Bashar is scared! Is he doing good?
Prothom-alo reports that Bashar is too scared of taking more time of finishing up bowling on time. This is because earlier during 2nd ODI against India, he was wanrned for taking more than alloted time for bowling. The 2nd warning is an automatic 1 game suspension.
1. Since then he is not using the pacers to their full quota. He is just too scared. Tapash and Nazmul had 7 overs among them in the 1st ODI.
2. His captaincy has been detoriated also. BD finished 20 minutes early than the alloted time. This says Bashar is poor with time management. Poor bowlers selection at the end according to prothom-alo. 72 runs in last 10 overs.
3. Bashar's bowling rotation is aweful recently. First the pacres were giving away too many runs, Bashar was late to react or bring changes. Razzak gave away 20 some runs in the first 2 overs, and instead of giving him a little break, he kept bowling him. Sure he might have done well, but after a really bad over bowler can quickly lose confidence. So a little break in bowling can give them time to think and recooperate. Bashar failed to realize that.
4. Bashar was using Enamul from the wrong end in the second innings in 2nd test. The most succesful bowler was brought in after 27 overs. The gap actually let the ZIM batsmen settle down after an awesome break by Masri. He just simply let it go and watched. One more break could have shattered the ZIM resistence and brought us a victory.
5. I was excited to see Bashar's captaincy in the 2nd ODI against India, he was magnificent. But recently I just think that he is doing very poorly as a captain with bowling rotation, creating pressure when the time is right, become aggressive and so on.
6. Some say he is learning. Come on, after so many years of playing how much time do you need to learn? After retirement? Some say we dont have any alternative. My question is why not then train him well how to captain the team with more efficiency?
I think we really need to good captain, captaicy is one thing that is hurting this team right now.