facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 12, 2005, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Grameen Phone Sports Time

From watching this talk show I think that cricket infrastructure in BD will be improving a lot in coming days. The selectors are also maturing with time and experience. A lot of issues that we discuss here in the forum were also discussed and explained. Waiting for the next week's show.

http://www.banglacricket.com/multime...ports_time.wmv
Old January 12, 2005, 09:09 PM
BC Editorial Team

Very eye opening show - their sincerity was refreshing. Just wish they would get a producer to take those calls so Atahar & Prince would not keep getting interrupted.

Liked hearing their intent to prepare bouncy green tops to make our batters better - which is something that even India has only recently started doing.

The Left hand argument was informative too as was the Durjoy situation which indicates that players can no longer feel a sense of entitlement to national team spots. I really hope Durjoy puts aside his ego and goes for one of the tours.

Finally, it felt great that there were women callers as well as a Indian national wishing us best.
Old January 12, 2005, 10:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Wow! This was a very good conversation. The show was very poorly produced, cell phones continuosly interrupting, and the bald headed guy was a royal pain. But, the content was fantastic.

Yes, it shows that the selectors are quite sincere about what they are doing.

It is sad to hear the confirmation of the Durjoy story. I was hoping that the press had got it wrong or something along those lines...it was not to be.

The news of an upcoming cricket academy sounds good. What we really need to do is make the 'pacer hunt' a more structured endevour.

Dissapointments:
1) They didnt talk about building a proper first class structure. At this stage we desperately need to sort out this problem.

2) No mention of the Shanto fiasco.
Old January 12, 2005, 11:07 PM
Test Cricketer

it was a good show but atahar and prince really didnt answer questions that i would like them to. specially what is being done to improve domestic cricket. i really think we should turn dhaka premier league in to a first class tournament where foreign players can play.
Old January 12, 2005, 11:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Channel I sports news (01/12/05)

https://home.comcast.net/~sheikhhasa...ews_011205.wmv

If you have interest on these news and sport shows I will try to bring all cricket news everyday and cricket shows/discussion from channel I. Let me know if you are interested to watch news clips and shows from Channel I.

Plus any other program you want from channel I let me know (you probably would love to watch the lux photogenic show, girls having foam dumble fight in swimming pool).
Old January 12, 2005, 11:53 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder

If you have interest on these news and sport shows I will try to bring all cricket news everyday and cricket shows/discussion from channel I. Let me know if you are interested to watch news clips and shows from Channel I.
Allrounder, I dont know about the others, but I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE a regular supply of clips from the news.

You've done a fantastic job in bringing us these two clips. Keep up the good work!
Old January 13, 2005, 12:08 AM
Test Cricketer

wow it would be cool if u could do so allrounder. and yes i was waiting for someone to ask a question as to why shanto was included in 3rd ODI. i don't know what would've been their answer as they themselves said that every player must go through a proper process to make a come back to the nat'l team.
the show was great, glad to hear from atahar and prince. i have to agree that the show was very poorly produced.
Old January 13, 2005, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally posted by Piranha
Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder

Allrounder, I dont know about the others, but I would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE a regular supply of clips from the news.

You've done a fantastic job in bringing us these two clips. Keep up the good work!
Add me with you, Piranha!

Thank you for the clip, Allrounder. Pls capture those cricket shows/discussions and bring em here.
Old January 13, 2005, 06:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I think we will see Nafees Ahmed play for Bangladesh sooner than later. The selectors said that they are keenly aware that a left-right pair would make a bowler's life difficult. But at the same time they want players to come into the team through a process i.e. represent BCB XI and A-team selections and perform well, perform well in the domestic league etc. Nafees Ahmed seems to have met all the abover criteria.
Old January 13, 2005, 08:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I thought they already answered why they included shanto which backfiered leave it now.... It was a mistake and they know it
Old January 13, 2005, 09:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Courtney Walsh

Good idea...but following are my suggestions:

1. needs to get professionalism into producing and directing of this show....
2. agree with Piranha, have to get rid of the "baldy" and get someone more younger host, who knows when and how to ignore phone calls so that no one gets interrupted....
3. just to add to razabq's suggestion, using a silent phone (flashing light) would be a good idea too.

Strange, all the caller was looking for Atahar....wonder what was Prince feeling...
Old January 13, 2005, 09:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

Those unplanned phone calls interruptions were very irritating and un-professional. Those interruptions break the chain of thoughts for many important answers. It's a very interesting show - they just need to change the way they take calls.

Good Job.
Old January 13, 2005, 07:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Man the Takku is so rude.... I know this guy once before Football WC final game was saying there is three parts in the head and one has to use all three parts to be successful @@##??
Old January 14, 2005, 03:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Glad to see the talk show format..but these guys are still growing thru the growing pains.
Traditionally, the call-in shows would have some lowly interns screening the callers and put 'em on the queue till the Q&A session w/ offline callers starts.
This baldy seems to be a desperate wannabe. I don't care if he's old as long as he has the charisma and on-camera presence! Sadly, he came across too cocky for some reason and pathetically naif for someone of his age...had no control over those interrupting calls.
As everyone has said, it was really good to see the candor from those ex-cricketers - refreshing.