facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old November 3, 2013, 01:40 PM
Tiger Manc's Avatar
Tiger Manc Tiger Manc is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: November 2, 2009
Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo
Posts: 4,457

Good knock when we needed it, especially in the absence of Tamim. Anamul scored a century in his 2nd match and many others before him have scored big knocks too, so he's still got a long way to go, but great to see more competition for the top order slots.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old November 3, 2013, 01:49 PM
rinathq's Avatar
rinathq rinathq is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Favorite Player: Mash, Shak, Enam, Riyad
Posts: 2,819

Didnt get a chance to see his batting today but it seems like he wouldnt make the best partner for Tamim in ODIs since both them have the mentality to smash it out. But definitely for T20, Tamim-Shamsur is all set. I guess if Tamim decides to develop himself as a more moderate batsman than it would be good to have both of them open in ODIs. But Shamsur will need to show some consistency to stay... he has Anamul, Jahirul and now Junaid to compete.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old November 3, 2013, 02:56 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 2,767

As long as he doesn't follow TI, fitness wise, he will be a good player.
__________________
"Life is a dream from which we all must wake."
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old November 3, 2013, 06:08 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Didnt get a chance to see his batting today but it seems like he wouldnt make the best partner for Tamim in ODIs since both them have the mentality to smash it out. But definitely for T20, Tamim-Shamsur is all set. I guess if Tamim decides to develop himself as a more moderate batsman than it would be good to have both of them open in ODIs. But Shamsur will need to show some consistency to stay... he has Anamul, Jahirul and now Junaid to compete.
shamsur from viewing this innings, is better and more comfortable at changing gears than tamim is, he could just as easily begin a match just scoring singles, his gear changing looked effortless. tamim has the ability but he struggles with it much more mentally and therefore it's not as natural or comfortable and doesn't work for him as often but shamsur looks to be able to do it no problem.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old November 3, 2013, 06:38 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,546

I will vote for him to do better, Let's persist with him at least for the next two series as Tamim's opening partner. You know, a left hand right hand opening partnership can really frustrate the opposition when they are consistently scoring at a solid pace and in-form.
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Old November 4, 2013, 10:06 AM
shuziburo's Avatar
shuziburo shuziburo is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: April 12, 2007
Location: Dhaka / NYC Metro Area
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Posts: 9,082

I was really impressed by this inning. While he hit a lot of boundaries, he was adept at taking singles and blocking good balls. His timing is superb and footwork is pretty good. I still believe in Anamul, but maybe he can be tried at his true position, No. 3.
__________________
প্রথম বাংলাদেশ আমার শেষ বাংলাদেশ, জীবন বাংলাদেশ আমার মরন বাংলাদেশ।
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old November 4, 2013, 10:11 AM
SS SS is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 24, 2004
Posts: 9,144

Kopa Shamsur hate akon Ki botir bade bat taile...Hajar hoile gentleman's game
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old November 4, 2013, 10:17 AM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I was really impressed by this inning. While he hit a lot of boundaries, he was adept at taking singles and blocking good balls. His timing is superb and footwork is pretty good. I still believe in Anamul, but maybe he can be tried at his true position, No. 3.
Yes to my surprise his footwork looked more than adequate. Redin this the message board I had q wrong preconceived idae that he may have very bad footwork and will not survive as an opener in this level of cricket.

Thats why we need to see first hand of a player before discounting him as "no-good".

Yes it's just one game, and this doen;t make him a sure shot, But so far so good.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old November 5, 2013, 02:56 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

he was very impressive, very very solid, can change gears, seems to be quite calm almost all of the time, those are good qualities for a #3 and obviously worked for him as an opener in this innings.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old November 5, 2013, 03:03 AM
Habib's Avatar
Habib Habib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 30, 2007
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: A few
Posts: 7,320

Shamsur has earned the right to be given atleast as much chance as Anamul got. I hope he cements his place.
__________________
Nevermind
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old November 5, 2013, 04:54 PM
simon's Avatar
simon simon is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 20, 2008
Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Posts: 19,579

now that he scored big everyone likes his technique, footwork
the day he will score single dizits people will start saying his technique is poor.

Anyway, I'm not a specialist,I just like his attitude, what I think of him is that he is similar to Tamim, which means he will back himself playing big shots & he will also get carried away.
This is the feeling I got since BPL2 and the international matches he played thus far, like the T20S vs Zim.

If it's his day he will make it count big time, if not there will be single dizits, so be prepared for it.
__________________
Tea20 is just not our cup of tea.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old November 5, 2013, 10:30 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
now that he scored big everyone likes his technique, footwork
the day he will score single dizits people will start saying his technique is poor.

Anyway, I'm not a specialist,I just like his attitude, what I think of him is that he is similar to Tamim, which means he will back himself playing big shots & he will also get carried away.
This is the feeling I got since BPL2 and the international matches he played thus far, like the T20S vs Zim.

If it's his day he will make it count big time, if not there will be single dizits, so be prepared for it.
This is the first time I got to see him bat, I know a lot of people said he had poor footwork and technique but it didn't look to bad in this innings, it's about consistency though so hopefully he has that.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old November 5, 2013, 10:38 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,097

I thought Shamsurs technique was pretty good. Definitely better than any of the other openers that we've tried for years without success. He has the ability to succeed but question is can he continue this success? I hope he can.

