facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 25, 2015, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tyrion, Varyse, P.Baelish
Default Ponderings From Me.

It's so hard to create a thread these days because most of the cliche topics are already taken and all I am left with are ideas of inconsequential importance. This will only be in conflict with members and mods' interests.

We as human beings should be fortunate to know that we stand at the pinnacle of known intellect. But being cognizant of this, I can't ignore the fact that humans are tribal, selfish, and other attributes that makes us who we are. We should be proud that we have the privileges to reason with fellow humans.

But what's the point of my ponderings?

I start with a quote from a Stark, "Syrio says that every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes us better."

These past few days we have learnt of Pluto's awakenin, the discovery of an exoplanet, Kepler blah blah blah.

We have smart people in this who would rather invest in research of heavenly bodies that are million of miles away. And yet we as the humans are treating fellow humans with utter disdain. Poverty still persists, and will continue to grow if only these smart people direct their attention to fix problems in our human civilization.

There's a general logic that's easy to grasp. It says that charity begins at home.

Why can't we fix the problems in our home first, then, with all the confidence, head outwards to conquer. It's simple on paper, but humans are selfish individuals.

One large step forward for humanity, two humungous steps backwards in the name of ignorance.

"Offense is taken, not given"
Old July 25, 2015, 05:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I think you need to find a hobby.. THe amount of useless threads you are opening is alarming..

Useless is ok as long as they are entertaining... Please don't pick up writing as one of your hobby... you gonna bore us to death and ppl gonna call you a killa!!
Old July 25, 2015, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Yep,your opinion matters. Thank you for being honest. English was never my strong suit. So there's my excuse for sucking at writing.

And thank you for bringing to light the usefulness of threads that I have opened. I've seen worse. And we are in the forget cricket section of the forum.

Old July 25, 2015, 05:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I am very honest that's why people don't like me. My opinions don't matter I know but at least it will have you pondering more.

English is the second language for majority of us here, first for you I assume. But I wasn't talking about your grammar rather content. You can be entertaining even with broken english like Sir Ashraful.
Old July 25, 2015, 05:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Bro, that's what you think. Honest is best. People are more original when they speak their mind and from their heart.

Old July 26, 2015, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
It's so hard to create a thread these days because most of the cliche topics are already taken and all I am left with are ideas of inconsequential importance. This will only be in conflict with members and mods' interests.

We as human beings should be fortunate to know that we stand at the pinnacle of known intellect. But being cognizant of this, I can't ignore the fact that humans are tribal, selfish, and other attributes that makes us who we are. We should be proud that we have the privileges to reason with fellow humans.

But what's the point of my ponderings?

I start with a quote from a Stark, "Syrio says that every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes us better."

These past few days we have learnt of Pluto's awakenin, the discovery of an exoplanet, Kepler blah blah blah.

We have smart people in this who would rather invest in research of heavenly bodies that are million of miles away. And yet we as the humans are treating fellow humans with utter disdain. Poverty still persists, and will continue to grow if only these smart people direct their attention to fix problems in our human civilization.

There's a general logic that's easy to grasp. It says that charity begins at home.

Why can't we fix the problems in our home first, then, with all the confidence, head outwards to conquer. It's simple on paper, but humans are selfish individuals.

One large step forward for humanity, two humungous steps backwards in the name of ignorance.
Difficult to say if we are selfish by nature or we became selfish within the society, to gain insights you could read : Rousseau, Hobbes, Grotius and Locke.

To understand why we prefer to spend billions $$$ for Kepler or why average guy spend more than 100000 takas| year for football or other sports where at the same time millions of children could not go to school you should read the theory of |social enbeddedness|

Personally I think we are selfish for two main reasons:
-human are social animal, we want to be desired by others that's why we always want more than others.
-the nature of the money: you could accumulate as much as you want there is no limit
Old July 26, 2015, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Difficult to say if we are selfish by nature or we became selfish within the society, to gain insights you could read : Rousseau, Hobbes, Grotius and Locke.

To understand why we prefer to spend billions $$$ for Kepler or why average guy spend more than 100000 takas| year for football or other sports where at the same time millions of children could not go to school you should read the theory of |social enbeddedness|

Personally I think we are selfish for two main reasons:
-human are social animal, we want to be desired by others that's why we always want more than others.
-the nature of the money: you could accumulate as much as you want there is no limit
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have read about hobbes. And aristotle.

I think I understand the selfish part. An individual can feel that he's the most important person in The world, that is true. But history has shown and proved that we are not the center of anything. Like it or not we must share the world.

Old July 26, 2015, 11:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have read about hobbes. And aristotle.

I think I understand the selfish part. An individual can feel that he's the most important person in The world, that is true. But history has shown and proved that we are not the center of anything. Like it or not we must share the world.
You seem to have a kind mindset, but unfortunately world is a tough place, life is a curée
Old July 26, 2015, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
You seem to have a kind mindset, but unfortunately world is a tough place, life is a curée
That I can see. Unfortunately, we only have limited time here, the world remains.