facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old April 17, 2005, 04:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Waqar younis,,most dumb commentator

Waqar Younis was undoubtedly one of the best fast bowlers Pakistan had ever produced, but he is in my books the most stupid of all commentators.
Today when covering the match between India and Pakistan with Ravi Shastri, he commentated that the reason why he thought India were playing so bad was because they had recently played against Bangladesh and that is why they have lost their form.
He then went on to say that the reason why pakistan had lost against India in the last series in Pakistan was also because prior to that series, Pakistan had played against Bangladesh.
Now i have heard many experts/commentators say many negative things about Bangladesh before, but this one beats them all.
All i have to say to Mr. Waqar Younis is that next time you open your mouth, please try and engage you brains, that is if you have any at all.

Old April 17, 2005, 04:33 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

on a different note, u might find some positive out of it

before start playing bangladesh, they think high of themselve and think that they can win against bd with closing their eyes. well, situation is not that easy. even though in pakistan they did win all, they were very close to mental breakdown from nervousness. was scared to death a few times. and india actually had a nightmare on 2nd odi (i'll never forget that face of danguli after the lose).

well, everyone plays bd gets their confidence shattered. and if they play really bad because they broke their confidence playing against bd, it actually might make sense
Old April 17, 2005, 04:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

I never heard him say that... he never even mentioned Bangladesh. Also in the post match ceremony, he was asked why India performed so poorly, he never mentioned BD. If he did say that, that's disappointing. Maybe you were taking his words out of context? He does struggle speaking English, he should not be a commentator.

But you got to admit though... Pakistan did have the advantage of coming off a tour from Australia... instead of India's tour off Bangladesh. That's not insulting, that's just the facts.

Edited on, April 17, 2005, 9:51 PM GMT, by Ameer.
Old April 17, 2005, 04:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

waqar was asked about that by Ravi or sanjay in order to do soul seraching that, why india played the way they played. Waqar only mentioned about australia but never got into bangladesh discussion.
Old April 17, 2005, 04:49 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by al
waqar was asked about that by Ravi or sanjay in order to do soul seraching that, why india played the way they played. Waqar only mentioned about australia but never got into bangladesh discussion.

Waqar said this. They were talking about Bangladesh more than 2/3 minutes and Ravi was clearly embarrassed about this.

Edited on, April 17, 2005, 9:50 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Old April 17, 2005, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

If that logic works, then England have had it in the Ashes!
Old April 17, 2005, 04:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Can anyone quote exactly what Waqar said?
Old April 17, 2005, 04:54 PM
Chief Moderator

Despremi already mentioned about this. Asked anyone who watched the whole match if you still have a doubt or don't trust us.

Edited on, April 17, 2005, 9:54 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Old April 17, 2005, 05:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

Alright [edit] off... I'm not saying I don't trust anyone... but noone has quoted him. And I did watch the whole match, if it did happen, I was taking a bathroom break.

Edited on, April 18, 2005, 3:26 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Old April 17, 2005, 05:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Is there any Bengali commentator out there ? :duh:
Old April 17, 2005, 05:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

I don't know... it's pretty lame how they are acting.. all I'm asking for is a quote. Even if he did say it... it's hardly a tragedy to speak the truth... touring BD is not exactly "upping" your game.

I guess you have to [edit]...

Edited on, April 17, 2005, 10:15 PM GMT, by Ameer.

Edited on, April 18, 2005, 3:28 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Watch your expression
Old April 17, 2005, 05:28 PM
Chief Moderator

Lol. Typical Paki [ ].I yet to understand why these Pakis visit our Bangla site.Don't they have their own fan site.
Old April 17, 2005, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Alright let's not start any stupid back and forth mudslinging. Pakistani fans can visit this forum anytime they want.

