does anybody know if BD training camp study tapes/footage of individual bowlers and/or batsmen from the opponents sides to see the weakness and strength of them..?

I'd the good fortune to visit pre-season training facility my favorite L.A Kings (yet another group of underachievers) once.
I knew they routinely watch tapes of their opponents' games as well as their own, but I was shocked/surprised to see the degree of their preparation.
They have rosters on each of their opponents, and the very thorough, almost like a court recorder, meticulous info about some the best players of each team. Everything except the playbook seemed to be in their possession.

I know all NBA, NFL teams also requires their players to study and disect the opposition to gain insight and take advantage of the weakness.

It seems that BD Tigers are too often caught off guard.
Old September 16, 2004, 12:48 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default Video sesson just before Australia tour

Old September 16, 2004, 12:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Thanks Chinaman for the pix...
Old September 17, 2004, 04:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

it is simple our batting has to improve, whether it means learning like babies...to using advance high-tech equipments to teach our clearly uneducated players.....sometimes i think its the breakdown in communication barriers that really dents our players understanding..maybe the players do not fully understand English that well, or maybe they cannot fully express themselves in English as they could easily do in Bengali.
Old September 17, 2004, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla Mostan
it is simple our batting has to improve, whether it means learning like babies...to using advance high-tech equipments to teach our clearly uneducated players.....sometimes i think its the breakdown in communication barriers that really dents our players understanding..maybe the players do not fully understand English that well, or maybe they cannot fully express themselves in English as they could easily do in Bengali.
that is a really lame excuse. there is faruque. ar faruque ke jodi tara bolte pare. then i dont think there should be any problem.
Old September 17, 2004, 08:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by BushidoTiger
Does anybody know if BD training camp study tapes/footage of individual bowlers and/or batsmen from the opponents sides to see the weakness and strength of them..?

I'd the good fortune to visit pre-season training facility my favorite L.A Kings (yet another group of underachievers) once.
I knew they routinely watch tapes of their opponents' games as well as their own, but I was shocked/surprised to see the degree of their preparation.
They have rosters on each of their opponents, and the very thorough, almost like a court recorder, meticulous info about some the best players of each team. Everything except the playbook seemed to be in their possession.

I know all NBA, NFL teams also requires their players to study and disect the opposition to gain insight and take advantage of the weakness.

It seems that BD Tigers are too often caught off guard.
as far as i know we do that also. and we have a computer analysist nasir ahmed babu i think who is in charge of all this spying business. actually this is not illegal spying. legally spying. well i shouldnt call this spying in the first place. because it is actually a strategy. but this is actually a useful strategy. although we dont benefit at all but other teams who has our video learns a lot about our players through this videos.
Old September 17, 2004, 08:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Lack of communication on the field more like. Its a team game but do our players play like a team? Seems unlikely because when the bowler is making a delivery the fielders should be focussed and support him. This means being ready for catches and saving that run. Lapse of concentration gives away runs as well as chances by dropping catches.

We must focus on individual aspects of the game. Get our bowling right, then fielding and then batting.
Old September 17, 2004, 08:05 PM
Cricket Legend

thik bolsen. kintu bhai amader playerder khela dekhle to mone hoi they want to finish quickly tahole abar bou ar loge shopping a ber howa jabe.