I hope they don't put him in to the Test squad just because he scored this 96. Let him beat out the other openers in domestic FCs before throwing him in. A good ODI performance should not get you a Test call up.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old November 5, 2013, 10:44 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I thought Shamsurs technique was pretty good. Definitely better than any of the other openers that we've tried for years without success. He has the ability to succeed but question is can he continue this success? I hope he can.

I hope they don't put him in to the Test squad just because he scored this 96. Let him beat out the other openers in domestic FCs before throwing him in. A good ODI performance should not get you a Test call up.
I hope they stick with anamul for a bit longer in tests but yeah let's see him be consistent in ODIs before pushing him into the test team. He does look good though, like you say better than any others we've tried.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old November 5, 2013, 10:47 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
I hope they stick with anamul for a bit longer in tests but yeah let's see him be consistent in ODIs before pushing him into the test team. He does look good though, like you say better than any others we've tried.
I'd like to keep an open mind now for the 2nd openers spot in Tests. In ODIs there's no doubt Shamsur will now be the partner alongside Tamim but I think anyone can make it now in Tests. Depends on who performs in NCL/BCL.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old November 6, 2013, 01:17 AM
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Favorite Player: Tendo, Shakib, Gilchrist
Posts: 2,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
now that he scored big everyone likes his technique, footwork
the day he will score single dizits people will start saying his technique is poor.

Anyway, I'm not a specialist,I just like his attitude, what I think of him is that he is similar to Tamim, which means he will back himself playing big shots & he will also get carried away.
This is the feeling I got since BPL2 and the international matches he played thus far, like the T20S vs Zim.

If it's his day he will make it count big time, if not there will be single dizits, so be prepared for it.
I don't really see the comparison with tamim. Tamim is someone who can score by playing proper cricketing shots. When it comes to slogging he looks quite ugly. SRS on the other hand maintains a good shape when he goes for the slog. Big difference

my 2 cents

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old November 11, 2013, 03:55 PM
moneymoney moneymoney is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: December 12, 2012
Posts: 48

Compared to other new faces in the team Shamsur Shuvo looks more matured.

I believe he is from Naeem / Riyad's batch in BKSP. They were 1 batch senor to Shakib/Mushfiq/Sonnet/Sohrawardy's. So he's been around for a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old November 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymoney
Compared to other new faces in the team Shamsur Shuvo looks more matured.

I believe he is from Naeem / Riyad's batch in BKSP. They were 1 batch senor to Shakib/Mushfiq/Sonnet/Sohrawardy's. So he's been around for a long time.
still only 25 though, he does look like a more well rounded batsman on his arrival to the team but can he score consistently, that is the question.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old November 13, 2013, 03:49 PM
Fazal's Avatar
Fazal Fazal is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 16, 2004
Posts: 15,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
but can he score consistently, that is the question.
We will only know the answer only if he is allowed to play consistently in future games.
__________________
Stop that “chudurbudur”
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old November 13, 2013, 07:52 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
We will only know the answer only if he is allowed to play consistently in future games.
Correct. With his 96 he should be 2nd opener in the shorter formats for now (at least a couple of series), anamul should be back-up opener and also contending for the #3 slot.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old November 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Hashim Amla
Posts: 10,546

He definitely deserves at least two more series no doubt(at least in T20 and ODI) maybe a test debut too...
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old November 13, 2013, 08:10 PM
Moh899's Avatar
Moh899 Moh899 is offline
ODI Cricketer
 
Join Date: August 4, 2012
Location: n.y.c
Favorite Player: shakib al hasan
Posts: 887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Correct. With his 96 he should be 2nd opener in the shorter formats for now (at least a couple of series), anamul should be back-up opener and also contending for the #3 slot.
Anamul is a natural #3. Maybe Shamsur coming in is a gift for Anamul to play in his natural position!
__________________
stop making so little seem so big! stop being complacent.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old November 13, 2013, 10:24 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
Anamul is a natural #3. Maybe Shamsur coming in is a gift for Anamul to play in his natural position!
Going to be tough though, I'd expect Marshall to be the #3 in the next couple of test series (longer if he does well) and mominul to be continued with for a bit in the short formats (and if he fails they may move naeem up to 3).
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old November 13, 2013, 10:37 PM
Tiger444's Avatar
Tiger444 Tiger444 is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: February 17, 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Favorite Player: All the BD players
Posts: 8,097

If Anamul wants to make it, he's got to make it as an opener because the #3 spot is now occupied by Marshall and if Marshall doesn't end up being the answer, then Naeem would most likely get the first nod ahead of everyone. And in the shorter versions, Mominul or Naeem will likely bat there.

Shorter versions, Shamsur has closed the door on Anamul for at least a series.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old November 14, 2013, 05:19 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 8,387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
If Anamul wants to make it, he's got to make it as an opener because the #3 spot is now occupied by Marshall and if Marshall doesn't end up being the answer, then Naeem would most likely get the first nod ahead of everyone. And in the shorter versions, Mominul or Naeem will likely bat there.

Shorter versions, Shamsur has closed the door on Anamul for at least a series.
I think the selectors are looking at him as an opener anyway, otherwise I think he may have been given chances at #3 at some stage. He's still got to contend with shamsur and jahurul and possibly junaid fir an opener spot so not that easy to make it as opener either despite it being a weak point.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Procter 9 Miller 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket