facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1801  
Old October 19, 2016, 07:10 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 11,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Aklemalp dadu, you posted your bio-data...you want to get married? You sound like you are suffering from joiboner jalapeño...hehehe
Hehe...perhaps you are correct...so any Deshi girl reading this...if you are looking for a guy, please link up...I must alert you though that I am not well versed in the bengali language...so that may be a disadvantage or an advantage depending on the person..

But BK bhai, I must say that the intention of this reintroduction was to let new members know about a poster like myself. all good intentions
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote

  #1802  
Old January 5, 2017, 01:02 PM
amk_psy amk_psy is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 5, 2017
Posts: 12

hello everyone..... i am ahmed from dhaka...have been following this forum since 2014...i am a big fan of bd cricket....will love to share my thoughts with u all...thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1803  
Old January 5, 2017, 02:57 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 11,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_psy
hello everyone..... i am ahmed from dhaka...have been following this forum since 2014...i am a big fan of bd cricket....will love to share my thoughts with u all...thanks
You are welcomed. Feel free to engage in the conversations...especially the Match Thread...lots of fun..looking forward for your input...

Enjoy bro ahmed
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #1804  
Old January 6, 2017, 01:54 AM
wtachetna wtachetna is offline
Club Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 22, 2016
Location: India
Favorite Player: Malinga
Posts: 52

I'm Chetna from India, have been here for few months. I love cricket and I am a promoter of one of the best latest sport news websites.
__________________
Latest Sport News
Reply With Quote
  #1805  
Old January 22, 2017, 12:56 AM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 501

Hi,

Roy from India, student and cricket fanatic, I am a Bengali myself and it is really good to see Bangladesh making inroads into the bests in cricket.

Regards
Reply With Quote
  #1806  
Old January 22, 2017, 04:08 AM
ReZ_1's Avatar
ReZ_1 ReZ_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 31, 2012
Location: Where heart touches mind
Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler
Posts: 2,274

Hi Roy_1, few years ago there was also a guy from India(bengali/calcutta) whose name was Sum_1, though I don`t see him around these days. and yes I am Rez_2... Nice to see u..
__________________
"- O Allah, forgive our sins and have mercy on us ! Help us through worst times and bless us with good ones, you are the ONE the only one to guide us to right path and save us from disasters.."
Reply With Quote
  #1807  
Old January 22, 2017, 09:30 AM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Hi Roy_1, few years ago there was also a guy from India(bengali/calcutta) whose name was Sum_1, though I don`t see him around these days. and yes I am Rez_2... Nice to see u..
Thanks for the warm welcome bro, although not sure what dots you are trying to connect though , I am not from Kolkata BTW
Reply With Quote
  #1808  
Old January 22, 2017, 12:21 PM
Mas_UK25's Avatar
Mas_UK25 Mas_UK25 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 15, 2015
Location: London, England, UK
Favorite Player: Mustafizur, Sabbir.
Posts: 3,719

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtachetna
I'm Chetna from India, have been here for few months. I love cricket and I am a promoter of one of the best latest sport news websites.
All this time I thought you was BDESHI then thought the username sounds Sri Lankan.

Anyway. Let's just say, it's clear now.

And btw, like to know, what's the best sport website your a promoter of?
Reply With Quote
  #1809  
Old January 22, 2017, 12:48 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 11,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Hi,

Roy from India, student and cricket fanatic, I am a Bengali myself and it is really good to see Bangladesh making inroads into the bests in cricket.

Regards
Thank you for your introduction, Roy from India. Almost the same interests as you, not a Bengali though
Anyways, hope to see you participating in the cricket conversations...and almost anything else on this section of the forum.
You need any advice, just ask.

Aklemalp
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #1810  
Old January 22, 2017, 04:30 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 22,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Hi,

Roy from India, student and cricket fanatic, I am a Bengali myself and it is really good to see Bangladesh making inroads into the bests in cricket.

Regards
Hello Roy Dada,

A warm welcome to Banglacricket.com.
Please post more, stay active and hang around.

bk
__________________
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton - Dr. Jill Stein - Michelle Obama - Cynthia McKinney - Cheri Honkala - Gloria LaRiva - Alyson Kennedy - Huma Abedin
May our Lord bless our leaders
Reply With Quote
  #1811  
Old January 22, 2017, 11:57 PM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hello Roy Dada,

A warm welcome to Banglacricket.com.
Please post more, stay active and hang around.

bk
Dhonyobad for the warm welcome, bujhee kom Bhai
Reply With Quote
  #1812  
Old January 24, 2017, 02:28 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 28,592

Welcome to Banglacricket. Roy_1, wtachetna, amk_psy, nightman.