But I don't see how can one produce what Ameer is wanting here. I don't think anybody recorded the Waqar quote word by word. But if what he said IS true, it is not really commentator-standard. I mean one can throw such speculative comments in a gallery or cha-er dokan to have some idle fun, but saying that kind of thing in a telecast as an established commentator is kind of stupid.
Old April 17, 2005, 05:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

What I meant by quote is something within the lines of what he said... obviously that is too hard for you guys to do, so ok, whatever.

rezwan, your post is quite typical as well. Who are you say someone doesn't belong on a forum? And yes, we do have our own sites. If the administrators tell me to leave, then I'll leave.

You guys can continue BSing about the horrible Waqar... but I'm outta this thread.

Edited on, April 17, 2005, 10:44 PM GMT, by Ameer.
Old April 17, 2005, 05:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Admins: I think this thread should be closed at this point.....
Old April 17, 2005, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

If that is what he said this could be like that post australia trend. After playing down under a team ups their performence, but now after playing BD they lower their performence.
Old April 17, 2005, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Please refrain from nationalistic/racial attacks. Counter the message and not the messenger.

- admin
Old April 17, 2005, 06:00 PM
Chief Moderator

Waqar might be meant that. I just replied to Alís post. Ameer this is not possible for us to tell u what he said word by word as Arnab mentioned earlier. When you visit our forum please be refrained from commenting any silly. You started this so obviously you will get some reaction. This is also a fact that people from other countries frequently visit this forum as they donít have quality forum like this.
Old April 17, 2005, 06:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

I'm not gonna get into a silly arguement with silly Ameer like few others, simply because how r we supposed to quote him since the match is already over? All we can do is rephrase him to the best of our ability and say what we can recall him saying about the issue.
Old April 17, 2005, 06:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

As far as i can recall Sanjay Manjrekar and Waqar talking about it, they were not belittling Bangladesh. They were simply talking about the things that might or might not have had played a role on Pakistan performing to their full potential and India not. Also they stated on both the occasion the winning team played Aussies and the lossing BD, they just stated that and left an open question vey politely by saying sometihng like, Could that be one of the contributing factor....Now we should be unbiased and ask ourselves what is so wrong about that? Is it that bad that we can call him the most dumb commentator? I think sometimes we react too strongly to any kind of criticism but its perhaps ok since we r afterall Bd fans but was it really a criticism hinted towards us?
Old April 17, 2005, 06:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Guys, as a Pakistani, he got a little defensive just as we would have been if we went to a Pakistani forum and someone called on of our guys stupid! These things aren't always logical or rational. But lets not all pile on him now!

As for what Waqar said, it would have made some sense if he had compared India's coming to Bangladesh to Pakistan's tour of Australia, but by using Bangladesh's tour of Pakistan in 2003 as an example of this so called phenomenon, he proved that he is an idiot. After all, they did have to up their game to beat us!
Old April 17, 2005, 06:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think most of us r jumping into conclusion without really trying to know what exactly he said under what context. As far as i can recall its an issue that was rasied first by Manjrekar and then they simply talked about it but at no point any of them said that it was actually the reason for India underperforming this series and Pakistan in the last. They were just discussing about the resemblance of two teams previous tour b4 playing each other and left an open question whether it does make any difference or not?
Old April 17, 2005, 06:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

Just to add into this issue,,,they didnt even conclude anything about the Bd tour,,only thing they both agreed is playing Australia in Australia always makes the touring team better off.

Edited on, April 18, 2005, 12:57 AM GMT, by Rubayed.
Reason: typo
Old April 17, 2005, 08:49 PM
Club Cricketer

Pakistan won so may reasons for that . One of them would be "Afridi" He made 5 lakhs from the govt for second fastest hundred . So , if they the prize like this so they have to win as well as they had money when they drawn the test series too .
Old April 17, 2005, 08:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubayed
I think most of us r jumping into conclusion without really trying to know what exactly he said under what context. As far as i can recall its an issue that was rasied first by Manjrekar and then they simply talked about it but at no point any of them said that it was actually the reason for India underperforming this series and Pakistan in the last. They were just discussing about the resemblance of two teams previous tour b4 playing each other and left an open question whether it does make any difference or not?
That sounds more professional.
Closed Thread