facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 5, 2005, 12:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Bangladeshi Cricket Team, Coach Whatmore and Atahar Ali khan in Online Talk show

Please see the Show postponed message

Onirbaan Presents Online Chat Show with the Captain of the BD Cricket Team Habibul Bashar Sumon, Coach Dav Whatmore and Selector Atahar Ali Khan.

First time Test and One day series winner Bangladesh Cricket Team along with some sports journalists, is scheduled to have a live friendly discussion in the Onirbaan room of Paltalk on Sunday , February 13th, 2005" . The program will start at 12 noon BD time. (Saturday 1 a.m. NY time)

Besides discussing their victory moments with their fans, the members of "BD Team" presented, will also take part in a question/answer segment where fans will be able to directly ask questions about their personal and professional life and the future of BD cricket.

Please come and have a friendly chat with some of the members including the captain & coach of BD Cricket Team and one of the finest player turned selector Atahar Ali Khan send this message to your friends as well who are listed in your pal list, yahoo list and any other contact lists that you may have, so that u can enjoy the show with your loving friends .. For details please visit www.onirbaan.com.

For further information regarding the show please contact webmaster@onirbaan.com or info@onirbaan.com. You can also visit www.onirbaan.com/forum or http://www.onirbaan.com/nextshow/nextshow.htm for updated information on the show.

For instructions on how to participate in this live chat show on 13th February please visit ......... http://www.onirbaan.com/paltalkinstr...structions.htm

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 6:21 PM GMT, by Onirbaan.
Old February 5, 2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Old February 5, 2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

sotti naki dhappabaji :duh:
Old February 5, 2005, 01:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Dhappabajir kono bepar nei ekhane. Onirbaan is a well reputed organization. Bangladeshe amader popularity barche prochondo drutotar shathey. Amader pray shob onushthan NTV te announce kora hoy ebong onushthaner ullekhjoggo ongsho goolo NTVr onushthane prochar kora hoy. Prochondo khushi hobo jodi 13 tarikhe BD time Dupur 12tay amader shathey apnara e onushthanti upobhog korte paren.
Quote:
Originally posted by ZaKi
sotti naki dhappabaji :duh:
Edited on, February 5, 2005, 6:34 PM GMT, by Onirbaan.
Old February 5, 2005, 01:35 PM
Banned

13 tarikh onek deri... ato dine vule jaite pari..... tai ektu mone kore diyen ager din
Old February 5, 2005, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladeshe amader popularity barche prochondo drutotar shathey. Ami Prochondo khushi hobo.

Old February 5, 2005, 02:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

guys dont worry... i will make sure if its real or not... then i will let u know...
Old February 5, 2005, 02:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Thats sounds kool!

Just want to mention something funny.
In the onirban forum there is actually one thread where everyone says "bye" to each other. That's it, nothing else, just "bye" , "good night", "bye all", "abar kalke dekha hobe", "sweet dreams".

That's just funny as hell!!

http://www.onirbaan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33
Old February 5, 2005, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Bangladeshe amader popularity barche prochondo drutotar shathey. Ami Prochondo khushi hobo.

Did you understand this?
Old February 5, 2005, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

"Did you understand this?"

Hehehe, i think so.

"amader popularity" = My Popularity.
"Prachondo" = Prachanda (Hindi) = Monumental (Or, a Lot).

Didn't understand "drutotar shathey", but i guess that's what delights me ... the need to connect the dots. Actually, i think i understand "Shathey" which would mean "In company", but that still only adds to confusion, so i ignored it.

I assume (and am reasonably sure) that "Bangladeshe amader popularity barche prochondo drutotar shathey" means "I am gonna be immensely popular in Bangladesh" .

The second sentence was an easy one.

I enjoy the bangla-learning exercise. I am good.

Edited on, February 5, 2005, 8:00 PM GMT, by DJ Sahastra.
Old February 5, 2005, 03:02 PM
Street Cricketer

Most of the users in the forum became such good friends that they spend most of their time in the forum replying to each others posts. Some of the members actually spend hours at a time when they log into the forum. And keep replying to other users posts back and forth. Thus, when it comes to leaving the forum they actually go through a "ritual" which we call "biday neya" in bangla. This might seem quite funny to many people who are regular members of various forums... how ever you need to understand that many of those users actually came from the world of chatting and hense they try to make the forum a bit similer to the chatting world that they left behind or still is a part of.

As far as all the questions regarding the validity of the show..... the show will take place and those who are interested will show up. For the rest who would not show up out of skepticism would miss one of the greates chance to ask their questions directly to the players, Atahar and The coach.

Please note that Onirbaan.com is under heavy construction and many of the pages are still being developed thus there is a possibility that you would stumble upon broken links. The entire site is sheduled to be up and running by the end of february. We will have pictures and reviews of all our previous shows (Band shows: LRB, Souls, Black, Warfaze and talk show with Mahi B. Chowdhury) in the "previous shows" section.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
Thats sounds kool!

Just want to mention something funny.
In the onirban forum there is actually one thread where everyone says "bye" to each other. That's it, nothing else, just "bye" , "good night", "bye all", "abar kalke dekha hobe", "sweet dreams".

That's just funny as hell!!

http://www.onirbaan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33
Old February 5, 2005, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

"Please note that Onirbaan.com is under heavy construction"

I like that

I am sure tonnes of cement, bricks and mortars must be in use and heavy earth-movers ploughing the whole place
Old February 5, 2005, 03:07 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I assume (and am reasonably sure) that "Bangladeshe amader popularity barche prochondo drutotar shathey" means "I am gonna be immensely popular in Bangladesh" .
Almost there
Actually "amader" means Our

so the translation is:
Our popularity is increasing tremendously in Bangladesh.
Old February 5, 2005, 03:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

>> "amader popularity" = My Popularity.

