facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 18, 2004, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default Indian cricketers not willing to play ODIs against Bangladesh!

Indian team is not interested to play the proposed triangular series (against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe) while touring Bangladesh in December this year. The top level Indian players are less interested in playing with minnows like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya, Daily Prothom Alo reports.

Indian are scheduled to visit Bangladesh in December 2004 to play two match Test series. Since Zimbabwe team is to tour Bangladesh in January, the BCB proposal was to arrange a triangular ODI series among these three nations. This way India wouldn't have to play the ODI series against Bangladesh while touring the country. But the fact is that the Indian team are not interested about the three match ODI series or any trinagual series for that matter. They have rather proposed BCB a second tier Indian team for the ODI series to play against Bangladesh. BCB have, for obvious reason, declined this derogatory proposal.

Source: Daily Prothom Alo
Old September 18, 2004, 05:30 PM
Test Cricketer

CHARGE THEM BIG SUM IF THEY DON'T PLAY ODI WITH US.

Edited on, September 18, 2004, 10:30 PM GMT, by TigerFan.
Old September 18, 2004, 05:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

The indians were once like us ...minnows..and people never gave them recognition..we have to firm it all and bite the bullet and maybe we can reach their stage or even they would one day request us to play against them. one day guys and gals one day!!
Old September 18, 2004, 07:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

cant reall blame them the way we are playing...wait, do they still wanna play the tests...cuz we'll still give em a run for their money.

BD has the ability to draw and even win a test against India...however each ODI would be a loss by at least 100 runs or 7 wickets.
Old September 18, 2004, 09:25 PM
Cricket Legend

India should send their A team if they wanna be so cocky and we should thrash the pants off them
Old September 18, 2004, 10:35 PM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

u guys r feeling bad about ind not wanting to play against weaker teams like bd/zim and at the same time u want ur bd team to not play against weaker teams:duh:

(i apologise if the contents of this post offend anyone out here)
Old September 18, 2004, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

India are scared of getting beaten by us and the zims.
Old September 18, 2004, 11:27 PM
Cricket Legend

shaitai hoilo ashol kotha bourny bhai....
Old September 18, 2004, 11:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)
u guys r feeling bad about ind not wanting to play against weaker teams like bd/zim and at the same time u want ur bd team to not play against weaker teams:duh:

atleast we dont come up with crap ideas and start supporting those crap ideas like 2tier system or whatever it is called. shalar ganguly........beta aki bhasha bole. kintu bhab dekhai ki....
Old September 19, 2004, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Wow not even mighty aussies think stuff like that. Anyway, there is always some hitch with Indian Cricket team when it comes to play against Bangladesh.
Old September 19, 2004, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

ho bhai..................shalader pasay pipra kamrai...................[]...........

Edited on, September 20, 2004, 7:53 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Old September 19, 2004, 12:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
ho bhai..................shalader pasay pipra kamrai...................[]...........

you said it Fatu bhai

Edited on, September 20, 2004, 7:54 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Quote edited.
Old September 19, 2004, 12:19 AM
Cricket Legend

ho bhai...........bolte chai nai........mukh kharap korte bhalo lage na. kintu mazhe mazhe amon mejaj kharap hoi tokhon ar pari na.
Old September 19, 2004, 12:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I know it hurt bhai! for me I dont have any words to describe their cricket team and their management as well. You know if I start saying thing. I know I would get ban.
Old September 19, 2004, 12:43 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Its not a new news - even before this TVS cup - the year 2003, they sent their 'A' team players here - in fact it was because of their approach that we could score 249 against India during the 2000 Asia Cup.
Old September 19, 2004, 02:36 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

i believe i should stay away from this topic otherwise an ind-bd war will start again
Old September 19, 2004, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

After our dismal performances in the last couple of tours, I think these top teams have enough reasons to feel this way. I don't blame them for that. Just look at us, we are more interested in playing the better teams. Although many of us (me inclusive) entertain the idea of sending our 2nd string teams to associate countries or invite them over, we still insist on playing with the big boys. If one tries to put on India/Aus/England's shoes, it will be clear that these teams don't really look forward to the prospects of playing minnows like us. Playing against other established teams which are indeed in their own league is what challenges them. They are tired of having a walk in the park against we minnows, especially considering that we have repeatedly failed to learn from our mistakes. What a waste of time! Like it or not, we still ARE the whipping boys. The financial aspect for their cricket boards isn't all that appetizing either. I understand that having a background of not-so-thoughtful remarks by the Indian captain, this attitude of Indian cricket board hasn't been welcomed at all. As a matter of fact, references are being made to other test nations' early years and how long it took them to cement their status. But in the light of our recent performances, I find it hard to criticize such reluctance on part of Indian cricket board.
Old September 19, 2004, 06:44 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

