facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 30, 2004, 07:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by chinaman
Welcome to banglacricket, guys. Glad to have one more Aussie in the Tiger's home.
Thanks
Old December 30, 2004, 10:16 AM
Street Cricketer

Default GOOD LUCK

Hello everybody, I'm Mafij from East London, UK.

I am a manager of Vallance Cricket Club VCC in London where most of Bangladeshi origin lives. From VCC we would like to WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND wish 2005 will be a great year for Bangladesh Cricket.
Old December 30, 2004, 11:17 AM
Retired BC Admin

Welcome to banglacricket, mafij. Thank you very much and you too have a very happy New Year.

May be one day you can share some of your experience with the VCC here.
Old December 30, 2004, 02:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Me

Shakil Choudhury
Software developer, IBM Canada.
37 years old ( bura )

Blind supporter of BD cricket.

Worst day in my life : when BD lost to Canada.

Married, one daughter.

I have a Mechanical Engineering degree from BUET and a Computer science degree from York University of Toronto.
Old December 30, 2004, 06:11 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shakilc
37 years old ( bura )
Still you have lots of life in you :P
Old December 30, 2004, 06:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by shujan
Friends call me Shujan. I am an eager Tiger fan like most of you. I am from Houston Texas.
Though you have more posts in your credit than me(meaning you are here longer than me), I welcome you--- the Texas cowboy.
Old December 30, 2004, 06:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Hello Everyone.Iam!!!!most probably the oldest member of this forum.Living here since 1985.Great fan of Cricket!Played in the Dhaka leauge.My father played in the Quaid-E-Azam Trophy in the 70 in Pakistan. I Played for the Swedish National Team 1992-1999.Iam a Dental Technician.
Old December 30, 2004, 07:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

hi my name is Faisal. im 22 years old...
studying travel & tourism 3rd semister..
well i join banglacricker few months back.. even though i watch cricket on tv also buy package online such as willow tv, sgstream,, but still i come here & share my feelinngs with you guys... thank you..

[ bangladesh will win first test match against zim, so be ready guys]
Old December 30, 2004, 07:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss

I am the old daddy here.... working in a financial services company as s/w release manager in San Francisco... love cricket, plyed cricket in BD in my younger days with Kalabagan then concentrated on life just like most of us. Still couldn't give up playing, so currently I am playing in Bay Area cricket league ... I enjoy fielding and taking quick singles

I have my family pix at http://photos.yahoo.com/zubairquazi

Long live Bangladesh
Old December 30, 2004, 08:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

my name is asaad...i like to take long walks in the park, i love recieving flowers from my girlfriend on my birthday, and go once a week with my mom to get my nails done. i like country music as i am from nashville. HAHA

just kidding.

i like basketball, football, and cricket. my favorite teams are phoenix suns, minnesota timberwolves, tennessee titans, and of course bangladesh. i also like music, mostly i listen to rap although i like select songs from alternative, country, rock, and punk (i think). my favorite artist at the moment is eminem, although i think lloyd banks looks cool.

i also am interested in religions particularily judaism, christianity, and islam. i like studying islam, politcal science, and world affairs. i also like history (some of it).
Old December 30, 2004, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

A warm welcome to all our new members! Interested in hearing more about the Swedish national team and the VCC
Old December 30, 2004, 11:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bangalee
Thank you for sharing the pics with the rest of the members. By the by, welcome to the forum.
Old December 30, 2004, 11:29 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bat&PadTogether
Hello Everyone.Iam!!!!most probably the oldest member of this forum.Living here since 1985.Great fan of Cricket!Played in the Dhaka leauge.My father played in the Quaid-E-Azam Trophy in the 70 in Pakistan. I Played for the Swedish National Team 1992-1999.Iam a Dental Technician.
Welcome to the forum. By the by, how old are you?
Old December 31, 2004, 05:58 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Maruf
Quote:
Originally posted by bangalee
Thank you for sharing the pics with the rest of the members. By the by, welcome to the forum.
hmmm.. there seems to be a strong resemblence with George Michael in his Wham days
Old January 1, 2005, 08:35 AM
Street Cricketer

