facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 9, 2004, 10:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Default CCL no, National League no, New Domestic league yes.

Everyone is crying for a new domestic league. Dailystar is, I am, all of you are. I would think that some people in the BCB would also be crying for a new domestic league. But is there being something done about it. NO!!!

I just want to give you an example of a new Cricket league. One with maybe 4 teams in it. This would be perfect.

Take a look at Zimbabwe cricket League. They have already started their season, which is a lot more than you can say for Bangladesh. This is there fixture

Date Match Venue
==== ===== =====

26-29 Oct Manicaland v Midlands Mutare Sports Club
Matabeleland v Mashonaland Bulawayo Athletic Club

2-5 Nov Matabeleland v Manicaland Bulawayo Athletic Club
Midlands v Mashonaland Kwekwe Sports Club

7-10 Dec Manicaland v Mashonaland Mutare Sports Club
Midlands v Matabeleland Kwekwe Sports Club

====

12-15 April Mashonaland v Matabeleland Harare Sports Club
Midlands v Manicaland Kwekwe Sports Club

19-22 April Manicaland v Matabeleland Mutare Sports Club
Mashonaland v Midlands CFX Academy, Harare

26-29 April Mashonaland v Manicaland Harare Sports Club
Matabeleland v Midlands Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo

I have shown the Zimbabwe league because they are of the same standard as Bangladesh cricket.

They started in October and finish in April. You may notice the massive gap between December and April as I have. But Bangladesh could fill this gap in their new league. All this corporate stuff with 14 teams or what not is useless. Players that don’t deserve to play first class cricket are in the teams of these corporate leagues.

Going back to Zimbabwe they also have a one day competition that goes over 1 month in which they have included Namibia. They have a points table and a final. The new Domestic league could do this and invite Hong Kong down to play. Or Canada or some team that is good enough to play ODI cricket in the world Cup.

The new Domestic league will have 4 teams, names could be North, South, East and West or something completely different. They would contain 15 – 20 players in each team. There would be 2nd XI cricket. The National players would all have to play for these teams, when they are not on National Duty.

The 4 teams would comprise of 4 national squad players each. They would then be filled by U19 players. Ex- national players that want to be back in the side. As well as senior players like Aminul Islam, for advice and a player to look up to.

The 16 National Players (Taken from New Zealand tour)
*Habibul Bashar, Rajin Saleh, +Khaled Mashud, Javed Omar, Mohammad Ashraful, Nafis Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Alok Kapali, Hannan Sarkar, Manjural Islam Rana, Tapash Baisya, Mushfiqur Rahman, Mohammad Rafique, Tareq Aziz, Alamgir Kabir, Nazmul Hossain

The U19 Players (Taken from England tour)
+Dhiman Ghosh, Shamsur Rahman, Shahriar Nafees, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Nazimuddin, Naeem Islam, Talha Jubair, Nadif Chowdhury, Shahadat Hossain, Ashim Chowdhury, Rubaiyat Huq, *Enamul Haque jnr, Ishraq Sonet

The other Players, Ex-National, Seniors
Jamaluddin Ahmed, Anwar Hossain Monir, Nasiruddin Faruque, Manjural Islam, Mashrafe Mortaza, Minhajul Abedin, +Mohammad Salim, Mohammad Sharif, Abdur Razzaq, Akram Khan, Al Sahariar, Aminul Islam, +Anwar Hossain, Arafat Sunny, Elias Sunny, Fahim Muntasir, Faisal Hossain, +Golam Mortaza, Golam Rahman, Khaled Mahmud, Naimur Rahman, Rafiqul Islam, Sanwar Hossain, Shahriar Hossain, Tushar Imran

Any other players that you can think of please tell me.

Each team selects 2 batsmen from the National team and 2 bowlers from the National team. 1 Batsman from U19 team and 2 bowlers from U19 team. Players not selected go into the Other players selection.

Team 1
Habibul Bashar, Nafis Iqbal, Shamsur Rahman, Minhajul Abedin, Naimur Rahman, Tushar Imran, +Mohommad Salim, Manjural Islam Rana, Mushfiqur Rahman, Talha Jubair, Rubaiyat Huq, Nasiruddin Faruque

Team 2
Javed Omar, +Khaled Mahmud, Shahriar Nafees, Akram Khan, Sanwar Hossain, Khaled Mahmud, Arafat Sunny, Mohommad Rafique, Tareq Aziz, Shahadat Hossain, Ashim Chowdhury, Mashrafe Mortaza

Team 3
Mohommad Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed, +Dhiman Gosh, Al Sahariar, Shahriar Hossain, Fahim Muntasir, Elias Sunny, Nazmul Hossain, Alamgir Kabir, Enamul Haque Jnr, Ishraq Sonet, Mohammad Sharif

Team 4
Rajin Saleh, Alok Kapali, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Faisal Hossain, Aminul Islam, Jamaluddin Ahmed, Golam Rahman, Tapash Baisya, Hannan Sarkar, Nadif Chowdhury, Manjural Islam, Abdur Razzak

Theres 12 players per team. Other players that I have missed can fill the teams further. This would be a perfect competition. Names of the teams can be made by the BCB. What do you think.

The domestic competition would be 4 day matches between each team. Each team will play each other team home and away. Meaning 6 games for each team in a season. There would be a one-day competition in addition to the one month competition as well. Based around these 6 games. There would then be a final for both competitions. For the 4 day matches there will be a 5 day final. For the one day competition there would be a 3 one day games at a neutral ground.

What do you think????

If the BCB say it would cost too much to produce this league well then sell the TV rights because this competition would create great support from fans. This would also create major sponsorship deals to happen with each team.

Edited on, November 10, 2004, 3:38 AM GMT, by bourny3.

Old November 9, 2004, 11:17 PM
Test Cricketer

dont worry i know bcb will start new domestic league very soon. i know they got the message. we are starting premier league from november 23rd. after that i think national league. so bcb is thinking about domestic cricket in bangladesh.
Old November 9, 2004, 11:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Nice post bourny3. I would like to comment on particular aspect which has been highlighted regarding the obstacles in the path of a viable domestic league system i.e its COMMERCIAL viability. As with most cases in life, money is what it boils down to. Just as you said the BCB should look to raise the costs or most of it by selling rights etc. In this regard, we the media and fan sites have a very important responsibility. We need to get as much excited for our domestic match-ups as we do for our internationals. Now of course that is hard but we should try. Some tangible steps in that direction would be to give wide-spread coverage to domestic matches and team and individual performances in the league. As for BCB, they should try and arrange for TV coverage for the domestic match-ups (at least the important games) even if it is at a loss in the inital stages, just to create the necessary hype (clever media coverage can create hype and desire, when there is none!). In a nutshell, time to hype up our domestic league and hope that it will eventually live up to it!

Edited on, November 10, 2004, 4:35 AM GMT, by pompous.
Old November 10, 2004, 11:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

I don't think money will be a problem. Grameen had sponsored previous domestic leagues. They just announced 1.5 m taka for the pace hunt. I think BCB will be able to find a lot of sponsors. As for the fan interest, inviting a foreign team will generate plenty of fan interest, but I don't know if that will be worth the expense.
Old November 11, 2004, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

What is the expense of inviting a foreign team. They dont play any other matches. Wouldnt they come on their own funds.