"amader popularity" = OUR Popularity.

Your are doing fine with Bangla.
Old February 5, 2005, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

"Our popularity is increasing tremendously in Bangladesh. "

LOL. Just a little disappointed, cos i thought "I am gonna be immensely popular in Bangladesh" and was glad about it.

On the brighter side, i now know the difference between Ami and Amader, which i had mistakenly assumed to be the same .
Old February 5, 2005, 03:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

excuse me onirban??? are you advertising about ur webiste fourm or wut.... what the hell..
we dont care about ur fourm... we come here caz we care about banglacricket & we care our cricket team.... i hope u wont advertise or tell about ur webiste or about ur fourm... if u want to go some other place & do that... not here... u sound slike good politican.. nnyways.. we got ur messege... thnx

Edited on, February 5, 2005, 8:27 PM GMT, by Faisal.
Old February 5, 2005, 03:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

DJ.. u doing cool with bangla.. keep it up!

onirban: is this interview first ever 'onilne-chat' program by your forum? if it isn't ... what were the previous programs?... was there any 'cricket-talk' online programs like this one before... conducted by 'onirban'?

would like to know more pls..
Old February 5, 2005, 03:29 PM
Street Cricketer

Hmm... lets see... is this Faisal from Toronto? As far as I can remember there is only one user in Paltalk who jumps into conclusion before analysing all the facts.

Am I advertising a forum or website? NO. Google does that quite well and Bangladeshi media has been doing that relentlesslyfor the last few months. I am here to invite everyone to a show that I am sure every BD cricket fans will enjoy and would like to be a part of. I am also here to answer any questions that members of banglacricket may have regarding the show. Hope this answers your questions.
Old February 5, 2005, 03:37 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Thanks Onirbaan for the invitation. Hopefully many of our members will show up.
Old February 5, 2005, 03:39 PM
Street Cricketer

Thank you crickethorizon for your question. Our forum is a tiny part of our group. Every month Onirbaan hold online programs that mainly take place in Paltalk and is broadcasted live from Bangladesh. Onirbaan has already sent an email to Tehsin, the founder of banglacricket.com asking him and all his fellow admins to be an integral part of our next show with the BD cricket team and the members of BCCB.

Onirbaan is tremendously involved in cultural, social, and recreational activities in Bangladesh. We have already held numerous online shows with several different Bangladeshi bands as well as political figures. Our main goal is to bring all expatriate Bangladeshis a little bit close to Bangladesh and its culture so that they, in their mind, can feel right at home. We have already brought LRB, Souls, Warfaze and Black (all of them are popular bangladeshi Bands) for online concerts and prominent Bangladeshi political figure Mahi B. Chowdhury for an online talk show. Our programs are admirably covered by the Bangladeshi media and we usually have dozens of TV and news paper journalists in all our shows. But the best part of our program is how Onirbaan lets its users to participate in our shows. We arrange question/answers sessions with our guest so that expatriates can take the microphone to ask their questions directly to our guests.

The show that is scheduled to take place on 13th of this month would be the first ever online talk show where Bangladeshi cricketers are scheduled to appear. I would like to invite all members of this forum to take part in the show by asking questions directly to the cricketers. Please make sure that you have a working microphone and that you have paltalk setup correctly in your system so that everyone can hear your question.

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon

onirban: is this interview first ever 'onilne-chat' program by your forum? if it isn't ... what were the previous programs?... was there any 'cricket-talk' online programs like this one before... conducted by 'onirban'?

would like to know more pls..
Old February 5, 2005, 03:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Onirban, pls excuse our ignorance. We appreciate your organization's effort on bringing this online chat to the cricket loving supporters in bangladesh and outside of bangladesh.

In reference to the funny thread, I genuinely thought that was funny, because having posting in online forums for about 6 years now, I haven't seen anything like that before.
And now that you explained it to me, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks again for inviting us, and I am looking forward for the chat session.

Blah

ps, welcome to BD cricket forum.
Old February 5, 2005, 04:06 PM
BC Editorial Team

Onirbaan = are you Kazi Nurul Islam Babu? or working for him? Nuruilla hoiley tor logay kotha achey dosto
Old February 5, 2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
Onirbaan = are you Kazi Nurul Islam Babu? or working for him? Nuruilla hoiley tor logay kotha achey dosto
Old February 5, 2005, 11:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Nare bhai ami apnar bondhu na. Well, ekhane to amra shobai bondhu tai na? Tobe je manushtake apni khujchen she manushta ami na. Hope you find your "nuruilla" soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by razabq
Old February 5, 2005, 11:34 PM
Street Cricketer

I am really glad that I was able to explain the whole issue with the funny post. Once again dont forget to come up with a question for the BD team. We are hoping that all of us would ask them questions that are both education and entertaining.
Quote:
Originally posted by Blah
Onirban, pls excuse our ignorance. We appreciate your organization's effort on bringing this online chat to the cricket loving supporters in bangladesh and outside of bangladesh.

In reference to the funny thread, I genuinely thought that was funny, because having posting in online forums for about 6 years now, I haven't seen anything like that before.
And now that you explained it to me, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks again for inviting us, and I am looking forward for the chat session.

Blah

ps, welcome to BD cricket forum.