facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 26, 2004, 12:32 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Want to feel better after Day One/Day Two?

Read this - (a post by Aussiebloke in another thread)

"If our batsmen are so "average" and have "no technique" whatsoever as was mentioned, then why do we get upset when they lose? Shouldnt we be more understanding that this result is inevitable?

Unless of course (as I see) we can help in some way to improve the batting (even in miniscule scale). Yes, there may be someone taping all the batting and carrying it in the laptop. But what good is it just to show our batsmen the video footage. If they had so high IQ then we wouldnt be having this discussion today. Dav may be an exceptional inspirational coach, but even he has his limits. His former sri lankan team had loads of world-class talents. All he did was channel them in the right direction, motivate them. But our batsmen are not in that class YET. But they definitely can improve...even if this means they have to correct even the basic of basic shots. Unless they know what they lack and have the willingness to work on it, what more can Dav do? I definitely believe that the batting of our batsmen should be scrutinized even to the last segment. I dont know if enough is being done, or more could be done. But one think I know...there is ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT."

I felt better after reading this (and after the bashing of Day One). If you feel better after reading this, then this is worth a fortune to us.
Old October 26, 2004, 08:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Yeah this makes me feel better. But in a country of 160 million people you would think you could find players as good as the ones that Dav had at Sri Lanka.
Old October 26, 2004, 08:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally posted by bourny3
Yeah this makes me feel better. But in a country of 160 million people you would think you could find players as good as the ones that Dav had at Sri Lanka.
bourny3;

The sad reality of our country regarding cricket is that the brightest don't pick up cricket as a career. School level cricket is quite a thriving phenomenon. Yet, the brightest cricket players don't necessarily pursue playing professional sport such as cricket. Its a risk certainly not worth taking for most kids coming from middle class families.

That's why playing test level cricket is important for us as this would creat worthy goals for many to play in the highest level of the sport. The pay is decent enough the international exposure would provide motivation larger than it is now. You will notice me fighting in this site (and elsewhere as well) when people start talking negative about our cricket. Even if we loose miserably we should keep playing. Soon enough a few talented ones will come and out and rock the world. I kow it is frustrating to watch us loose everytime. But, if you look at the situation, it is a classic catch 22 scenario. I personally don't believe in the experience factor so much. The bright ones adapt faster anywhere you put them.
Old October 26, 2004, 09:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks ghor_jamai, after that i wont be talking much negative about the cricket of BD now. Now that the school kids have motivation to play cricket they will come through in 10 years and be awesome. I am looking forward to that.
Thanks again
Old October 26, 2004, 10:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

bourny3;

your constructive criticism is much appreciated. Please stick to your own style. All I am saying is that as fans we should accept the current reality and not be abusive. Eventually, we'll get there. I think Whatmore alike you or me has the same conviction on the 160 million people living in that country. It's just a matter of time.