What food do you like? Travel? Movies? Songs? Languages? Where do you stay?

Alu bhaji, Dim bhaji and Poratha. Haven't been to South America or Australia. Movies: no time for that. Songs: lately I have enjoyed Frank Sinatha's few songs. Languages: Several but not fluent. USA.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #1813  
Old January 25, 2017, 11:13 AM
R0ssei R0ssei is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 49
BDFlag Introduction

I’m Rossei, married, and blessed with a 2-year old beautiful daughter. I’m into my 30’s now. Wish I could say I’m in mid-20’s or even late-20’s. I left Bangladesh for good at 19, did my post-secondary’s here in Canada and then gradually settled down. I live with my family in a small city of Ontario, Canada and work for a crown corp, responsible for power transmission and distribution (similar to PDB of BAN). Since I started living in this all-white much smaller city, it has been mostly friendless for me and therefore you see me.

I love cricket, football and table tennis. I play soccer whenever I get an opportunity and play TT almost regularly; but haven’t played cricket for an awful long time. However, I’ve been following bangla cricket from mid-90’s with handheld radios. Miss those good old days, going to the stadium at dawn, cheering for BAN against PAK/IND/ENG A teams. I try to keep myself updated with our cricket although can’t really watch most games live anymore. Some of my all-time favorite cricketers: S Anwar, B Lara, S. Akhtar etc. Among Bangladeshis, I love most; to mention a few: Akram, Bashar, Pilot, Rafique, Ashraful, Tamim, Sabbir etc.

I love cars, a boisterous dream that never left me. I also love food and enjoy cooking as well. Khichuri with goru or porota with goru’r jhura are perhaps my most favorite dish. I’m always there to try new cuisines, but my mom and wife, being hardcore Muslims eating only ‘Halal’, refrain me from doing so. I've been to many countries (thanks to my dear late father), but never been to Africa.

I love movies, genre vary from action, adventure, thriller to animations. I can’t say I have keen ears for music, but I go all lovey-dovey when my better half sings.

There it is, an essay about myself. I wish to be regular here and watch amazing things done by Bangladeshi cricketers.
Reply With Quote
  #1814  
Old January 25, 2017, 12:02 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 11,201

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
I’m Rossei, married, and blessed with a 2-year old beautiful daughter. I’m into my 30’s now. Wish I could say I’m in mid-20’s or even late-20’s. I left Bangladesh for good at 19, did my post-secondary’s here in Canada and then gradually settled down. I live with my family in a small city of Ontario, Canada and work for a crown corp, responsible for power transmission and distribution (similar to PDB of BAN). Since I started living in this all-white much smaller city, it has been mostly friendless for me and therefore you see me.

I love cricket, football and table tennis. I play soccer whenever I get an opportunity and play TT almost regularly; but haven’t played cricket for an awful long time. However, I’ve been following bangla cricket from mid-90’s with handheld radios. Miss those good old days, going to the stadium at dawn, cheering for BAN against PAK/IND/ENG A teams. I try to keep myself updated with our cricket although can’t really watch most games live anymore. Some of my all-time favorite cricketers: S Anwar, B Lara, S. Akhtar etc. Among Bangladeshis, I love most; to mention a few: Akram, Bashar, Pilot, Rafique, Ashraful, Tamim, Sabbir etc.

I love cars, a boisterous dream that never left me. I also love food and enjoy cooking as well. Khichuri with goru or porota with goru’r jhura are perhaps my most favorite dish. I’m always there to try new cuisines, but my mom and wife, being hardcore Muslims eating only ‘Halal’, refrain me from doing so. I've been to many countries (thanks to my dear late father), but never been to Africa.

I love movies, genre vary from action, adventure, thriller to animations. I can’t say I have keen ears for music, but I go all lovey-dovey when my better half sings.

There it is, an essay about myself. I wish to be regular here and watch amazing things done by Bangladeshi cricketers.
Thank you so much for this write-up about yourself.

This forum is an elixir to all you missed about your country...having conversations/discussions with people who have the same thing common as you...

The more you engage, the stronger the bonds get.

