facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 12, 2005, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Default Bangla TV show to teach youngstars cricket techniques.

There should be a bangla tv show teaching kids the techniques of batting, bowling, fielding, and thinking cricket.

If its hard to make they should buy Engilish shows and show it with Bangla dubbing. This will give kids the chance to learn the game from experts at an earlier age.

I wish I had learned the techniques of the game when I was a kid.

For each show they should have:
6 minute for one specific batting shot
6 minute for one specific bowling technique
3 minutes on one specific fielding technique,
5 minutes of advertisements on Soft Drinks,
5 minutes of advetisements on cosmetics,
5 minutes of advertisement on Channel owner's 22 year old wife's Music DVD. (I am not sure if thats music).

So there you go. I hope some light bulbs just went on in some cricket guru's head.
Old January 12, 2005, 01:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
5 minutes of advetisements on cosmetics,

Cigarette ad will work... beer add will work (ops! Not allowed in BD) ...cereal ad will work .... car ad will work but cosmetics (unless its lifeboy)? Nah...

Edited on, January 12, 2005, 6:44 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old January 12, 2005, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

As far as I know there used to be a Cricket coaching show on BTV during the early and mid 90s. I forgot the guys name that was the moderator, but he was a prominent coach in BD. He used to teach cricket in Abahani ground even before the show started.

But more importantly, I whink what we really need is more awareness in the school level. I remeber having stupid physical education class or PT class back in my school days. They tried their best to make us jack of all trades which is a mistake to begin with. I know our education system lack in funds, but if we could support school kids' natural talents in sports through required training, then our players would've been much more technically savvy.
Old January 12, 2005, 03:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Excellent Idea Pagol-Chagol. If we can teach the kids the right technique at an early age - they have to work lot less to fix their technique at a later age. Again I hope one of the TV Channels will take this initiative.
Old January 12, 2005, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

This is an excellent idea by pagol-chagol (except ads, of course). But I agree with BETAAR that, cricket should be introduced and nourished in school level. Schools should have trained coaches(PT teacher) and BCB can help to train them properly.
In our times, when there was no TV, we used to read books on techniques and rules of cricket. those books were rich with illustrations and even now those remain the source of the basics of cricket for me. One can always supplement the basics with new developments.
Old January 12, 2005, 11:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by BETAAR
As far as I know there used to be a Cricket coaching show on BTV during the early and mid 90s. I forgot the guys name that was the moderator, but he was a prominent coach in BD. He used to teach cricket in Abahani ground even before the show started.

But more importantly, I whink what we really need is more awareness in the school level. I remeber having stupid physical education class or PT class back in my school days. They tried their best to make us jack of all trades which is a mistake to begin with. I know our education system lack in funds, but if we could support school kids' natural talents in sports through required training, then our players would've been much more technically savvy.
yeah his name was altaf hossain. a prominant cricket coach in bangladesh at that time. i was his student for a while too. he was very strict.
Old January 13, 2005, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
Originally posted by BETAAR
School cricket training will have great impact. The problem is with the logistics. Its incredibly expensive. Thousands of people need to be trained. The education and sports ministry have to work together and you know how it goes. Implementationof this plan is a monumental task for an entire ministry let alone you or me. The results will be long and there is no guarantee that the money spent will be worth it.

TV coaching on the other hand is incredible simple, can be done by a single person and actually it will make money immediately.

All you need to do is get some English or Australian cricket coaching videos from ebay or some other site, copy them like a lunatic Ph.D thesis writer, hire an editor and and a cameraman.

Copy everything.

Sell it to one of the TV channels for good money. Its very doable with minimal headache.

May be 10 years later when Shahid Afridi, the TV commentator, will interview the new 18 year old phenom for scoring the first Bandladeshi Triple Century, he is going to mention that he was born in your TV show.

Keep up the spirit.