facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 22, 2004, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara
Default Resign, you shameless officials!

In civilized countries we use to observe the top bosses of an organisation resign/step out to keep their self-esteem when they miserably fail to acheive a certain goal or to serve a purpose...be it a minister, a sport coach or any top ranked official for that matter. I don't blame our coach, physios or Mr. Dudia, for they are HIRED to work for our cricket. I have hardly any doubt about their commitment for BD cricket, still you can't put some hired officials in the same belt of top ranked BCB policy makers, who are appointed to serve our cricket and our country as a whole. What are Mr. Lobby and his bunch of sycophants doing? Nothing substantial but expanding the BCB bank balance by using our talented cricketers! With a million dollar bank balance they can't even organize an effective domestic cricket league to nurture our talents. Shame on Lobby! Shame on the BCB officials.

Any self-esteemed personal would have immidiately resigned after some constant humiliating failure in international cricket. But this is Bangladesh and officials like Mr. Lobby and co will still appear grinning before the die hard BD fans with their stained teeth.

Edited on, October 22, 2004, 2:26 PM GMT, by Navarene.
Old October 22, 2004, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Resign, you shameless officials!
Melodious title man.

Jaihok, seriously and just out of curiosity, does anyone have a roster of who gets paid what in the ivory tower of Bangladesh cricket. And I don't mean the "hired" hands and other riff raff.

I am toying with the idea of amalgamating all the fire him, fire them threads into one starship thread. The next new topic on this sentiment may trigger a response from me
Old October 22, 2004, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
I am toying with the idea of amalgamating all the fire him, fire them threads into one starship thread. The next new topic on this sentiment may trigger a response from me
Way too smart for a moderator to amalgamate all these shoot and fire thread, man

But I was being critique to a bureaucrate for his unwavaring shamelesness for still sticking to the top position with lack of minimal knowledge about how to guide and build up the cricket infrastructure of a Test playing nation. Asking for a resignation is hardly reconciled with banning or firing a certain person.

Edited on, October 22, 2004, 7:27 PM GMT, by Navarene.
Old October 22, 2004, 02:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

The fact is, out on the field, it is the players who must perform. Blaming anyone and everyone isnt a realistic solution.

The most important thing we lack is a decent first class infrastucture.
Old October 22, 2004, 06:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Piranha

The most important thing we lack is a decent first class infrastucture.
Well that's the main failure and blames should still be directed to BCB. National league matches are played like having a picnic in the woods. Yes, I blame BCB for that too. They need little creativity as administrator and ofcourse it's not too much to ask. We, fans/posters here, relentlessly suggest/analize/try to find ways of development for our cricket spending our own money and time without any material gain. But BCB officials are paid to do exactly same thing in professional manner, but one may question why (they are paid)! I simply failed to understand why they were not keen to organise domestic cricket properly. Yeah, it's entirely BCB's fault. Like our batsmen , BCB also failed to implement SIMPLE basic things as administrator.
Old October 22, 2004, 07:47 PM
Retired BC Admin

Not having decent domestic competitions including the longer versions is as much a failure from the part of the clubs as it is from the part of the BCB.

At this time of (cricketing) infancy, I think name calling and blaming would do only more harm. What they need to do is to find a way to work together at all times.

But, BCB needs to be more open and transperent. They need to define the roadmap. They need to share their thoughts both with the public and the experts alike. If necessary, they should employ one or more foreign (do we have experts?) independant research groups for recommendations. At a minimum, they could ask for ideas and / or stage debates not for the mere sake of it but with an eye to consider the popular demand.

We need to see the BCB officials doing the right and at times innovative things (too much to ask for, right?) to move our cricket forward, not just for today but for tomorrow too.
Old October 22, 2004, 08:14 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Firstly lets see the realistic situation here... BCB is in essence a "political" organization and like all such orgs in BD it cannot be transparent to everyone with their works... lest all the crap present themselves in their full glory...

Well I personally dont expect BCB to stop all its unknown actions but they SHOULD really start considering the situation at hand. We dont have good players and we are a TEST nation. With the way things are going there wont be any Good players coming up either...

So I say fill your pockets with the govt money... take home the fame of being a hig official of the BD cricket governing body but... and i repeat but dont mess with the future of the cricket.

The oldies in the current team and the players who took us to the world Cup from the 1997 ICC trophy were the results of some intense cricket domestic cricket. Abanhoni, Mohamedan, Borthers, Bangladesh Biman... all these teams were competitive and these teams pooled the cream of the Bangladesh cricketers... with the intro of a very ineffective National Crikcet and Corporrate League (LOAD OF BS!!!) we have lost the effectiveness of the domestic cricket.

We shud have stuck to old team (abahoni-modemdan and the likes) league matches... and let them fight it out in the 3-day format and as well as 1 dayers... and even then if u want more cricket to get some revenue get the 20-20 thing going... 20-20 cricket will BURY the already dead bangladesh cricket infrastructure if given a majot part in the domestic league...