It's nothing...
we just hav found another 'Neo-Racist' group of people like the English critics..
sometimes they even think they are the world-best!!
its natural that they wil think they are too good for BD..

and just look at their today's match performance!

awwww...poor Saurav !!!
Old September 19, 2004, 06:58 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
After our dismal performances in the last couple of tours, I think these top teams have enough reasons to feel this way. I don't blame them for that......

let me disagree with u here a little bit...

After playing atleast the last 5 series (Test+ODI) with better performance... Us fans should not get dishearted so early just because of 2 ODI tournaments gone bad.

As I have seen so far... the only people questioning BD's ability or raising such points as not playing with the lower ranked teams.. are the ones who believe solely in multi-tier system in cticket..!!
:duh:
People who doesn't advocate for this multi-tire has not made the question so very big in scale!

And to make things more contrast.. So many of the High profile senior players (Lara, Steve Waugh, Ranatunga.. Gilchrist.. etc.) hav been very very positive about BD's cricket future...

now which side u want to take between these two groups??
one who wishes to cut the chain in two halves with a sharp knife or the others who doesn't believe in 'Blue-blood' and has a more fatherly attitude towards the new-risers??
:duh:
Old September 19, 2004, 07:07 AM
Cricket Legend

I mostly agree. But that wasn't quite my point. I never said that I support these so called elite cricketing nations cutting off cricketing ties with us. What I meant was, we are looking at this issue from our perspective only. If we were in their place, we probably would have reacted the same way. Bearing that in mind, I reckon it is natural on their part to feel this way towards us. That doesn't mean they are right, or they should react in this manner. The only way we can put an end to all this is by performances on the field. We need one big win to shut them up!
Old September 19, 2004, 12:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Forget ODIs with India. We need to stop playing ODIs for the next 3/4 months. We played better (batting wise - our bowling isn't doing too bad) ODIs when we were an associate team.

Our main focus right now should be to have the batsmen train intensively with an experienced batting coach as well as having a shrink (psychologist) working with the batsmen to figure out exactly why they think they can't handle it ? It's all in their head. They are loosing the match in their head, even before they face these teams.

Also, i think our top players are missing out playing OD matches in he local league matches and all. They are playing too many tours when they really need to have a balanced diet of domestic OD league matches, first class matches and international matches.

I also want to add this - why don't we ask Kenya to come in place of India for the ODI tournament ? If we win, we can atleast save some dignity. If we loose, we help Kenyans strengthen their claim for test status.

Finally - NZ is coming in to play ODI and Test series in Bangladesh. you don't hear them cry and moan about it. England played us, West indies hosted us. What is so special about India. They don't have to send tendu or Dravid, rest some of the top players if they have to. I won't mind (actually, I'll love the opportunity) playing an India side without Tendulkar, Dravid, Pathan etc.
Old September 19, 2004, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by tehsin
I also want to add this - why don't we ask Kenya to come in place of India for the ODI tournament ? If we win, we can atleast save some dignity. If we loose, we help Kenyans strengthen their claim for test status.

alas, that would be too logical. one day, when you are in charge of the BCB, things will work better!

Does this mean no one day series between india/BD for sure - I thought previously only the triangular tournament was cancelled but didn't realize that it was to replace the Ind-BD series. That's a downer, was thinking of being in Dhaka at that time.
Old September 19, 2004, 10:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Since the Indians like their test cricket so much (they are not even playing any ODIs against the Aussies, prolly they will be whitewashed!) we should ask them to make space for a third test instead of the 3 ODIs.
Old September 19, 2004, 11:36 PM
Test Cricketer

i dont know what indians players problems r. they dont wanna play odi in bangladesh. mayb bc they think they r 2 good n blah blah. india always claim to b a such a good friend of bangladesh i think thas bunch of []. i think pakistan has been much better friend to us since independant then the indians. india is out for only themselves. [...]

Edited on, September 20, 2004, 5:11 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: No offensive comments allowed.
Old September 19, 2004, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)

u7mmm... amit...who said we didnt want to play against weaker teams? as u can see we can't wait till the Zimbabwean Series (btw... i hope we don't stuff up this golden opportunity, like we normally do)