Watching last 2 tournaments Bangladesh playing Asia Cup and ICC Trophy we are performing really worse after West Indies series. Mainly due to our batsman get nervous and start panicking, losing early wicket with in first 10 overs, when this happens this puts pressure to whole team and lower order batsman, and lower order batsman start to collapse.
We can not play game like this, game after game same result. Things need to be change and itís got to change now. We have lot more cricket coming up this year and next year.
So what can we do? What is the solution to our on going big problem?
All area of the game needed to improve, particularly batting. The first priority is to find some good bats man. (Get our batsman together and improve the batting)
- Learn to be really calm, not to panic, not to worry about run rate first 10-12 overs
- First 10-12 over make sure bats man donít get him self out playing silly shot.
- The ball will not have same pace or swing after 10-12 overs. After bats man got settled run will come.
- Wicket is really important make sure keep wicket in hand, (keep in mind while playing the game)
- Initial spell if ball is swinging and bouncing always play forward, so that you are not letting ball to swing away much, before you hit the ball.
- Again First 10-12 overs do not go aerial unless you are sure where you hitting the bowl.
When is the last time we seen our bowler knocking the stamp out. We need to bowl more like Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis and Brett Lee. We can not depend on fielder to catch out every batsman. Time to time we need to aim for the stamp.
- Do not bowl same bowl every time, unless itís really really good bowl. Try different bowl, lets the batsman keep thinking all the time whatís coming next.
- Learn how to do good bouncer
- Use more than 5 bowler most of the time we only use 5 bowler. Some time part time bowler can do more damage then regular bowler.
- Our fielder needed to be active all the time.
- Taking every opportunity comes along; missing the catch can make the difference between winning and loosing.
I hope Bangladesh cricket take some notice from above, and improve the game, that will save us from so many disappointing days. I wish all the bestÖ..
Win will come one dayÖ
Edited on, September 23, 2004, 10:11 PM GMT, by mij.