facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 6, 2004, 12:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Zim scheduled to have full Test status before BD tour

Zimbabwe are set to play Bangladesh away, and South Africa early next year - and these two series are scheduled to have full Test status.

Full report:
Zimbabwe is all set to get back Test status next month without the need for a fresh assessment, Ehsan Mani, the International Cricket Council president, told the Associated Press.

The Zimbabwean cricket team was given six months to raise its level to Test standard after disputes between players and cricketers meant that several key players were unable to represent Zimbabwe. A young and inexperienced team was then trounced twice in succession by Sri Lanka.

But Mani revealed that the six-month deadline was not "set in stone" and that there was no need for a fresh assessment at any time. Zimbabwe are set to play Bangladesh away, and South Africa early next year - and these two series are scheduled to have full Test status.

"There is no ultimatum on Zimbabwe to reach a satisfactory standard. The six months period was just loose," Mani is quoted as saying by the Associated Press. When asked to clarify if this meant that Zimbabwe would once more be considered a Test team from the time they go to Bangladesh - without any assessment of their capabilities being made after then or after South Africa - Mani said "That is the case."

Mani was making his fourth visit to Zimbabwe during England's tour of the country, and said, "I felt the need to see for myself the security and safety situation in the country and the possibility of public protests."

source

Edited on, December 6, 2004, 5:35 PM GMT, by nihi.
Old December 6, 2004, 12:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think they should get the Test status- we need to play them now- and i mean now- coz its the best chance we can get in order to show some sort of positive results and a win is very likely.
GIVE THEM THE BLOODY TEST STATUS!!!