Rajin Salah ray doyra pitaaaaaa..... Orray ami dhakbar pari na....
Old January 1, 2005, 12:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Haradhon = Hosain Alam from Washington, D.C. suburb, Maryland, USA.
Happy New Year to all Banglacricket fans.
I can be truthful only if you guys do not kick me out for being the OLDEST VISITOR to this forum. Folks, I an older than “Reinausagi” or “Chinaman!” I am 42 years 309 days old, an electrical engineer currently working as engineering manager for the U. S. government, and live in Maryland, USA since 1986.
My association with cricket dates back to the late Seventies when I was a fan of the “Rising Star” club of Chittagong League. My memories of the Seventies are watching Shafiqul Haq Hira sweeping spinners and creating a storm of dust, watching Dileep Mendis fielding in silly point and whacking BD bowlers without mercy in Chittagong, and being a Yusuf Babu fan, who scored 78 against MCC in 1978.
Recent cricketing activities: Played “tape tennis” (tennis ball wrapped with electrical tape) with the University of Maryland students in the side walk at the college Park campus in summer 2003.

Tehsin: I, perhaps, know you. We were invited to the same lunch as “jamai babu.”
Old January 1, 2005, 01:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
My memories of the Seventies are watching Shafiqul Haq Hira sweeping spinners and creating a storm of dust, watching Dileep Mendis fielding in silly point and whacking BD bowlers without mercy in Chittagong, and being a Yusuf Babu fan, who scored 78 against MCC in 1978.
Welcome 'oldie'. Good to have someone else who remembers Heera's jharoo shot. I used to hang out with the player's wives/sisters and such during the games. Heera had a Japanese wife who spoke perfect Bangla! Shamim Kabir's wife who was in her thirties and trying to concieve their first child was deathly afraid one of the MCC pace bowlers was going to sneak through the bat and pad and do some damage

About Mendis' feilding.. I remember he took a hard shot straight from one of the BD batsmen straight to the gut and held on to it for an out! We had thought he was going to the hospital! No, he just dusted himself off and handed the ball to Warnapura.

Anyway. WELCOME!
Old January 1, 2005, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

hahahahahahah
Old January 1, 2005, 07:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Maruf
Quote:
Originally posted by shujan
Friends call me Shujan. I am an eager Tiger fan like most of you. I am from Houston Texas.
Though you have more posts in your credit than me(meaning you are here longer than me), I welcome you--- the Texas cowboy.
Howdy Maruf! Thank you very much. Welcome to the Jungle.
Old January 1, 2005, 11:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Looks like we(texans) are the majority here!!!
Old January 2, 2005, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

yep a lot of texans
Old January 2, 2005, 09:44 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Howdy Maruf! Thank you very much. Welcome to the Jungle.
You are welcome. I see a lot of people are from Texas. All cricket lovers have invaded George Bush's home town
Old January 3, 2005, 02:59 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Guess what folks .. I moved from Texas (grand prairie, 20 miles south of Dallas and 10 minutes south of Six Flags) to become (I'm afraid) the 'jamai babu' at the same party as haradhon. Unfortunately, i was never invited, apparantly, they invited my in-laws and somehow I was supposed to be involved in some way.

I have not been in the intro section for a while but I see that we have a lot of new members (seasonal ? - ie winning season) and I just wanted to welcome everyone who has joined us to experience the start of the golden years of BD cricket.

Haradhon (uncle? Dula bhai?), if I was the same person, you probably know me as Moyeen. For everyone else, I'm in Virginia right now and I will join haradhon this year for the tape tennis adventure at UMD as soon as I go see a doctor and get some x-rays done on my right shoulder. Cricket khela 'follow' korte korte amader player der moto injured hoye gechi.
Old January 3, 2005, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Hey guys!
I was wondering how one can possibly get direct TV in Canada? If anyone has the slightest of clues please post a message.

Thank you for your collaboration
Old January 5, 2005, 10:21 AM
Street Cricketer

hi all,
i dont want to miss da chance to introduce myself ('nijer dhol nije petano') ....before dis topic is declared locked!

I am Shourov , 22 (.....obviously Pure Bangladeshi)....at this moment from Tokyo, Japan; doing my undergrad here.Staying in Japan for 3 years.

I am watching cricket from '92 World Cup (still recall the 'flying jump' of Jonty Rhodes).

I was following this forum for 6 months...but joined as a member (street cricketer!...somehow I like the naming) just 3/4 days ago(!!).

Thanks to all organizers for dis nice discussion forum.
Best luck to our team in the tests starting tomorrow.

Edited on, January 5, 2005, 3:52 PM GMT, by alim83.