facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 22, 2005, 11:35 AM
Street Cricketer

Nick: mobeen
Religion: Islam
Country of Origin: Pakistan
Country of Residence: Canada
Aim In life: exposition of Shia beliefs[kufar]
Hobbies: Cricket (represented my college and Zone/medium pacer)& read books
Language: Urdu, Punjabi,English
Marital status: Married
Job: Financial Advisor with a international Bank.
Old July 22, 2005, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Mobeen, welcome to BC.

mod.action

I urge you to read forum guidelines before you make any further posts.

This site is not for the propagation of any agenday you might have.
Old July 22, 2005, 08:27 PM
Street Cricketer

^ I have no agenda as persay, I read few threads regarding shia beliefs on your board and just presented my input on the same cause.
I do not disrespect any one, I did not use condesending language, neither did I make up the content of my article, I just quoted directly from shia source what their beliefs are and provieded the link to the same source.
This is in accordance with the rules of you site, if you be precise enough to point out the rules that I hae violated inshallah in future I will avoid such infractions.
Old July 22, 2005, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Mobeen - then you are most welcome. Join us and enjoy the roller coaster ride of Bangladesh cricket fans.
Old July 27, 2005, 01:20 AM
Street Cricketer

Jazzakallah Khair

You still have not posted the rules that I have violated, Inshallah I will definately be part of the debate on cricket. Still want to know where I went wrong.
Old July 27, 2005, 01:31 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Quote:
Originally posted by Sami
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
oh mercy! Finally someone from willes is here. I opened a thread a while ago to find out if there's anyone from WLFS, but that thread got ZERO response, sadly.
RazabQ is from willes... i think he keeps mentioning that whenever he sees an oppurtunity... :P
yeah i noticed! But he's too old for me to make a friend. :P
eh? amra buira bole ki amader shaad ahlaad hoy na? Perhaps you are closer in batch to my younger brother, Arafat?

I was actually pretty chummy with my juniors Willesies. After all most of us went thru experiences with Sweetie Miss, Alam Sir, Khurshid Jahan, Dilip Kumar, Amino Islam et al. Ah those were the days - bunking classes to go play cricket on the concrete runway. I used to practice with Opee and gang.
Old July 27, 2005, 01:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by mobeen
Jazzakallah Khair

You still have not posted the rules that I have violated, Inshallah I will definately be part of the debate on cricket. Still want to know where I went wrong.
Your topic was potentially controversial, taking into account the title you had given to your post - these kind of topics have a tendency to degrade very fast. Also do read A.3.1. But as we get to know you - degree of laxness can go both ways.
Old July 27, 2005, 01:32 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
^^^

Not really, he is a very "cool" boro bhai. Helpful too
Aww shucks!
Old July 30, 2005, 02:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
eh? amra buira bole ki amader shaad ahlaad hoy na?
apni nijekei jodi nije buira mone koren, tahole amader aar ki bolar! I thought u would say something like start bragging about how young you look, etc etc!

Quote:
Originally posted by RazabQ
Perhaps you are closer in batch to my younger brother, Arafat?
Arafat ? Oh there was one Arafat in my class... precisely, right from Nursery to P-6. Arafat bin Shahid (Anik) you talking of ? Man... after coming here, never got to stay in touch with the guys!
Old July 31, 2005, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Not sure what "exposition of Shia beliefs" really means but if it is to "expose" Shia beliefs and if that is your aim in life, then it seems your life is pretty sad and empty. Were you signing up for some mujaheddin training camp in your country, perhaps that would have been an appropriate and welcome introduction. But being that you are in a Bangladeshi cricket website, that is a distasteful and arrogant remark to make. You are not welcome, I'm afraid.
Old August 8, 2005, 05:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Hi , I m Arif............became an adult last january (i turned 18) ............. AND after that i started thinking manly thoughts and started debating in a cricketing site devoted completely to cricket .(banglacricket.com)..

i m a student of mechanical electronical systems engineering at Glasgow Caledonian university.... had alwayz an ambition to manufacture bangladesh's first automobile.......(hey ,i was just kidding.....that was only an ambition)......