Enjoy!
__________________
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #1815  
Old January 25, 2017, 12:21 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 22,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk_psy
hello everyone..... i am ahmed from dhaka...have been following this forum since 2014...i am a big fan of bd cricket....will love to share my thoughts with u all...thanks
Salaam, Ahmed bhaiya. A very warm welcome to Banglacricket.com.
I am also from Dhaka.
__________________
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton - Dr. Jill Stein - Michelle Obama - Cynthia McKinney - Cheri Honkala - Gloria LaRiva - Alyson Kennedy - Huma Abedin
May our Lord bless our leaders
Reply With Quote
  #1816  
Old January 25, 2017, 12:22 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 22,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtachetna
I'm Chetna from India, have been here for few months. I love cricket and I am a promoter of one of the best latest sport news websites.
Hello wtachetna bhaiya, a super warm welcome to Banglacricket.com.
__________________
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton - Dr. Jill Stein - Michelle Obama - Cynthia McKinney - Cheri Honkala - Gloria LaRiva - Alyson Kennedy - Huma Abedin
May our Lord bless our leaders
Reply With Quote
  #1817  
Old January 25, 2017, 12:27 PM
bujhee kom's Avatar
bujhee kom bujhee kom is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: June 27, 2007
Location: Dhaka Mental Hospital
Favorite Player: Mo Chowdhury MoC
Posts: 22,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
I’m Rossei, married, and blessed with a 2-year old beautiful daughter. I’m into my 30’s now. Wish I could say I’m in mid-20’s or even late-20’s. I left Bangladesh for good at 19, did my post-secondary’s here in Canada and then gradually settled down. I live with my family in a small city of Ontario, Canada and work for a crown corp, responsible for power transmission and distribution (similar to PDB of BAN). Since I started living in this all-white much smaller city, it has been mostly friendless for me and therefore you see me.

...

I love cars, a boisterous dream that never left me. I also love food and enjoy cooking as well. Khichuri with goru or porota with goru’r jhura are perhaps my most favorite dish. I’m always there to try new cuisines, but my mom and wife, being hardcore Muslims eating only ‘Halal’, refrain me from doing so. I've been to many countries (thanks to my dear late father), but never been to Africa.

I love movies, genre vary from action, adventure, thriller to animations. I can’t say I have keen ears for music, but I go all lovey-dovey when my better half sings.

There it is, an essay about myself. I wish to be regular here and watch amazing things done by Bangladeshi cricketers.
Salaam and what a fantastic introduction, Rossei bhaiya.
A very warm welcome to banglacricket.com.

I also love dry khichuri and extra jhaal goru bhuna + aloo. I could eat them everyday 4 times a day.

That is really awesome you travelled around the world. May the Lord bless your beloved father's soul. Insh Allah, you will visit Africa someday soon.

I really like supernatural, horror and serial killers' movies.
My all-time favorite movie is 'Count Dracula'
__________________
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton - Dr. Jill Stein - Michelle Obama - Cynthia McKinney - Cheri Honkala - Gloria LaRiva - Alyson Kennedy - Huma Abedin
May our Lord bless our leaders
Reply With Quote
  #1818  
Old January 25, 2017, 01:35 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 7,382

Rossei you work at Bruce?
Reply With Quote
  #1819  
Old January 25, 2017, 02:25 PM
R0ssei R0ssei is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Rossei you work at Bruce?
Close, I work for Hydro One.

You from Mississauga?
Reply With Quote
  #1820  
Old January 25, 2017, 02:32 PM
R0ssei R0ssei is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Salaam and what a fantastic introduction, Rossei bhaiya.
A very warm welcome to banglacricket.com.

I also love dry khichuri and extra jhaal goru bhuna + aloo. I could eat them everyday 4 times a day.

That is really awesome you travelled around the world. May the Lord bless your beloved father's soul. Insh Allah, you will visit Africa someday soon.

I really like supernatural, horror and serial killers' movies.
My all-time favorite movie is 'Count Dracula'
W. Salam,

Yeh, I can eat beef all day everyday; but my mom n wife don't allow it anymore

I don't want to visit Africa though, some places need to be left untouched

I can't stand horror movies, actually it freaks me out. On the contrary, my wife's fav movie is SAW series. I like serial killing movie, without any horror part.

Thanks for your warm welcome!!! I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #1821  
Old January 25, 2017, 02:59 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 7,382

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
Close, I work for Hydro One.

You from Mississauga?
Yup

When you said small white city and involved in power distribution, I was thinking Kincardine where Bruce Plant is located .
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
  #1822  
Old January 26, 2017, 07:45 AM
R0ssei R0ssei is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 29, 2016
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Posts: 49
Default Sarnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Yup

When you said small white city and involved in power distribution, I was thinking Kincardine where Bruce Plant is located .
Small, but yet bigger than Kincardine or Port Elgin which are practically towns, not cities. I live in Sarnia. Besides Bruce is private power generation, nothing to do with province-wide transmission/distribution where we come in.

Anyway, it's really nice to find a fellow Bangladeshi-Canadian here. And I hope there are/will be more.
Reply With Quote
  #1823  
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Kagisoooo & Saif
Posts: 11,201

To all new members, it would be nice if you guys can come and take some time to introduce yourselves.

What sparked your interest in joining this forum?

From where did you first heard about this forum?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket