facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 13, 2004, 04:50 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Happy Memories at the BNS

*1st ODI match for Bangladesh at the BNS (previous name National Stadium)

BD vs SL 1988 Asia Cup

*1998 ICC KnockOut Tournament (Mini World Cup) where Bangladesh did not participate, but it was the first big International Cricket tournament for Bangladesh in Bangladesh

*Bangladesh's highest opening stand to-date in One Day Internationals, was scored at this venue

BD vs ZIM 6th match, Meril International Cricket Tournament 1999

*In the same match, Bangladesh's maiden and the only ODI century so far was scored here at this venue (by Mehrab Hossain)

*Bangladesh's inaugural test match against India was held at this venue during 2000

BD vs IND Inaugural Test match 2000

I'm sure there are more happy memories involving the Bangabandhu National Stadium, what I would like to do, is invite everybody to share their happy memories of this venue in this thread.
Old October 13, 2004, 06:40 AM
Cricket Legend

One of my precious memory about this stadium (previous Dacca Stadium) when I was in the gallery on the 1st day of March, 1971 watching the unofficial test between Commonwealth and Pakistan, when news broke about Yahya's refusal of Parliament session, which ignited fire among us, the Bengalis of then East Pakistan. Momentarily, the stadium became a place full of slogans, fire and demonstration. That's the start of our Great Independence Movement.
I am sorry that I am writing about my personal memory, not related to the thread, nevertheless that was also a glorius chapter of our history.

Edited on, October 13, 2004, 11:43 AM GMT, by Sam.
Old October 13, 2004, 12:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Last time I watched a game in BNS was around 1999-2000 Winter. It was a league match between Abahani and Biman.