facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old January 18, 2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

Default Cricinfo not India, but Indian

I wholeheartedly support Chinaman's request about not calling names with nationality. Hateful comments, as he said, towards a country can be painful. Cricinfo is not India.

However, cricinfo is SIGNIFICANTLY Indian.

One of the founders, Dr. Badri Sheshadri (present CEO) is an Indian.

Dr. Sheshadri owns about 10% of the company.

Sify.com (an Indian company, as most of us already know), owns 33% of wisden cricinfo. This percentage translates into ownership stake.

The writers (including ones that contributed in Bangladesh related pieces)such as Rahul Bhatia, Sambit Bal and S Rajesh are all Indians indeed. By the way, the other writer that many of our members hate, Tapan Joshi, is involved with cricketnext.com, not cricinfo. Cricketnext.com, however, has cooperative relationship with?- none other than sify.com, part owner of cricinfo.

Cricinfo maintains two offices in India only, after all, its a big country.

A circumstantial proof of the source of negative campaign against Bangladesh in general - Just do your own internet research using popular engines such as Google, you will see that almost all of it comes from one source unfortunately. India or Indian.

This is painful.

Don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings here, just stating facts. My own feelings do matter, don't they?
Old January 18, 2005, 06:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Have you guys read the last paragraph of cricinfos bulletin, its outrageous. I bet India would have done the samein this situation, if they were playing Australia.
Old January 18, 2005, 06:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

isnt it more appropriate to say that CricInfo is a British-Indian jointventure ?

I am only guessing...
Old January 18, 2005, 06:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

i have to admit, cricinfo has this negative tilt about bangladesh instead of encouragement
Old January 18, 2005, 07:57 PM
Street Cricketer

Here is the qoute from cricketinfo bulletin: "The mission to win a series had finally been accomplished, but the showing in the second Test indicated that Bangladesh still have some way to go with their mental approach. Chasing 374 was a real possibility, given that they needed only 276 on the final day with all ten wickets in hand on a pitch which suited their batsmen. But they chose to tread the safe path, which was a disappointing choice. " --- Rahul Bhatia (an indian) is on the staff of Cricinfo.

Cricketinfo is always negative about BD no matter what ! They never ever appriciated BD effort. But one thing we know for sure that negative journalism can not stop BD progress..Cricketinfo--BD is coming just wait and see...........
Old January 18, 2005, 09:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Funney thing is when i was checking the scorecard in the morning (5:45am USA CT) i was stunt to see MR. Taibu as the player of the series and now i found out they changed it may be its an big INDIAN effort too....
Old January 18, 2005, 10:06 PM
Retired BC Admin

Please read my message few more times. It appears to me that you guys still don't get it.

Let me just say this, even if that site is 100% owned and operated by a certain nationality, it is still unfair to blame the entire nation for the site's views.

Anyway, I'll close this thread now.
Closed Thread