I m a die hard fan of b'desh team and arsenal.......and i could talk hours and hours and hours about our cricket team.....that my indian and pakistani friends at times get pissed off.......

khuda hafiz

Edited on, August 9, 2005, 3:05 PM GMT, by anthrax.
Old August 8, 2005, 08:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Just saying hello. Pretty nice site.

lk
Old August 8, 2005, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

lk

Very interesting screen name
Old August 11, 2005, 04:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Hmm! Where shall I start....

married with children ... meaning buirader bap. but still kid in heart. Livin in Arkansas for the last "juug". before that in Iowa (studied there) Love sports..

Great website. wished had found earlier.
Old August 12, 2005, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Pretty late time to introduce myself given that I joined 2 years back, but here goes!

I am a 23 year old Bangladeshi living in the UAE.

Its in the UAE (in the middle east) that I was born and where I am currently working.

I am also a UT Austin graduate in elec. engineering , (graduated in 2003), wonder whether there are any other longhorns out here?
Old August 18, 2005, 05:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
Quote:
Not sure what "exposition of Shia beliefs" really means but if it is to "expose" Shia beliefs and if that is your aim in life, then it seems your life is pretty sad and empty. Were you signing up for some mujaheddin training camp in your country, perhaps that would have been an appropriate and welcome introduction. But being that you are in a Bangladeshi cricket website, that is a distasteful and arrogant remark to make. You are not welcome, I'm afraid.
Good call. How does someone get an "aim in life" like that?@#$%^&*(7

I hope his boss at his bank turns out to be a Shia and fires his arse for being racist. (to discuss it.......but to have it your main aim in life?^&*)
Old August 19, 2005, 01:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Good call. How does someone get an "aim in life" like that?@#$%^&*(7

I hope his boss at his bank turns out to be a Shia and fires his arse for being racist. (to discuss it.......but to have it your main aim in life?^&*)
Most sunni scholars think the same way about shias.there is nothing wrong in exposing something that is fabricated.

I do not want to start a debate on shia and sunnism, but as outr prophet (pbuh) said " And the worst of affairs are newly invented matters, and every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance is in the fire of Hell" This is a translation of part of " Khutbat al Haajah" which the Prophet(pbuh) would give whenever he would start a speech.

Many of the things followed by shias is clearly against the teachings of prophet Muhammad(pbuh) and some goes to the extent of shirk.There are lot of scholar who has dedicated their lives for this, to preserve the message of Quran and sunnah and point out the wrongs. This doesn't make them terrorist or racist.

But this should be done with the pure intention of putting up the truth and not just refuting a different point of view.

Edited on, August 20, 2005, 8:29 AM GMT, by nayeem007.
Old August 19, 2005, 01:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

We could discuss shiaism on the old banglacricket thread of
Difference between Islam and Shi'ism rather than making this "Introduce Yourself" thread totally off topic.
Old August 22, 2005, 07:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Bangladesh

Hi everyone,
Born in beautiful Sylhet and raised in funky/cosmopolitan London. Had a mixed ( anglo-bangla) education, have studied Economics with Philosophy(!) but became fascinated by Islam- the primordial "way of life" for Man! This led me to study the Arabic language and Islamic sciences in Bangladesh, England, Syria and the land of "promise" U.S!

Previously, I have taught Arabic language and basic Islamic sciences, although, I know a very little of Islam and continue to struggle (jahada-iajhadu - jihad) to become a better muslim ( I dont say this just out of humility)! Currently, I'm working for Amnesty International in Norway.

Favourite books : The Book of Allah: Qur'an (Koran),
Muhammad: his life story based on earlier sources, Shakespeare in the light of sacred art, The technological society, Ehya uloom-ud-deen (the revival of sacred knowledge).

Authors: Ghazzali, Martin Lings, Rene Guenon, Thomas Arnold, Said Hossain Nasr, Shakespeare, Tolstoy, Ramadan al-Buti.

Poets: Rumi, Mutanabbi, Shakespeare, Wordsworth,Tagore and Nazrul Islam.

Quote: " The most Merciful ( Allah/God) shows mercy towards those who are merciful. Show mercy to those who lives in this earth and the One who is in Heaven will show mercy to you"! - Muhammed ( peace and blessings upon him).

Other interests: organic farming, alternative medicine, handcrafts, travelling, languages and sufi, jazz and world music esp. folk music (except German folk ).

Fav Bangladeshi cricketers: Khaled Masud, Mashrafi. Ashraful, Aftab and Kapali(!).

Fav World cricketers: Wasim Akram, Tendulkar, Saeed Anwar, Dravid, Lara, Viv Richards, Inzamam, Murali, Waugh bros, Gilchrist, Ponting, Mcgrath, Waqar, Kapil Dev and Imran Khan.

Peace!
Old August 22, 2005, 08:17 AM
Cricket Guru

^^^
BTW, I'm in my early 30s and still single!! Any help out there??!
Old August 22, 2005, 09:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by BanCricFan
Other interests: organic farming,
Interesting indeed. Since your interest goes for organic farming/agriculture, I'd like you to check out the link below:
http://membres.lycos.fr/ubinig/naya/index.html

In Bangladesh, there are now movements for alternatives in agriculture. One such example is the NayaKrishi Andolan (New Agricultural Movement) and this movement is against "beesh", which in Bangla means poison, an apt term for pesticides.

Over 100,000 farming families are part of the Bangladeshi Nayakrishi Andolan or 'New Agriculture Movement'. They have set up seed banks that they call 'community seed wealth centres' of traditional varieties, and by engaging in seed swapping, bypass commercial seed entirely. This maintains not only their own self-reliance, but the biodiversity of the world's agricultural resources -- they have over one thousand varieties of rice and 37 vegetable varieties. Interesting, yeah?

p.s. sorry for the off topic
Old August 22, 2005, 10:17 AM
Club Cricketer

Well I know i'm bit too late to introduce myself but again i found it interesting to know abt other guy's here and thought wudnt be a bad idea write a bit abt me too. I am within a touching distance from being 29 and probably among one of the few "boro bhi" in this site...LOL. When I came in London I was studied BBA and after completing I changed my path and thought why not give a try on learning bit of computing. So, I started studying Under Graduate and about to finish my final year in computing. I am a keen follower of cricket and used to play regularly as one down batsman and slow medium bowlers while I was back home. Others sports I like is badminton and football(English premier league - Arsenal is my fav team). My fav player is Pilot at home and Wasim Akram in abroad. I believe we wudnt see another Akram in our life time. In my opinion he is an undisputed king of the fast bowling. By the way, if any body from london wanna fancy to play cricket ocassionally please feel free to contact with me.

Edited on, August 22, 2005, 3:23 PM GMT, by ejaj_a.
Old August 23, 2005, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene
Quote:
Originally posted by BanCricFan
Other interests: organic farming,
Interesting indeed. Since your interest goes for organic farming/agriculture, I'd like you to check out the link below:
http://membres.lycos.fr/ubinig/naya/index.html
Refreshing news, indeed!! Thanks, Navarene, for sharing this uplifting bit of information about such a noble and much needed project. I was aware of some organic/eco-boilogical "Andolon" in Bangladesh but never have thought that it could be so wholistic and profund!

Its so refreshing to know that they have recognised and considered the art of agriculture not just as an isolated but rather an integral part of a "back to nature" and spiritually enriched "way of life"!

Are you involved with this " Andolon" in any way or form??

Edited on, August 23, 2005, 9:49 PM GMT, by BanCricFan.
Old August 27, 2005, 10:06 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

A belated welcome to all the new members. Bene slacking off a a lot lately but with the series upon us, had to come in and check on this thread (and others).

Cats_eye, took you this long to find this site ? The site was born out of a local ISP in Arkadelphia, AR by yours truly almost 8 years ago. It used to be www.iocc.com/~salient/cricket/. Have come a long long way since those days.

Where in Arkansas ?
Old September 5, 2005, 12:30 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I'm Shishir. I'm 18 years old, living in London.. about to start BSc in Internet Computing @ Goldsmiths College.

I'm a web developer, computer geek and a serious medal of honor freak. I love heavy metal/hardcore music, gaming, cricket, football, badminton and snooker. I also play drums... umm what else.. I love Bangladesh.

Last edited by Hatebreed; August 25, 2007 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: removed e-mail